The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Unexpected internal login error (Can confirm STEAM related 100%)

OsManiaC
OsManiaC
✭✭✭✭
Cannot login if I tried from steam, but can login from eso64.exe as usual. This will not work for 2017 & 2018 members

ZOS you really need to save steam players.
GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • Rumpelstiltskin
    Rumpelstiltskin
    Soul Shriven
    Can't login AGAIN. Can log on US server which is expletively useless to me. Pathetic admin, just like last event.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @OsManiaC

The "Unexpected Internal Error has occurred" can occur if you have a faulty file in your game.

If logging out and restarting the game does not resolve the issue, you can follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Check ESO Service Alerts

Verify the servers are not undergoing scheduled maintenance here. If the ESO server or platform is undergoing maintenance or experiencing an outage, you will not be able to connect until it is resolved.

Close and Restart ESO and the Launcher

Completely close out and restart The Elder Scrolls Online game and the ESO Launcher and try again.

Switch Between Megaservers

If you continue to receive the "Unexpected error" message, you can try changing your Megaserver.
    To do this, navigate to the in-game login screen by launching The Elder Scrolls Online from the ESO Launcher. At the login screen, select Server (underneath the Play button), select the server you wish to connect to (NA or EU), and then select Accept. It may take several minutes for your server selection to update. After choosing your server, wait until the Announcements reflects your selection before logging into the game.

Repair your Launcher

Rename the "ProgramData" folder to "ProgramDataBackup" located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ and repair your launcher. Open your Launcher and Go to "Game Options" and select "Repair"
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really appreciate your reply

But I am sorry they wont work.

Same problem every time please look into this

Game launch from steam --> cannot login

game launch from folder --> success login

GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • Dragonborn1973
    Why isn't there an alternative launcher for Steam 2017-2018 users so they can bypass the steam launcher saves all of us lots of frustration.
    Edited by Dragonborn1973 on June 9, 2018 5:49PM
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EU PC megaserver:

I can confirm. Same issue as before. Can't log in if started through Steam, I can log in fine via eso64.exe

Also tried all the steps mentioned.

Did you guys forget to pay the Steam bill again? :lol:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    Is this related to the Steam Client Update that went live today?
  • sumitkr2590
    sumitkr2590
    Soul Shriven
    I think I'm on the same boat now
    Earlier I re-installed my ESO game because I bought Summerset from steam
    Now whenever I try to start my game error message for Internal error shows up
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @OsManiaC

The "Unexpected Internal Error has occurred" can occur if you have a faulty file in your game.

If logging out and restarting the game does not resolve the issue, you can follow the troubleshooting steps below:

Check ESO Service Alerts

Verify the servers are not undergoing scheduled maintenance here. If the ESO server or platform is undergoing maintenance or experiencing an outage, you will not be able to connect until it is resolved.

Completely close out and restart The Elder Scrolls Online game and the ESO Launcher and try again.

If you continue to receive the "Unexpected error" message, you can try changing your Megaserver.
    To do this, navigate to the in-game login screen by launching The Elder Scrolls Online from the ESO Launcher. At the login screen, select Server (underneath the Play button), select the server you wish to connect to (NA or EU), and then select Accept. It may take several minutes for your server selection to update. After choosing your server, wait until the Announcements reflects your selection before logging into the game.

Repair your Launcher

Rename the "ProgramData" folder to "ProgramDataBackup" located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ and repair your launcher. Open your Launcher and Go to "Game Options" and select "Repair"

Perhaps you should take a look at any of the other dozens if not hundreds of posts made by steam EU players in the past hour who cannot log in before posting some template "user error" blurb that isn't going to help anyone, eh?
  • Prodigy_UA
    Prodigy_UA
    ✭✭
    Same problem - can't login onto both megaservers.
    Last try error was "Connection to server timed out".
    Steam-version.
  • paynesgreyb14_ESO
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @OsManiaC

Check ESO Service Alerts

Repair your Launcher

Tried it. Didn't help, except from changing from "an unexpected error occurred" to a login timeout, "try again later."
    PC, Steam, NA server. Was playing a couple hours ago with no problem.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

While we understand that many of you are currently experiencing issues with either not being able to login, or being disconnected after logging in, we would like to ask that all further posts be made here so that we can keep everything together.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.