The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Assassin’s Will = ‘I win’ button over other classes

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd take Rune Prison over Fear OR Fossilize. :disappointed:
    Edited by NBrookus on May 26, 2018 1:17AM
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    People, some of the same people, cried and complained about another skill that got gutted in crystal frags. This then crippled the class for all the sorcs that couldn’t manage to get a dsa group and get a master inferno, rendering the class very uncompetitive. ZOS then compensated by making rune cage OP, a change that neither sorcs nor those who oppose sorcs like. In the end, no one is happy. The irony is, that crystal frags was a skill with the most counter play in the game. You can dodge it, you can block it, you can reflect it. Now you have unavoidable cage burst combos coming off of a skill with 0 counterplay. [Snip].

I use this as a cautionary tale. Like frags, will is an essential component of mageblade offense. Is it strong? Of course. Does it have tons of counterplay? Absolutely. Learn it. Get good. Less QQ and more Pew Pew makes the game a better place.

ZoS nerfs frag damage

Goblin: ehhh it already misses/blocked/reflected.

ZoS nerfs frag stun + dmg

Goblin: *Heart breaks in two*

Rune cage is a stupid rinse repeat of meteor dropping no counter combos.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on May 26, 2018 12:23PM
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf sorc, buff nightblade.

+1 to NERF wardens stam/DKstam/Templarstam/Sorcstam

Done! game balanced (finally)!
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »
    Nerf sorc, buff nightblade.

+1 to NERF wardens stam/DKstam/Templarstam/Sorcstam

Done! game balanced (finally)!

Stamblade exposed.
  • ZOS_KatP
    ZOS_KatP
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

We've gone through and removed a few posts that violated our policies on baiting and flaming. Please note that while disagreements between players will occur, it's important that your opinions be voiced appropriately and inline with our forum rules. As always,
    If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread, and find another discussion to participate in instead.

Please refrain from arguing, as the thread then derails from it's intended conversation and turns into nothing more than a flame war.

Thanks for your understanding!
    Staff Post
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »

I don't know about the frag reference. I have a 20.5 buffed but unprocced frag tooltip right now on my sorc...and that's up more frequently than will.

<3 deleting people with will. Learn to anticipate it, then block or dodge or cc the nightblade. Will has extremely obvious telegraphs which you can learn to work around. The nightblade's entire tempo will revolve around lining one of those up in a combo.

Strawman argument. No sorc build with enough sustain to actually last in pvp will have that kind of tooltip.

What is objective fact: Merciless Resolve has a higher base tooltip then Overload. Overload only gets a higher tooltip with the aid of Elegance.

Let alone crystal frag. The two skills are not even damage-numerically comparable. Even more so with the loss of empower.

Let's talk real statistics now, as I would know what an actual frag tooltip looks like, and how to achieve it.

Ex: 1

cExi0IA.jpg

bBKYez2.jpg

The critical point to take note of is magicka regen. This is Witchmothers and 3 gold regen glyphs. 58k magicka with an Inferno staff and a destruction ability slotted for 8% boosted damage on single-target abilities(crystal frag)

Now we are going to completely obliterate my already barely acceptable regen for openworld magsorc in an effort to overkill the tooltip value and stack as much spell damage as possible in combination with extreme magic pool mathemetically possible with available traits, set lines, and mundus stone while still keeping witchmothers to scrape as much sustain as possible.

f4bnLAj.jpg

ldpfAHB.jpg

19k frag tooltip on a fire destro build with an utterly objectively unsustainable 1,300 magic regen. In order to possibly sustain this for longer then a minute, you would need to not be taking damage, so no need to cast any defensive skills I.e: a target dummy.

But lets get a 20k tooltip, with no frag proc, buffed.

AZqokfB.jpg

L5lHYZj.jpg

To achieve that, I had to reach 63,000 magicka and 3.1k spell dmg with all spell dmg glyphs and equipping my Nirn DW swords that I may as well decon as DW sorc burst has been nailed into a coffin and buried.

Don't even ask about 800 regen lol. Even with elemental drain on a target dummy you will run dry in under 20 seconds, assuming these exact stats are somehow replicated with a destro staff.

