The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Maintenance & NA Character Copy - 3/15

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

Tomorrow, March 15 at 11am EDT, we'll be bringing the PTS offline for maintenance and to do a PC/Mac North American character copy. Downtime should be a few hours.

No new patch tomorrow, sorry! Just regular maintenance and a character copy to swap everything from EU to NA.
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on March 14, 2018 8:22PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Royal456
    Royal456
    ✭✭
    Sorry I have to ask, way want you swap everything from EU to NA?
    Edited by Royal456 on March 14, 2018 7:21PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't that be 3/15 not 4/15?
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

April Fool's!
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    technohic wrote: »

...I don't know what you're talking about

>.>
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does this mean, the PTS gets prepared for an upcoming (Chapter) testing? B)

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royal456 wrote: »
    Sorry I have to ask, way want you swap everything from EU to NA?

this clears and resets PTS of all progress since last done. Probably to pave the way for the next items to test or to remove items they no longer want tests or feedback on.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also a few events/public shows are coming up. They probably want to prepare the PTS for playtesting while at the events.

(And also to pave the way for Chapter testing wooo! :P )
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We received feedback from PC NA players that they'd like to have their characters available on the PTS for testing purposes. Previously, we just kept the EU character copy until the next major PTS testing cycle. Now, we try to swap between the two periodically.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still looking forward to the day when we can have EU and NA chars at the same time on PTS. ;)
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We received feedback from PC NA players that they'd like to have their characters available on the PTS for testing purposes. Previously, we just kept the EU character copy until the next major PTS testing cycle. Now, we try to swap between the two periodically.

Thank you. It also allows us to generate content for the community much easier.... Till the templates unlock everything anyway.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something coming ....

VPffJLd.gif

?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • crazmadsci
    crazmadsci
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno this is absolutely making my day! Thank you so so much!
    twitch streamer crazmadsci, Guildmaster Ethereal Army, Guide Writer: Travelers Guide to Tamriel.
  • Bighanson
    Bighanson
    ✭✭
    No new patch tomorrow, sorry!

but SOOOON i hope :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice

seems ZOS is preparing for something
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭

I actually came here yesterday to request this. Nice suprise
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    nice

On the contrary. I think this indicates that ZOS have nothing better to do with PTS for the next few weeks other than let PC NA players goof around with copies of their characters.

I expect all the Outfit stations will be surrounded by a crowd of people when the PTS comes back on line. Hope you all have fun dressing up :)
    PC EU
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Rest in piece my 32 created templates
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

I lose mine every time too, but I highly prefer the copy after a week or so.
    Edited by Own on March 15, 2018 2:35PM
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Is there a time frame on this NA copy? I do have some crafting data I want to finish up and wonder how long this copy will last. Are you going to give EU a few more shots before next full testing patch?
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure how you have things setup on the server but I assume account names are unique and the problem is with character names. If it is maybe you could add eu/na to the names as a suffix. Also in another game I have played players could push character copies to the test server. This was limited to one copy per week but it was helpful.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Is there a time frame on this NA copy? I do have some crafting data I want to finish up and wonder how long this copy will last. Are you going to give EU a few more shots before next full testing patch?

Wow, really?

I like all my EU friends ... but you've had your character copies since the end of January.

If you can't get all your testing done in nearly two months I don't really know what to say.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    nice

Don't want to rain on your parade, @Morgul667, but the next patch may very well be a closed Beta instead of open PTS testing ... if we are to follow the Morrowind precedent from last year.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on March 17, 2018 2:47AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beware the Ides of March!
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭

Wow, really?

I like all my EU friends ... but you've had your character copies since the end of January.

If you can't get all your testing done in nearly two months I don't really know what to say.

I was fine with the way it was, everyone even replied that it wouldn't change. I had just spent a day getting all the right characters started and a few templates worth of materials. It was going to take several runs on different character levels to test some new data questions since the patch went live on EU.

I came back to start and my NA were back.
    Edited by SpAEkus on March 17, 2018 3:09AM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be really nice if characters created on PTS persisted between NA/EU switches.

For those of us (of which there are very few I'm sure) who play on console but test on PTS, it's a real pain every time the NA/EU switch happens because I have to recreate all of the template characters I've been testing with.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't want to rain on your parade, @Morgul667, but the next patch may very well be a closed Beta instead of open PTS testing ... if we are to follow the Morrowind precedent from last year.

Weren't the base game updates still testable by the general public last time? Just none of the Morrowind-specific stuff, like Vvardenfell or Battle Grounds?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Weren't the base game updates still testable by the general public last time? Just none of the Morrowind-specific stuff, like Vvardenfell or Battle Grounds?

Yeah we'll see :)