The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game crashes

Shiftie1
Shiftie1
ever since Summerset came out I have been experiencing crashing with no error message to login screen need with a fix plz
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, that happened to me twice when fps dropped and a freeze ended up being a crash to desktop.
    No fix to fps issue yet, ever since multiple reports after Summerset launch.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Shiftie1

Please go to the help article below and follow the troubleshooting steps.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?

You can start a ticket with customer support for further assistance if the troubleshooting steps do not help.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. This is not a normal issue and rather a bug that came with Summerset. Zos has tried to fix it once, but clearly did not hit the root of the cause. I attached the link below to inform BillE.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/415850/pc-mac-patch-notes-v4-0-7#latest

It is getting annoying.
  • arasysb14_ESO
    arasysb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this issue. I never experienced an issue like this before and it started with Summerset. Game has been crashing without error since launch. Sometimes I get fps drops down to 24 (my graphics card has 16 gb ram) from 100 as well.
    Arasys Llanor, CP 800+ Magicka Sorcerer NA

Please do not use the same Fallout 76 engine for TES VI
  • kmufc77b16_ESO
    kmufc77b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    DCs here also since Summerset hit.
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this too since Summerset.

Most of the time it's just CTD with no error - game just closes. A few times I've had crash to login.

This has been happening to me 2-3 times per day at least - all occurrences since Summerset. Never had an issue before this latest patch.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this issue. I never experienced an issue like this before and it started with Summerset. Game has been crashing without error since launch. Sometimes I get fps drops down to 24 (my graphics card has 16 gb ram) from 100 as well.

The only thing in the standard trouble shooting that could actually test if it is affecting this issue is addons. Nothing else on our machines changed other than ESO and addons. It is directly related to the expansion changes.
  • melloni_aleb16_ESO
    melloni_aleb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Me too

after summerset the game crash ( in pve) every 5 minutes for me....

-nothing has changed in the PC configuration
    - disabled every add on
    - -win 10 and driver graphic card are update

this happens to me on 3 different computers ..." the problem is not the computer "
    DC|EP|AD EU .:. Claymore - all classes DK/Sorc/Nb/templar .: Retired :.
    DC NA server with 400 ping - DKs Vraccàs

Philosophy of the poor .: "What you cannot beat ..zerg him " :.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CTDs after 2hrs ish of game play
    New since Summerset

Please do your own beta testing and get this fixed
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had a few crashes as well, which I very rarely had before. I wonder if it is linked to the changes to better support multi-core CPUs.
  • Elissae
    Elissae
    ✭✭✭
    Happened to me a couple of times as well the past couple of days, did not occur prior to last week's maintenance.
  • ZatruKarzana
    ZatruKarzana
    Soul Shriven
    I'm constantly crashing, at least 2-3 times an hour since Sommerset. Ran repair, did everything else on the link the mod providing. This is getting old.
  • Rackiera
    Rackiera
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, refund please for my sub.

Run a dungeon, port out - crash to loading screen, literally 8/10 times.

Port anywhere 6/10 times - loading screen.

This is not my PC, settings, its Summerset, I personally think it's the wonderful 'multi-threading' causing it, whatever it is it needs a fix, many reporting it..
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's caused by the total lack of QA by ZOS...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting constant crashes as well without fail. The game will load the character selection screen well enough, but once it tries to load the world of my character, it crashes at the end of the loading screen every single time. Such poor quality coding. I cannot believe such a product as this was pushed out.
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did everything in the FAQ, FWIW. Problems persist.

This is a *new* problem for me in that it is happening every day, AND it started with Summerset. I can't really detect a pattern to the crashes - they seem to be happening randomly.
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adding to the chorus: on Friday night I kept crashing to desktop (at least 5-6 times). Read somewhere else that changing usersettings.txt name so the game creates a new one helps, and it did — now I just get logged out randomly rather than crashing entirely. Twice I got a "logged out for spam" message without doing anything at all in chat.

Agree with the person above who suggested a goodwill gesture: refund sub, or at least 1 month free, a crate, or SOMEthing. People joke about "literally unplayable" but this was actually a struggle.

