The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Water-Stained Psijic vs Clockwork Citrus Filet

rafaelcsmaia
rafaelcsmaia
✭✭✭✭✭
So both recipes are gold and basically the same for magicka and stamina:

Clockwork:
Effect: Increase Max Health by 3724, Health Recovery by 351, Max Magicka by 3458 and Magicka Recovery by 319 for 2 hours. (5 second cooldown)
Ingredients: Red Meat (1), Lemon (1), Frost Mirriam (1), Perfect Roe (1)

Psijic:
Effect: Increase Max Health by 3724, Health Recovery by 351, Max Stamina by 3458 and Stamina Recovery by 319 for 2 hours. (5 second cooldown)
Ingredients: Fish (20), Melon (5), Torchbug Thorax (5), Powdered Mother of Pearl (5)

Question is: Why now gold food doesnt require perfect roe to craft? This is a big let down for magicka, unless this new reagent costs almost 2k a piece, the clockwork food is massively more expensive.

My suggestion would be to change the perfect roe to a decent amount of another reagent, so it can be on par with the new food.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish people would go and do some research BEFORE coming on the forums to cry.

Yes, the stam food currently is more expensive than the mag food. happy?
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    stams need 4 Giant Clam perls. takes all from 10min till 1h to farm *depending on RNG*

mags need 1 perfect roe.. Takes... 5min to fish?
    Cleared Trials:

• lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    stams need 4 Giant Clam perls. takes all from 10min till 1h to farm *depending on RNG*

So roe is not RNG? Sure it can take 5 min but also 5 hours ;)
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dubious camoran throne is, more or less, the same effect and cheaper to make. witchmothers brew ditto.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lardvader wrote: »

1 roe = 2 fish holes - with my rng.
    4 perls = tons of *** clams, that drop rate is low, spawn rate on clams is low, and geysirs are on a timer.

So my point being, 1 roe is just so much easier to farm for then the pearls. And well, thank god for that as I'm a magica main.
    Edited by Kikke on May 25, 2018 11:39AM
    Cleared Trials:

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fine let’s trade. Powdered pearl is a *** to find.
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Health recovery is VERY important. Trust me.
    Witchmother, Camoran? No!
    All hail health recovery.!
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1 roe = 2 fish holes - with my rng.
    4 perls = tons of *** clams, that drop rate is low, spawn rate on clams is low, and geysirs are on a timer.

So my point being, 1 roe is just so much easier to farm for then the pearls. And well, thank god for that as I'm a magica main.

I call bs on 1 roe on 2 fish holes.
    Edited by Runschei on May 25, 2018 11:44AM
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish people would go and do some research BEFORE coming on the forums to cry.

Yes, the stam food currently is more expensive than the mag food. happy?

I wish people actually read the whole post before throwing stones.

I asked why the difference between them (Clearly all gold food needs roe, just the psijic not) and pointed out that if the clam powder costs more than 2k a piece it evens out.

Edit: Im on console, how Would I be able to know the drop rates?
    Edited by rafaelcsmaia on May 25, 2018 11:47AM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yesterday before trial. I needed food. I went too the ocean in Artaeum, fished up two fishing holes. got my roe. so your point being?

And again! THE POINT WAS NEVER ABOUT MY RNG! it was that it takes 1 roe too make 4 foods for mags. it takes 4 perls too make 4 foods for stams. And that BOTH are tied too RNG, one worse than the other.

And this is the reason I hate the forum warriors. They dont read the topic, they dont read the context. And they scream out with full lungs on stuff they #1 dont care about #2 dont know anything about or #3 has irrational feelings for.
    Cleared Trials:

• Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday before trial. I needed food. I went too the ocean in Artaeum, fished up two fishing holes. got my roe. so your point being?

And again! THE POINT WAS NEVER ABOUT MY RNG! it was that it takes 1 roe too make 4 foods for mags. it takes 4 perls too make 4 foods for stams. And that BOTH are tied too RNG, one worse than the other.

And this is the reason I hate the forum warriors. They dont read the topic, they dont read the context. And they scream out with full lungs on stuff they #1 dont care about #2 dont know anything about or #3 has irrational feelings for.

Pearls are rare enough to find, just like roe.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t know why they keep pretending as if health recovery remains even moderately important. You have to sacrifice so many other stats to stack it, and even at 1-2k, 500-1000 HPs (its halved since it ticks every 2s) ain’t saving nobody from nothing. It’s a useless stat and I’m sure they’ll remove it when they do a stat-squish/ major balance pass.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    and I stand corrected, it's 5 pearls.

