The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

3 day ticket, still stuck at character load

xalepos
xalepos
✭✭
I have not been able to get past the "requesting character load" since the Summerset update. I was able to play ESO fine before that. In fact I returned just two weeks ago with the pre-purchase after being away for over a year being excited to get back into ESO; but now I cant.

I submitted a ticket but no one has looked at it for three days. I have done all the trouble shooting that has been suggested on these forums: run as admin, use repair tool, completely remove all add ons, add exceptions to virus protection, re-install. Nothing is working! Other online games I have work no problem but not ESO. Why? Can someone please help?
  • Baharoth77
    Baharoth77
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same issue
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does ZOS have people working this weekend? They are based in the U.S., and there's a big holiday weekend going on over there.
  • xalepos
    xalepos
    ✭✭
    So I thought I'd try the PTS to see if I can get on there, and I can!! But I still can not get past the "requesting character load" on the main server. What the hell is wrong?? I did a fresh install and sill have problems. Obviously the problem is not on my end since I can play on the PTS. Can anyone at ZOS give a response? Anyone else have this problem?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @xalepos and @Baharoth77

Both of you have been sent messages with further information on your support tickets.

If anyone runs into issues loading your character, please try the troubleshooting found in this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can give you a tip:

Move your addons folder to a different location.

Now start game and try to log in.

When you are successful, delete new adding folder and replace with your old one.
  • xalepos
    xalepos
    ✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    I can give you a tip:

When you are successful, delete new adding folder and replace with your old one.

I removed all my addons already. However, I gave your suggestion a try.... no luck. Thanks though.
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have you tried disabling or uninstalling your virus software. I have found that they cause a lot of problems with online games and while in game you really dont need the protection.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • ChuckyB0715
    ChuckyB0715
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here. Since Summerset available, I have not been able to enter game.

• Baharoth77
    Baharoth77
    ✭✭✭
    Ok did everything listed above. Even just completely disabled my firewall. Still no luck.
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    try moving your saved variables file... it helped me
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry. As above, remove saved variables. But it seems like you've 'done everything' so I don't know what to say other than Good Luck.

I hope it's sorted soon!
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xalepos wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »
    I can give you a tip:

I removed all my addons already. However, I gave your suggestion a try.... no luck. Thanks though.

I didn't say remove add ons. I said: move the add on folder to another location.

These aren't the same operations.

Literally cut/paste the add ons folder elsewhere. Not copy, but literally move the folder to another place.

If you've done that, please pardon me.

Just I've had the same issue and done what I said, and done.
  • xalepos
    xalepos
    ✭✭
    I was able to finally get past the character load loop, however I needed to use a VPN to do so. I did not need a VPN before Summerset, but now I do? Why would that be? No other mmo I play requires a VPN. So what happened with the Summerset patch that now requires a VPN to get past the character load loop? Any ideas? I prefer to play without the use of a VPN. Thanks in advance.