P.S. the usual response of "do your own troubleshooting" by disabling add-ons, etc. won't cut it when dozens of players have complained about this exact issue here, on the Reddit sub, and in guild and zone chat.
  • Rexy18
    Rexy18
    ✭✭✭
    I've had the same issue recently, getting kicked to login screen every 30 minutes precisely, no second earlier and no second later. Here's a list of the things I have done, which fixed the issue for me (although it's difficult to say which ones were really needed and which ones weren't):

- Added the game as an exception to my antivirus*
    - Added an inbound and outbound rule for ESO in Windows' firewall
    - Opened the ports for ESO on my router*
    - Disabled IPv6 and its firewall
    - Running the game as admin
    - Updated all hardware drivers on my PC via device manager
    - Updated all addons

*these two solutions were on ESO's support page for connectivity issues

Edit: problem is back with today's patch
    Edited by Rexy18 on June 4, 2018 12:13PM
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multiple crashes daily here as well. Completely random.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Chaosweasel
    Chaosweasel
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing here. Ever since Summerset I have been getting kicked to desktop with no errors. Sometimes this has happened within 2-3 minutes of each other. I know multiple guildies that are having the same problem.
  • Mist_Walker
    Mist_Walker
    ✭✭
    Crash occurs every time I try to travel to Wrothgar. Every other zone is fine. Can't zone or waypoint in to Wrothgar specifically without a crash to desktop.
  • Rackiera
    Rackiera
    ✭✭✭

I put a ticket into support, this is the response I got;

After reviewing your Game Consultant, I can immediately see what's causing the connectivity issues. Your Pathping results show that your launcher is unable to make a connection past your modem, and is only making 1 hop, when it should make about 10. As you've tried all of the troubleshooting we have to offer for connectivity issues, I'd recommend contacting your ISP for further assistance. One last thing you may want to try (and I've personally used this before with results) is running a clean boot on your PC. For more detailed information, and for the instructions in running Clean Boot for the other Windows versions, please visit:

Make sense to anyone ? , it's only ESO no other game if it was the above wouldn't all be affected, and how can I play for an hour with no issues then zone and crash... I smell **** **** , any techies able to comment ?
  • Rackiera
    Rackiera
    ✭✭✭
    As an update I did the 'clean reboot' = no errors detected..., so as before its an ESO issue imo...
  • Rackiera
    Rackiera
    ✭✭✭
    BUMP
  • Rackiera
    Rackiera
    ✭✭✭
    Spoke to ISP, nothing wrong with service, tested levels upload and down, all other websites / online games work.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've crashed a few times since yesterday's patch maintenance, and have had a pretty flawless performance up till then since PC launch. I don't use addons. PC EU server. The only change at my end is that yesterday I also installed the May Windows updates (monthly rollup and .net framework update). However, I imagine most players will have installed them well before this problem emerged yesterday so it's unlikely to be a factor.
  • Rackiera
    Rackiera
    ✭✭✭

From Support, how technical do we need to be, I could mess up my whole internet config just because they can't find an issue with a patch with 100's having the same issues.

I have asked for my sub to be cancelled and refunded, will be back when it's fixed, I would have settled for 'we know its an ESO issue and were working on it, but to get players to try and do all the below when before Summerset all was fine is a joke.

Hello,

We appreciate you giving the previous steps a try.

From here to ensure you have a stable connection to the internet, I would like you to set up a static IP address.

To do this please follow the steps below:

1.Open up the start menu and look for the Search programs and files box.

2.Type cmd in the Search programs and files box and hit [Enter]. This will bring up a black command prompt window.

3.Type "ipconfig /all" and hit [Enter]. This will display a lot of information. If it scrolls off the top, you may need to enlarge the window.

4.Note the following information:

◦IP address

◦Subnet Mask

◦Default Gateway

◦Name Servers

5.Open the Start Menu and select your ControlPanel.

6.Select View Network Status and Tasks.

7.Select Change adapter settings on the left side of thescreen.

1.If you have more than one internet connection, you will need to determine which adapter your machine is using. Right-click on your network adapter and choose Properties.

8.Selcet Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then Properties.

9.Before you make any changes, write down the settings that you see on this page so you can change the settings back if required.

10.You should see a dot in the Obtain an IP address automatically box. If you do not, your connection is already setup for a static IP and you can close it.

11.Pick an IP address and enter it into the IP Address box. The IP address you choose should be very similar to the router's IP address, and only the last number of the IP address should be different. The IP address you choose should end with a number between 1 and 254, and it should not be the same as the router's IP address.

12.Enter the Subnet Mask that was located in the ipconfig.

13.Enter the default gateway from the ipconfig into the Default gateway box.

14.Enter the DNS servers from the ipconfig into the two DNS Server boxes.

15.Save and exit.

• TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, it's really rather 'funny' joke to ask people to go through hoops when the client crashes very frequently on a system that was running rock solid (as in no crash for at least 3 months) before Summerset. I had 4 CTD yesterday and 2 today. Not anything else changed.
  • SaiyanBroly
    SaiyanBroly
    Soul Shriven
    Same here.

Got two ctd's in one day, one of which happened when i tried to load my character. The game was rock-solid until yesterday.

The worst part is that i spent the better part of two weeks grinding my a*** of to be able to buy the 8 Chromium platings required for one of the Jewelry crafting achievements.

I almost achieved my goal and now this happens? To say i'm livid is an understatement.
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is happening to me as well since Summerset. Regular crashes for no reason, often when zoning on loading in.