Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mounts and Pets in Homes

CursedElephant
CursedElephant
Soul Shriven
I was thinking that I really wanted to build my own stable in a house to showcase my mounts and have cute pets all around. Then I remembered that no matter which house i choose, I will be limited to selecting only a few of them. If I'm allowed to collect that many, let me display them all in my home! Why is there such a small limit on mounts and pets in player housing?
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because you don't have to choose only one house. You can run eight characters before you need to buy extra slots, and each one will want a home of their own, where they stable their own mount(s) and their own pets run in the yard.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a post about a "zoo house" allowing only pets and mounts awhile ago and got no feedback from anyone. I figured if you were limited to pets, mounts, conservatory and maybe lightning it should be do-able.
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    I want a crazy cat lady house. How am I to that with only eight cats?!? That's just wrong.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slyjinxy wrote: »
    I want a crazy cat lady house. How am I to that with only eight cats?!? That's just wrong.

More if you count big cats and the cubs. My Mom loved all things feline. She was borderline "crazy" cat lady. LOL
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The housing slots need to be increased a lot, for mounts and pets and everythinh, from collectibles to normal furinture.
  • ZOS_Holden
    ZOS_Holden
    Community Rep
    Hey there, @CursedElephant.

Great suggestion! A small in-home stable or menagerie of some sort sounds like a really fun idea, and we can just imagine the awesome screenshots that would come from it. That being said, we obviously can't promise your idea will be used, but thank you for taking the time to share it.
    Staff Post
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see this happen, but if it does, all the more reason I hope the Haj Mota hatchling comes back soon in the next crown crate season. Joined ESO after it got discontinued (didn't know about discontinuations at the time), so when it comes back, I will be very happy to add it to my own menagerie! <3
  • Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    Slyjinxy wrote: »

More if you count big cats and the cubs. My Mom loved all things feline. She was borderline "crazy" cat lady. LOL

Yes, I want all of them at my house, big cats, house cats, kittens if they're ever available or ZOS lets our pets breed (though that goes against my always have your pets spayed or neutered rule).

ZOS, please, please let me be a virtual crazy cat lady so I don't become one in real life! You would be doing a great service to all humanity :smiley:
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw sheep in summerset...can we have flocks of sheep too?!
  • Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Holden wrote: »
    Hey there, @CursedElephant.

Great suggestion! A small in-home stable or menagerie of some sort sounds like a really fun idea, and we can just imagine the awesome screenshots that would come from it. That being said, we obviously can't promise your idea will be used, but thank you for taking the time to share it.

@ZOS_Holden Please make this happen! We've been asking for ages to get the pet cap raised so we can advertise crown store pets/mount while having a menagerie :) I am really happy someone at ZOS finally saw one of the posts!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the problems with the slots available is that they're always x of this type AND y of that type, rather than x OR y. Within a cap for a home, we can't trade off one type of item (e.g. trophies) against another (e.g. animals). I know there would still be complaints, but the more CHOICES we have, the less there should be.
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, when I realized I couldn't put ALL my collectibles (mounts & pets) in my home instances I decided I didn't want to buy anymore extra mounts & pets. The furniture cap is already really annoying, but really capping collectibles I buy from the crown store or get from crates just makes no sense. And for whoever says just get more houses, yeah I have 17 eso houses, 4 of which are notable homes. And it's stupid that I can't put as much furniture as I want or display as many collectibles as I actually have, that just means I won't want to buy any more collectibles since there's not much point if you can't look at it.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be extra cool if they not only allowed us to showcase all of our pets and mounts but also if they made the display version of mounts be without their tack on. I know it comes off--when my graphics are slow to load because of lag, I see my mount barebacked for a split second! No responsible rider leaves the tack on their mount once they get them home. They'd get saddle sores. Let us look like good caretakers, please? :)
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    It would be extra cool if they not only allowed us to showcase all of our pets and mounts but also if they made the display version of mounts be without their tack on. I know it comes off--when my graphics are slow to load because of lag, I see my mount barebacked for a split second! No responsible rider leaves the tack on their mount once they get them home. They'd get saddle sores. Let us look like good caretakers, please? :)
    I suggested this in a previous post and got little to no feedback.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/412865/i-want-a-zoo-house#latest
  • Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, when I realized I couldn't put ALL my collectibles (mounts & pets) in my home instances I decided I didn't want to buy anymore extra mounts & pets. The furniture cap is already really annoying, but really capping collectibles I buy from the crown store or get from crates just makes no sense. And for whoever says just get more houses, yeah I have 17 eso houses, 4 of which are notable homes. And it's stupid that I can't put as much furniture as I want or display as many collectibles as I actually have, that just means I won't want to buy any more collectibles since there's not much point if you can't look at it.

I agree, being able to toggle off a saddle on a mount in a home would be awesome! Stabled horses found all over Tamriel have no saddles most of the time. I imagine it must get quite uncomfortable for the mount to be wearing a saddle all the time in a home.