The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

paid $32 after tax for 60 days pre-paid +3k crowns from gamestop.com, cannot use

Twenty0zTsunami
Twenty0zTsunami
✭✭✭✭
title says it all. am I out $30 or is there something that can be done by the accounts/billing customer support??

Ive been trying to find the means to get help, but the support page just directs me to some stupid ass wiki when I select "can't redeem code" option.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Can either of you help this person since he is having issues creating a support ticket? Thanks
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    title says it all. am I out $30 or is there something that can be done by the accounts/billing customer support??

Ive been trying to find the means to get help, but the support page just directs me to some stupid ass wiki when I select "can't redeem code" option.

No idea how it works in the US, but here in the UK your first port of call is with the retailer if something is faulty or doesn't work. ZoS wouldn't be liable in any way unless it was an issue at their end. Take it back to the retailer and say it doesn't redeem
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logically you should contact Gamestop customer support.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I dont know whats wrong with the support site but it just keeps directing me to the forums, telling me I should sign in-- andI'm already signed in.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

prepaid codes are universally non-refundable. There is no problem with gamestop. They fulfilled their part of the bargain. They provided me witha 60 day/3k crown prepaid code. It's ZOS backwards practices that are causing the problem. If you don't have anything useful to say...
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 22, 2018 1:34PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

prepaid codes are universally non-refundable. There is no problem with gamestop. They fulfilled their part of the bargain. They provided me witha 60 day/3k crown prepaid code. It's ZOS backwards practices that are causing the problem. If you don't have anything useful to say...

Nope. It's gamestop's.
    Timecards are only provided by 3rd party resellers (most of them unauthorized) and it's well known that they don't work with Steam (since Steam wants people to buy their own eso+ subs).
    "Universally refundable or not" , if Gamestop did not mention the non-compatibility with Steam, they're at fault. If they did, it's your fault.
    But ZOS is NEVER going to refund you for something that you haven't purchased through ZOS, and they're not going to infringe their agreements with Steam for your sake either.

Use your brains instead of insulting people. If you were such a "know-it-all" you wouldn't be here asking for help.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

Nope. It's gamestop's.
    Timecards are only provided by 3rd party resellers (most of them unauthorized) and it's well known that they don't work with Steam (since Steam wants people to buy their own eso+ subs).
    "Universally refundable or not" , if Gamestop did not mention the non-compatibility with Steam, they're at fault. If they did, it's your fault.
    But ZOS is NEVER going to refund you for something that you haven't purchased through ZOS, and they're not going to infringe their agreements with Steam for your sake either.

Use your brains instead of insulting people. If you were such a "know-it-all" you wouldn't be here asking for help.

im not asking for a refund, bozo. I just want my 60 days + 3k crowns.

And excuse me but you're the one implying my intelligence is lacking. I scoured the Gamestop site-- no mention of it. And why should they? An ESO account should simply be an ESO account. I cant think of any other game which operates under such needlessly convoluted conditions..

And simply put ZOS implementation of account management up to and including + being tied strictly to my steam ID (example: I can log into ESO without steam, but I dont get my + perks) is indefensible and completely backwards.
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 22, 2018 1:43PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twenty0zTsunami, you say the support page keeps redirecting you to the forums?

Are you using this page: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com then clicking "Additional Support" at the bottom of the page? This should take you to the screen where you can log in with your game ID and choose your platform. If that doesn't work you can always try sending a ticket from within the game.

If you do get hold of support you could always see if they're willing to take your receipt and card code as proof of purchase and manually add the game time/crowns to your account. I know they can give time but I don't know if they would take those purchase conditions.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Are you using this page: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com then clicking "Additional Support" at the bottom of the page? This should take you to the screen where you can log in with your game ID and choose your platform. If that doesn't work you can always try sending a ticket from within the game.

If you do get hold of support you could always see if they're willing to take your receipt and card code as proof of purchase and manually add the game time/crowns to your account. I know they can give time but I don't know if they would take those purchase conditions.

yes I clicked additional support. Then it just ran me back through the categories etc, but it always just ends up telling me to ask the community or check the fextralife wiki.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found that chrome is the problem. For some reason the site simply will not recognize me as logged in to the support side of the site.

That being said I will not be deleting or editing the post as I don't feel like waiting a week for resolution through email contact.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im not asking for a refund, bozo. I just want my 60 days + 3k crowns.