But if somehow that number you suggested is not fabricated, I would love to see it in action. I yearn for nothing more then for Magsorc to return to greatness. Please, please prove me wrong. I need hope.

Max magicka builds have low damage compared to builds with more evenly distributed stats because you encounter extremely strong diminishing returns on tooltip damage obtained from max magicka as you get to higher amounts. To illustrate, last patch I ran dual wield Shackle + Spinner with 45k magicka. My buddy Explanicide ran a 59k max magicka build. My buffed but unprocced frag tooltip was not quite 500 damage less than his despite me wearing Spinner and him having 19 thousand more magicka than me -- and I did not use Inner Light or Bound Aegis. I hit harder on target. Explanicide is not quite to the CP cap, but I adjusted mine to compensate for that while we were comparing damage output.

The build I'm referencing this patch is a spell damage fire staff build with 42k magicka and 4764 spell damage. The sets are Spellweave + 2 Kena + Spinner with mage mundus and 3 damage glyphs, and yes, it sustains in open world just fine even while proccing Kena back to back by using Witchmother's, Ele Drain, and Dark Conversion. It runs just over 1700 effective regen (counting Ele Drain as 600) plus Conversion when I need it.

Max magicka builds are not for damage. They're for shield size. Don't neglect your spell damage. I'm really excited to see what I can do with infused jewelry glyphs. I have not done any tested to see if they're worth using, though.

Edit: I'm going to add that I'm used to running around with 1100-1200 magicka regen on my sorc without Ele Drain. I don't use a spammable ability and use Conversion a lot. I'm also going to add that I recognize Spellweave and Kena together make for some super unreliable damage output, but the tooltip and build are there, are practical once you're used to the regen, and do hurt like ***. I've been playing my sorc all week Qaev. Sorc is back man, and the damage is unreal.

Interesting, in truth I underestimate just how much return Minor Magickasteal gives. I'm skeptical about this performing in open world, but the resource management and burst timing would be manageable in duel scenarios.

I'm not a fan of infused personally. I see it as being more useful for stam builds then mag builds.

I hesitate to give up the max magicka of arcane...but I want to prioritize damage. I've always been comfy with smaller shields, more shield spam and streaking around than big bubbles. Lots of roll dodging too. I use well-fitted.

And I build and play for open world. The build sustains fine as long as you don't spam too much aside from when you're aiming to kill. The real issue with it is damage consistency. Spellweave uptime is miserably low, resulting in annoying moments waiting for it to proc. I see myself favoring Julianos or Shackle in the long run.

Your build is probably not viable.

So you have 1100 mag regen + elemental drain it's less than 1700 magicka recovery IN FIGHT. When you are not able to proc elemental drain (extreme pressure, LoS, when you streak away) you have 1100 mag recovery, and this is just FAR too low for sustaining a sorc.

You think you can sustain your sorc based on "I kill the ennemy before I'm OOM". It only work vs huge potatoes, each time you will face good player they will put you OOM, and when you will face a group of decent player, you will not be able to manage your ressources for streak away, spam shield, and even less for having the time to cast dark conversion.

Not even speaking about your magicka managment, but how about your stamina one ?

How much stamina have you ? 10k or 14k ?
    How much stamina recovery have you ? Not enough, without shackle or stamina sustain glyph, you will not have enough stamina sustain to survive CC + dark deal + roll dodge.
  • Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

I don't know about the frag reference. I have a 20.5 buffed but unprocced frag tooltip right now on my sorc...and that's up more frequently than will.

<3 deleting people with will. Learn to anticipate it, then block or dodge or cc the nightblade. Will has extremely obvious telegraphs which you can learn to work around. The nightblade's entire tempo will revolve around lining one of those up in a combo.

Strawman argument. No sorc build with enough sustain to actually last in pvp will have that kind of tooltip.

What is objective fact: Merciless Resolve has a higher base tooltip then Overload. Overload only gets a higher tooltip with the aid of Elegance.

Let alone crystal frag. The two skills are not even damage-numerically comparable. Even more so with the loss of empower.

Let's talk real statistics now, as I would know what an actual frag tooltip looks like, and how to achieve it.

