The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Eso contentiously crashes - Help

Brantleyx
Brantleyx
✭✭
I cleared out a lot of background apps on my computer this morning via task manager and now my eso is crashing left and right. Mostly after I logout to character switch. This is the prompt thats coming up: 3oepcskrdura.png

Any clue on what I could have ended in task manager for this to happen? Literally have never had this problem before.
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Brantleyx wrote: »
    I cleared out a lot of background apps on my computer this morning via task manager and now my eso is crashing left and right. Mostly after I logout to character switch. This is the prompt thats coming up: 3oepcskrdura.png

Any clue on what I could have ended in task manager for this to happen? Literally have never had this problem before.

I've seen this screen 3x today.
  • Brantleyx
    Brantleyx
    ✭✭
    Brantleyx wrote: »

I've seen this screen 3x today.

Did you do anything different today to make this start happening? Or is it just something that occurs?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Brantleyx

For random crashes in ESO, please try the troubleshooting in the article below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?

You can contact customer support to start a support ticket if the troubleshooting above does not help.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • BorgAce
    BorgAce
    Soul Shriven
    I have the exact same problem, it happens everyday and everytime i log out. I have contacted the support and we tried a thousand different things, no succes. I'll see how long a reply can be here and drop some of their suggestions here. Let me know if anything worked for you, as I said, I still couldnt fix it

To put a computer in Selective Startup mode, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start and type MSConfig in the search box.
    - After hitting [Enter] right click on the MSConfig.exe program and select Run as Administrator.

2. On the General tab at the top, click on Selective Startup.
    - Uncheck Load startup items.

3. Click on the Services tab and check the Hide all Microsoft services box.

4. Select the Disable all button at the bottom.
    - Click Apply followed by OK.

5. Restart your computer.
    When your computer boots up again, it will be in selective startup mode.

Try launching the game again, and see if you have different results. If everything works correctly, then one of the service or startup programs was causing the issue. To troubleshoot which program is the source of the difficulty, re-enable a few programs at a time and try running the game again.

Once you encounter difficulties, use the process of elimination to determine exactly which program is the source of the issue. As soon as you have determined which program seems to cause the issue, you should be able to close the program or end the process so that it does not affect your gameplay.

When you have finished this troubleshooting, be sure to turn selective startup off. This is done by opening the MSConfig window again and selecting Normal startup. Click Apply, then click OK, and then restart the computer.

Additionally, you may have some success by lowering the graphical settings in-game. From your login, select Settings > Video. Lower the view distance, lower the resolution, and turn anti-aliasing 'Off'.

Finally, I would like you to refresh your DNS settings to make sure that you are maintaining a consistent and strong connection to the server. To flush your DNS:
    1. Open the Command Prompt. To do so, open your Windows taskbar or search bar and type "cmd".
    2. Double-click the cmd icon.
    3. You should now see this command window:
    o
    4. Enter "ipconfig /flushdns" (without the quotes). Hit [Enter] and you should see a success message. Close out the command prompt window by typing "exit" and then hitting [Enter].
    Once complete, you will need to fully power cycle your network:
    1. Turn off the router by unplugging it. If you have a modem and router in one device, turn it off and proceed to step 3.
    2. Turn off the DSL or cable modem for three minutes.
    o Note: Some modems are equipped with a backup battery. If your modem has one, please remove the backup battery to completely turn off your modem.
    3. Turn off all computers attached to your network.
    4. Turn on the DSL or cable modem first and let it boot. Let it complete its connection to your ISP before proceeding to the next step. If you have a modem and router in one device, proceed to step 6 after it connects to your ISP.
    5. Once the modem completes the connection to your ISP, plug in the router. Let it complete its power on test before proceeding to the next step
    6. Restart your computer(s).
    Hopefully, at this point you are back to the adventure! However, if you are still running into the error we have some more advanced options available. If you need further assistance, please be sure to include an MSInfo file attached to your reply.

How to run MSinfo32 on Windows 7, 8, and 10:
    • Press Windows Key + R
    • Type msinfo32 in the Search box, and click OK
    • While viewing the System Summary node, go to File and select Export