Sometimes you need to accept workarounds. @Turelus ' suggestion to resell the card to a non-Steam guildie is probably the only way for your to get your money back and buy the stuff from Steam. You can't always get what you want.
    And excuse me but you're the one implying my intelligence is lacking.

Yes. And your overall attitude while asking for help is not very clever either, in my humble opinion.
    I scoured the Gamestop site-- no mention of it. And why should they? An ESO account should simply be an ESO account. I cant think of any other game which operates under such needlessly convoluted conditions..

You may have an opinion about this (I also think the Steam-ESO binding is entrapment) but it's not up to you nor to Gamestop to decide how ZOS should manage accounts.
    The thing is, you bought a product from GameStop that was advertised to work under any circumstances but doesn't work under your circumstances, so that's up to GameStop to refund you. Else sell it to a non-Steam guildie and look for other subscription options.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

yes I clicked additional support. Then it just ran me back through the categories etc, but it always just ends up telling me to ask the community or check the fextralife wiki.
    Weird. Checking mine and the log-in page took a couple of tries and I had to disable AdBlock.

I logged in via the top banner rather than the "Choose Platform" page after Addition Help, then I clicked Additional Help > Steam > Billing > Can't Redeem Code > Next.

This took me to the ticket submission page. Try this and see if it works for you, if not then you might be able to submit a ticket within the game.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    @Twenty0zTsunami Why do you instantly attack everyone who writes something in any thread you write?

Edited by Alcast on February 22, 2018 2:09PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have to submit a ticket in game, I've found that the Ask for Help option gets me a boilerplate email that if I respond to it I can usually get a hold of a real person who can help.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    I found that chrome is the problem. For some reason the site simply will not recognize me as logged in to the support side of the site.

That being said I will not be deleting or editing the post as I don't feel like waiting a week for resolution through email contact.

In order to submit a ticket you will need to log in to the support site here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/utils/login/
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    @Twenty0zTsunami Why do you instantly attack everyone who writes something in any thread you write?

lol why are you following my post history? And if you're going to follow it, do so a little more closely because you're dead wrong.I dont instantly attack anybody. Maybe your skin's just a little bit thin?
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 22, 2018 2:23PM
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @ZOS_RyanM, I only resorted to the forums becuase the exact method you mentioned wasnt working. Having a problem with the site recognizing me as logged in when I'm browsing through Chrome. Had to launch iexplore for the first time since installing chrome, and log in via the support page there.
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 22, 2018 2:19PM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daaaamn, what a rude person the OP is. Kinda amazing tbh o_O
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol why are you following my post history? And I dont instantly attack anybody. Maybe your skin's just a little bit thin?

Alcast's skin, THIN ? :D:pB)

(insert favourite ROFL meme here) :*

(sry Alcast, you know what I mean ;-) )
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 22, 2018 2:23PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol why are you following my post history? And I dont instantly attack anybody. Maybe your skin's just a little bit thin?

To be fair, he does get triggered pretty easy when he reads "this will be a buff if..." :trollface:
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

your input was neither needed nor appreciated in the other thread. Why do you persist? is your life truly so devoid of meaning that you had to come to this one too? :)
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 22, 2018 2:25PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    your input was neither needed nor appreciated in the other thread. Why do you persist? is your life truly so devoid of meaning that you had to come to this one too? :)

You happen to be pretty entertaining (from a certain point of view). Didn't you know that ? :)

• Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

You happen to be pretty entertaining (from a certain point of view). Didn't you know that ? :)

nice deflection
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit: im a little late
    Edited by magictucktuck on February 22, 2018 2:30PM
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get lost OP! your rudeness is not wanted on the forums.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nice deflection
    anitajoneb17 uses Dragon Wings, it's super deflective! (yeah I am REALLY bored).
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I see that the other thread has been closed, but there's actually been a productive discussion and help offered on this one. There's no need to drag the negativity and arguments from the other thread over here.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Situation rectified, thanks again for your time Ryan and those of you who actually offered constructive input. /kissthis to a select few of you.
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 22, 2018 2:46PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Situation rectified, thanks again for your time Ryan and those of you who actually offered constructive input. /kissthis to a select few of you.
    Glad to hear it was sorted. Also :kissing_heart: