The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Constant disconnects or check your internet connection

Seklor
Seklor
Soul Shriven
Hi Tech Support team, for the last week or so I've been getting either a disconnect from the game shortly after logging in or the message check your internet connection.

Nothing has changed from my end, no AV updates, no windows updates, nothing.

I either get into the game for about 20-30 seconds then it disconnects and chucks me out or I get to the character load page, choose a toon and then log in only to get the check your internet connection error.

No other issues with any other online games I play, am playing world of tanks currently while I write this....

I've done a repair of the game, checked my display drivers are at current patch/version levels. Nothing to change AV settings wise as like I said up to about a week ago have been playing the game fine.

Any help from tech support folks would be appreciated :)
  • Seklor
    Seklor
    Soul Shriven
    oh and forgot to add, I don't use any add-ons, never have.
    Edited by Seklor on April 30, 2018 12:57PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Seklor

If you are getting disconnected or receiving an error stating "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection" when trying to log into The Elder Scrolls Online, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

Check Service Alerts

Verify the servers are not undergoing scheduled maintenance here.

Power cycle and then test your network

If playing on console, you can reset your machine's IP by performing a hard reset. To do so, hold down the power button on the console itself and allow it to completely shut down. Once complete, turn off your modem or router as well and wait 10 minutes before turning all of your devices back on.

If playing on PC/Mac, you should also try turning off your modem or router for 10 minutes before rebooting.

Forward the game ports

To best access The Elder Scrolls Online you should configure you routers to open the following outbound ports:

All Platforms

TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    TCP Port 80
    TCP Port 433

Check for updates

You should also ensure that the ESO Launcher has downloaded and installed all available updates before logging back in. If on console, we also recommend completely closing out the game and allowing the system to check for game updates before restarting the game itself.

Give ESO and Steam access to Mac

If playing ESO on Mac, you should ensure that both Steam and ESO have access to your machine by navigating to the Security & Privacy menu, selecting Privacy, then clicking on Accessibility and adding them to the list.

Reset the ProgramData folder

If playing on PC, you can also try resetting the ProgramData folder:
    1. Close both ESO and the ESO Launcher.
    2. Open the game's installation directory.
    3. Open the folder named Launcher.
    4. Inside the "Launcher" folder, there is a folder named "ProgramData".
    5. Rename the "ProgramData" folder to "ProgramDataBackup".
    6. Open the launcher and download update.
    7. Click Play.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Seklor
    Seklor
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_BillE

Up to a week ago the game was working perfectly fine so don't believe I need to set up outbound port rules on the modem. Never have for any other online game that I play/have played so why should EOS be any different?

I have reset the program folder - no difference

I turned modem off for 15 minutes this morning. After that I was able to play for about 10 minutes before being chucked out of the game. Noticed it took at least 20 seconds after pressing H to mount for the mount to actually appear. Running would run for like 2 seconds then go back to walking. I had 6 unread mail messages so opening mail just presented a black screen. I went to talk to a quest giver and then nothing and dumped out of game....

PC user so have checked the status for updates etc and nothing new broadcast for PC users as of April 30.

What to try next please?

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Seklor

Considering that power-cycling your router and clearing the program data folder have not helped, you should go ahead and get a ticket started with our customer support team. When contacting them, please include a game consultant report which will help with investigating your connection issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kuroishin
    Kuroishin
    Soul Shriven
    Seklor wrote: »
    Hi Tech Support team, for the last week or so I've been getting either a disconnect from the game shortly after logging in or the message check your internet connection.

Nothing has changed from my end, no AV updates, no windows updates, nothing.

I either get into the game for about 20-30 seconds then it disconnects and chucks me out or I get to the character load page, choose a toon and then log in only to get the check your internet connection error.

No other issues with any other online games I play, am playing world of tanks currently while I write this....

I've done a repair of the game, checked my display drivers are at current patch/version levels. Nothing to change AV settings wise as like I said up to about a week ago have been playing the game fine.

Any help from tech support folks would be appreciated :)

Hi, I'm having the same issue.

I was even stuck a few days in a quest because I was being kicked to the login screen everytime, so I had to restart it often. Even in world map, I can play for a few minutes before getting disconnected again.

Tried to repair, port forwarding, reset TCP stack, change DNS servers, disable AV, turn off/on my modem....it also started about a week ago, before that everything was fine.
  • DeaconFrost
    DeaconFrost
    ✭✭
    I was fine until today as well. Annoyingly persistent issue where I try to port to a new area via wayshrine and the loading screen sticks then boots me back to the login screen.

FIX THIS grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same for me since dragon bones patch
  • TheAncient
    TheAncient
    Soul Shriven
    I've been experiencing this for several weeks. I can't get writs done because I can't stay connected. I have been disconnected several times in the last hour alone. The game is becoming unplayable.