The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Booted to login screen every 2hrs

Dr_Funkenstein
Dr_Funkenstein
Soul Shriven
Hello,

So for the past few months I am disconnected from the game every hour-and-a-half to two hours with ruthless regularity. No matter what time of day, day of the week, what Im doing, or what character Im playing. I can almost set my clock to it. This is so frustrating, makes attempting group content futile. I can basically queue a random dungeon on login, and thats it. After that, its party wipes thanks to the healer disappearing...

My computer exceeds minimum requirements, have a wired connection, Bell fibre optic internet. What can I do? Is this a server problem, PC issue, or an ISP matter?

I have performed ping tests, and it says my connection is better than average for my region.

Theres nothing else open in the background besides Xpadder software when I play, I even alt-tab to close the ESO launcher. Tried disabling my anti-virus, no difference.

Help!
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you get an error message?

To where are you disconnected? (login screen, desktop.. etc)

Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Dr_Funkenstein
    Dr_Funkenstein
    Soul Shriven
    I know when im getting booted because my screen freezes up and the ESO mouse pointer appears.
    Then, Im back to the LOGIN (title) screen with no error popup. About 50% of the time, if I try to log in immediately after getting booted it says "error: cannot connect to game server" (no error code provided). I usually just give it 10 seconds and log back in without problems. Except Im booted again 1.5 hrs later, lol.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea that sound like a zos problem, or if you have a bad isp/router that lose connection in a steady interval. If it is your isp/you that is the problem you should notice it while doing other stuff on the internet too though. You could monitor your connection aswell.

Maybe it is the route your pc take to reach the servers.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Dr_Funkenstein
    Dr_Funkenstein
    Soul Shriven
    The router is a brand new piece of hardware, and a recent model at that. Probably not the router itself.
    I dont notice any interruptions when downloading or streaming, and ESO is the only persistent connection game I play. Maybe Ill try another multiplayer game like borderlands or counterstrike to see if Im booted there. If I am, then I know its me, or at least not ZoS.

Ill update in a couple of days with the results of my troubleshoot.
  • EricV
    EricV
    ✭✭
    I came back to ESO today after a year-long break. Never had a problem before with the client but now (after a fresh download) I get kicked to the login screen every few minutes. Max 10min, usually less.

I did the usual firewall exceptions and even the port triggering on my router. I have a very reliable fibre connection and run other online games without hassle.

Am I missing something?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There are currently multiple threads discussing issues with disconnections. Please go to this thread for troubleshooting advice and to continue any commentary. We are therefore closing this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.