The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

You ready to pay more and lose access to forums?

Istoppucks
Istoppucks
✭✭✭✭
Its unbelievable some people support government regulations in video games. You are celebrating the same people who claim violence in video games causes violence? It wont stop at regulating loot boxes.

Way to go *golf clap* some are so desperate for attention and upvotes they blindly follow the bandwagon that will open the door for these government agencies to crack down on video games. If you think for a second they will stop at "gambling " you are sadly mistaken. Get those desperately needed upvotes now because you guys are opening Pandora's box with your fake rage.

You know in the end this could be a good thing i guess. Those who can afford to pay double the price for games once this revenue stream is removed and developers have no choice but raise the price will be free to enjoy games without the vocal minority . Since f2p wont be a thing the vocal minority will no longer be able to flood forums with their desperate attention bandwagon talking points

We will no longer be forced to hear the doom and gloom , crying and complaining from the vocal minority. It could be a gaming Renaissance!
Edited by Istoppucks on April 25, 2018 3:43PM

You ready to pay more and lose access to forums? 4 votes

Yes, gaming will be better without the vocal minority spamming forums.
50%
Sincero580b14_ESOCharliff1966 2 votes
Yes, I will pay more to avoid the daily doom and gloom
0%
Yes, but i dont think it will stop the vocal minority
0%
No, I will go to unofficial forums to continue my search for upvotes
50%
JobooAGSTritine 2 votes
No, I will find a new hobby.
0%
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    Unrealistic panic much?
  • drake88131
    drake88131
    ✭✭✭
    What are you even talking about?
  • Istoppucks
    Istoppucks
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unrealistic panic much?

Not at all.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is all over the place. Any chance you clarify what this thread is about?

Government regulating the gaming industry?
    People on forums saying things to gain insightful/agree/awesome votes?
    Crown crates?
    Removal of crown crates resulting in increased cost to play ESO?

Am I on track?
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Soul_Marrow
    Soul_Marrow
    ✭✭✭
    Unrealistic panic much?
    Istoppucks wrote: »
    Unrealistic panic much?

Not at all.

I hate to break it to you, but the gaming industry have made these games for a long, long time now. It never required paying double and it never will. The only way that will happen is if one brave company attempts it and gets away with it...hence F2P models. You are being hysterical over nothing. [Edited to remove bait]. We will survive.

The true irony in your statement is that if you are talking about scam crates, you are actually defending a newer practice that essentially did exactly what you are concerned about happening. It took a working business model, gutted games and sold them as pieces of their former selves. Then, in the end, you paid several times more if you wanted all of the content because you had to purchase what once came as a complete package in little bits and pieces. This of it like this: you go to McD's and buy a burger for 4 dollars and you get a burger with all of the condiments and packaging that you would expect vs you go to McD's and buy a burger for 4 dollars and it comes plain and without a bun...then you have to buy the bun, the condiments, the bag to carry it in, etc.

No matter what silly myths you've heard about these things helping a developer stay afloat, simple math and common sense say otherwise. It's pure profit and that is what a business is after. If you have to get fed a line of trash in order to protect said profit, so be it. Hysteria doesn't change facts.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on April 25, 2018 3:45PM
  • Istoppucks
    Istoppucks
    ✭✭✭✭
    drake88131 wrote: »
    What are you even talking about?

All these people running to every government to demanding action against loot boxes.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huh
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, since this thread has derailed rather quickly and is not focused on ESO, we have decided to close the thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.