Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where do I buy the upgrade? Does it matter?

Chuck_Finley
Chuck_Finley
✭✭✭
So I bought the Imperial version off Steam, then later bought crowns through Steam, then bought Morrowind as a physical disc from Amazon.

But my Steam version doesn't show that I own Morrowind, doesn't matter to me, I can still play it just fine. But if I buy Summerset off Steam will there be any issues syncing it to my account? Seeing as how they don't think I own Morrowind I'd hate to buy Summerset on Steam and then run into issues with Morrowind.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Chuck_Finley

If you are currently playing ESO through Steam, you will need to purchase the Summerset Digital Edition through Steam. Pre-purchasing a Digital Edition of ESO: Summerset will give immediate access to The Elder Scrolls Online base game, the Morrowind Chapter and the Nightmare Senche Mount as a pre-purchase bonus.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • marlonbrando
    marlonbrando
    ✭✭✭
    So, if I preorder a digital copy of Summerset from Amazon will I get the preorder swag at that time?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @marlonbrando

If you pre-purchase a digital copy of Summerset, Amazon should provide you with a key for the PC/Mac launch. You'll need to contact Amazon for when they would provide the key. You can then enter the key on your account to immediately receive the Nightmare Senche along with access to the base game and Morrowind. Other pre-purchase items will be provided at launch.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Chuck_Finley
    Chuck_Finley
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

So I bought the upgrade on Steam and now it isn't showing I own Summerset in game. Just gives me the option in the crown store to upgrade even though Steam now shows I bought and own Summerset and Morrowind now.
  • Chuck_Finley
    Chuck_Finley
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

I've also looked at my ESO account page and it doesn't show me as buying Summerset, however my Steam account page shows I bought it and has an invoice number. Is there a delay between Steam and my ESO account syncing now? When I bought Crowns in the past through Steam I got them right away so I assumed the same would be true of the next chapter.
  • Chuck_Finley
    Chuck_Finley
    ✭✭✭
    So after logging in and out and googling the issue after about an hour steam prompted me in game to relink my account for some reason. In any event I think that solved the issue since i got the pre-purchase mount, my ESO account page still shows I don't own Summerset but since I have the mount I guess something in my account says that I own it.