The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

(Video) glitching and flickering textures in Windhelm on some specific buildings

Elderpatriot
Elderpatriot
✭✭✭
Hello everyone,

lately i have some problems with specific buildings in Windhelm, that look realy awefull. Anybody else here who experiences simelar flaws or is it just me?

I use a Nvidia-GPU GTX 970 and Windows 8.1 64-bit - drivers are up to date.

Thank you for your responses.

https://youtu.be/wQhQDb5vkO4

Edited by Elderpatriot on December 22, 2017 4:53PM
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was going to make this thread, but might as well just agree. I repaired the game through the launcher and deleted my shader cache. It didn't solve the issue. Can't believe this isn't fixed.
    Edited by Bryanonymous on December 24, 2017 1:36PM
  • Elderpatriot
    Elderpatriot
    ✭✭✭
    So you got exactly the same buildings causing those problems as me. Dont think its a faulty GPU then. Seems to be something wrong with those models,. I tested it aswell in standard settings by default - no change at all.

Graphicglitches can happen and may be they are not the top priority on the to-do-list of zenimax for patches. But unfortunately this is a house-sized-flaw in the optics that fills almost half of the screen. Zenimax should really consider to get rid of that, it only leaves a bad impression of the game for newcomers.
    Edited by Elderpatriot on December 24, 2017 1:04PM
  • Hersheyballer
    Hersheyballer
    Soul Shriven
    Yea, I noticed that when I was doing the mudball achievement. I think there's a leader in that building you need to throw a mudball.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, been going on for at least a few months, not sure about prior to that
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • digitalprowlerb14_ESO
    it's gotten worse, i had that since i came back to game, but now just recently within the past couple of days i've been getting insane texture bugs, have repaired, made sure drivers up to date, all the tricks, even tested 5 other games, no issues i could find in those. here is what mine looks like and it's littered all over the place on random objects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMY8GSbSEug
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any building burnt or snowy under certain lighting conditions (Xbox One)
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS