The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Steam Linking and issues... (180328-002709) - Hayalp... (In the voice of Penelope Pitstop...)

yreawlb16_ESO
yreawlb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
Sooo... Bought the original game (Digital Imperial Edition) on lunch outside steam took an extended break for "reasons" but recently decided to take another dive in.

Since I use steam heavily now and it was a steam advert for Summerset that caught my eye I installed ESO through steam and linked my accounts.
Pretty quickly I was hooked again so I tried to buy Summerset through steam, that failed (I do now know why not a huge issue) but I was able to buy from the main ESO site. So I Bought Morrowind, then bought Summerset. (Yea I know I probably got that wrong but it's all good though) Played the game for a few days, loved it and was just today about to get ESO Plus again for a month or so when boom

Went to launch the game through steam today, and I'm getting "your licence has expired"
Opened the steam client, to be faced with the option to Buy the game (but I already spent over £100.00 on the game not including ESO Plus time)

A Ticket has been raised, (180328-002709) however I'm wondering if anyone else out there had the same issue and just hasn't posted yet..?

I am on another machine downloading the game outside steam, but since my internet connection is a bit slow that's got an ETA of 2 days 13 hours (It will probably be less in the end but not by much.)

• yreawlb16_ESO
    yreawlb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Would be prety usefull to get an answer on this, or a reply to the ticket... anyone?
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I just want to clarify what your problem is before I try and help.

Did you purchase any of the ESO titles through Steam, or did you purchase them all through the ESO website?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @yreawlb16_ESO

We've just sent you a PM with information on your ticket #180328-002709.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • yreawlb16_ESO
    yreawlb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So the response (after 2 days) is " we will respond in 24 hours (that's a total of 3 days) Given that Game is "still" downloading, guess I missed the jester event oh well...

Not disposed to start forking out cash again if the support is this slow...

I wonder, would there even have been a response If I hadn't posted here?

Oh, and I am aware of exactly what the issue is, and exactly how it could be fixed, but I have no doubt Valve and Zenimaz won't go that route..

All you have to do is make available to anyone who purchased the game but not through steam, at the time they link the account to a steam account, a steam key is injected into the Zenimax ESO account.. - and yes this is technically possible, just a pain in the arse for Valve to code.
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    So the response (after 2 days) is " we will respond in 24 hours (that's a total of 3 days) Given that Game is "still" downloading, guess I missed the jester event oh well...

Not disposed to start forking out cash again if the support is this slow...

I wonder, would there even have been a response If I hadn't posted here?

Oh, and I am aware of exactly what the issue is, and exactly how it could be fixed, but I have no doubt Valve and Zenimaz won't go that route..

All you have to do is make available to anyone who purchased the game but not through steam, at the time they link the account to a steam account, a steam key is injected into the Zenimax ESO account.. - and yes this is technically possible, just a pain in the arse for Valve to code.

Yeah, that's what I thought it was. Unfortunately, in order to play through Steam you have to have purchased everything through Steam.

You also have to do everything else through Steam as well. Crown purchases, ESO+ management, etc.
  • yreawlb16_ESO
    yreawlb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So how then was I able to play through steam for 2 weeks?