The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Disconnects and Crashes in Cyrodiil

Lyrander
Lyrander
✭✭✭
Hello,

i am seriously frustrated and sad right now. I just started playing again. And its worse than ever in cyrodiil.

Maybe there are other players out there that fixed some of these problems?

This is what happens to me in cyrodiil:

-while server is at 40% pop, group of 5 players fight against a group of 5 players: freeze and crash to login

-while server is at 40% pop, i am inside a keep while it gets flipped: freeze and crash to login

-while server is full, i stand in the base camp looking at my inventory or do nothing at all: freeze and crash to login

Before i freeze the ping goes into the sky (often 5000+) while my FPS stays constantly at 70-99

What have i done to solve this so far:

-updated my soft- and hardware (there is nothing left to update)
-forwarded those ports the support is recommending
-turned down all graphic heavy stuff like shadow, texture, particle, grass, and so on

Why i am looking for help at the forum:

I used to play this game on epic - lagfree. What happend?
I cant get any AP for any keep fights cause i always crash. every ficking time.

• Lyrander
    Lyrander
    ✭✭✭
    i moved to an empty server (name is Shor i think).

Its okay there - but even there i crashed in a 4 vs 4.

Its still only ESO - i do play other games online - also with many players in pvp together and have no problems whatsoever in any of those games.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I had the same. It is the reason i don't bother to login anymore. I hope it will be fixed someday. For me it happenes if i come near a keep where a large group of enemies is in, or when the enemy group is nearing the keep i am trying to defend. Or just general, when a large zerg is approaching me.
    I really love the PvP, but lag, crash, loading_screen sucked out my last enjoyment. Currently i just play other games if i have time and just hope the next patch will fix everything.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Lyrander

As none of the troubleshooting you've done has helped with your freezes in Cyrodiil, you should contact customer support and start a ticket. Please make sure to include a game consultant report when doing so.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post