The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Broken quest "A Masterful Weapon"

Zenthloc
Zenthloc
Soul Shriven
So I did my daily writs and got a quest, I decided to pop it and head over to the set location and find out that the quest requires this style called fang lair. Turns out that this set is not in the game right now. What should I do?? I tried submitting a ticket but it wouldnt let me log into support.
I like to hurt others with axe
  • first_kodiak
    first_kodiak
    ✭✭
    Only thing you can really do is wait for the style to start dropping, but considering it only comes from the Vet Fang Lair dungeon it will be expensive. Checking the master writs before opening them is a good habit to get into to avoid things like this.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Zenthloc

As you have probably discovered since your report, your character will not be able to accept another Blacksmithing Crafting Quest unless and until you either complete the Fang Lair quest, or abandon it.

Of course, your character should be able to join an Undaunted group or other group for Fang Lair dungeon on Veteran level. Maybe you will obtain the Style Motif that your character is required to learn, as a loot drop.

FWIW, I made the same mistake not long after Master Crafting Writs were implemented as a TESO feature. Let's hope that the payoff is not a lot of Vouchers. :wink:

Edited by Shadowshire on June 1, 2018 7:50PM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    Fang Lair set will start dropping at the 'launch of Summerset' per patch notes. Launch is on June 4, not prerelease. This is only applied to motifs dropped by dungeon bosses, not Summerset motifs.

Yeah, I had to read the fine print on that one too. ZOS was tricksey.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty dumb to have a master writ drop asking for it before the motif is even available though. /facepalm