So @Runschei, you really compare 5 pearls to 1 roe?
    Cleared Trials:

• rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus this is why I think a thousand times before posting on these forums, people get extremelly triggered and salty over simple stuff.
  • Geekgirl
    Geekgirl
    ✭✭✭
    If you can get Perfect Roe in two fishing holes worth of fish then you, my friend, should be playing the lottery with that luck.

I have not gotten Master Angler yet. I have been fishing since I started playing. I have found maybe 30 total perfect roe in my history of fishing.

Granted I don't fish 24/7 but I fish a lot - between dungeons; I stop at every hole I see while questing.

RNG is RNG whether is be pearls or roe -- it stinks for everyone.
    PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
    Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
    Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
    Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
    Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
    Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 min to farm perfect Roe? I haven't found one in 2 years now! RNGeesus has forsaken me :disappointed:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jesus this is why I think a thousand times before posting on these forums, people get extremelly triggered and salty over simple stuff.

pot meet kettle.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

because the roe drop rate is in no way shape or form lower than the powdered peals and clam gall...sureee

There isn't a reason for perfect roe too be 14k per roe at all...noo totally not.

I dont think its possible for me to be anymore sarcastic than that. Seriously, legendary provisioning item vs a relatively reasonable drop rate regeants and provisioning items....

Its cheaper to make the stam food than the mag food before you say it isn't yes yes it is. Do the math beyond using the wildly inflated prices of new items please.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    okey? I've never had any issues getting roe. usally 1 in 50, lucky days 1 in 20 and I look at 1 in 100 as bad RNG.

by 50,20 and 100 I mean fish. so 1 roe pr 50 fish. by my experience. and 20-50 fish is quick to fish, specially in areas were you are alone and there are always 2 or 3 fishing holes up around you.

You can literally stand inside a small area, continuously fishing endlessly.
    So yes excuse me when I think 1 roe is easier too get than 5 pearls.
    Cleared Trials:

• Geekgirl
    Geekgirl
    ✭✭✭
    @kikkehs and that's the problem with RNG; for one it can be so vastly different.

I have yet to search for giant clam pearls, so I can't speak directly to the RNG surrounding that, but I can say that I have never been able to get PR at the rates you've been getting them.

I think one of my fishing addons actually does the breakdown in fish vs. roe, I'm going to log in now to see if I'm remembering right, if so, I'll come back and update with the percentages.

EDIT: I looks like the addon reset the numbers after the latest update I am currently 2/271 (0.73%). As an aside I'm absolutely not here to argue which recipe was cheaper to make, I was just flummoxed by Kik's RNG. :wink:
    Edited by Geekgirl on May 25, 2018 12:38PM
    PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
    Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
    Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
    Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
    Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
    Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current price of Perfect Roe (need one)

Current price of Powdered Mother of Pearl (need 5)

So no, OP, don't worry, the stamina players probably won't get an unfair advantage over you.

Can we close the discussion now ?
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dubious camoran throne is, more or less, the same effect and cheaper to make. witchmothers brew ditto.

Exactly. The health recovery isn't really that big of an addition considering the price gap. And yeah, the Mother of Pearl is way more expensive than the Roe. At least until the bots have caught up. ;)
    Edited by Feanor on May 25, 2018 12:39PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tested to see if the Pearls can come from the tel var satchels?
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ive gotten like 6 perfect roes in an hour of fishing you just gotta put in effort its not hard.
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭

Can't argue with proper statistics.
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    Has anyone tested to see if the Pearls can come from the tel var satchels?

I doubt it, pretty sure its Summerset only.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nnargun wrote: »

Can't argue with proper statistics.

But, but. a 'proper' statistics is usually twisted and turned for someones agenda. What I state are personal facts.
    Witch in my mind triumph over biased statistics xD
    Aznox wrote: »

So no, OP, don't worry, the stamina players probably won't get an unfair advantage over you.

Yes, yes we can =)
    Cleared Trials:

• NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roe price will fall with the addition of the purple recipe. It's effect is that if you fish in a group every time you pull out a fish you get one additional, even got 2 blues at once in a hole earlier. If people regularly fish with that the roe price should half.
    Edited by NupidStoob on May 25, 2018 3:53PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dubious with Bone Pirate using health recovery mundus is roughly 200% better.

New gold food is a food.
    PC EU
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »

The issue here is the pearl prices are inflated for being new stuff, pretty much like everything new in ESO.

Also im not worried on advantages, as I play both mag and stam, Im raising an honest question about the simple logic in provisioning>

Purple food needs mirriam and bervez (Purple mats)

Gold foods (mostly) need ambrosia, but for this new one its not the case.

My intention was to bring attention to this issue by some ZOS people, not to start an RNG brag war or triggering people over what I think its fair, this is not only pointless, its annoying.