Ex: 1

cExi0IA.jpg

bBKYez2.jpg

The critical point to take note of is magicka regen. This is Witchmothers and 3 gold regen glyphs. 58k magicka with an Inferno staff and a destruction ability slotted for 8% boosted damage on single-target abilities(crystal frag)

Now we are going to completely obliterate my already barely acceptable regen for openworld magsorc in an effort to overkill the tooltip value and stack as much spell damage as possible in combination with extreme magic pool mathemetically possible with available traits, set lines, and mundus stone while still keeping witchmothers to scrape as much sustain as possible.

f4bnLAj.jpg

ldpfAHB.jpg

19k frag tooltip on a fire destro build with an utterly objectively unsustainable 1,300 magic regen. In order to possibly sustain this for longer then a minute, you would need to not be taking damage, so no need to cast any defensive skills I.e: a target dummy.

But lets get a 20k tooltip, with no frag proc, buffed.

AZqokfB.jpg

L5lHYZj.jpg

To achieve that, I had to reach 63,000 magicka and 3.1k spell dmg with all spell dmg glyphs and equipping my Nirn DW swords that I may as well decon as DW sorc burst has been nailed into a coffin and buried.

Don't even ask about 800 regen lol. Even with elemental drain on a target dummy you will run dry in under 20 seconds, assuming these exact stats are somehow replicated with a destro staff.

But if somehow that number you suggested is not fabricated, I would love to see it in action. I yearn for nothing more then for Magsorc to return to greatness. Please, please prove me wrong. I need hope.

Max magicka builds have low damage compared to builds with more evenly distributed stats because you encounter extremely strong diminishing returns on tooltip damage obtained from max magicka as you get to higher amounts. To illustrate, last patch I ran dual wield Shackle + Spinner with 45k magicka. My buddy Explanicide ran a 59k max magicka build. My buffed but unprocced frag tooltip was not quite 500 damage less than his despite me wearing Spinner and him having 19 thousand more magicka than me -- and I did not use Inner Light or Bound Aegis. I hit harder on target. Explanicide is not quite to the CP cap, but I adjusted mine to compensate for that while we were comparing damage output.

The build I'm referencing this patch is a spell damage fire staff build with 42k magicka and 4764 spell damage. The sets are Spellweave + 2 Kena + Spinner with mage mundus and 3 damage glyphs, and yes, it sustains in open world just fine even while proccing Kena back to back by using Witchmother's, Ele Drain, and Dark Conversion. It runs just over 1700 effective regen (counting Ele Drain as 600) plus Conversion when I need it.

Max magicka builds are not for damage. They're for shield size. Don't neglect your spell damage. I'm really excited to see what I can do with infused jewelry glyphs. I have not done any tested to see if they're worth using, though.

Edit: I'm going to add that I'm used to running around with 1100-1200 magicka regen on my sorc without Ele Drain. I don't use a spammable ability and use Conversion a lot. I'm also going to add that I recognize Spellweave and Kena together make for some super unreliable damage output, but the tooltip and build are there, are practical once you're used to the regen, and do hurt like ***. I've been playing my sorc all week Qaev. Sorc is back man, and the damage is unreal.

Interesting, in truth I underestimate just how much return Minor Magickasteal gives. I'm skeptical about this performing in open world, but the resource management and burst timing would be manageable in duel scenarios.

I'm not a fan of infused personally. I see it as being more useful for stam builds then mag builds.

I hesitate to give up the max magicka of arcane...but I want to prioritize damage. I've always been comfy with smaller shields, more shield spam and streaking around than big bubbles. Lots of roll dodging too. I use well-fitted.

And I build and play for open world. The build sustains fine as long as you don't spam too much aside from when you're aiming to kill. The real issue with it is damage consistency. Spellweave uptime is miserably low, resulting in annoying moments waiting for it to proc. I see myself favoring Julianos or Shackle in the long run.

Your build is probably not viable.

*grabs popcorn*
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
  • terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭
    yea cause when i get 3 hit by magsorcs when i have even impregnable armor equipped and blocking all the time and dodge rolling (healing also active) is totally fine...