The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Low Framerate and Long Loads

Redire
Redire
Soul Shriven
Hello,

My ESO so far has been running pretty terrible with really unstable frame rates. My frame rates shoot up to 60 and drop down as low as 25, it fluctuates a lot and just standing on one location can make it shoot up and down.

So far this really ruins the immersion for me as my frame rate is skyrocketing up and down and it just looks really choppy. The hardware on my PC is high end and should be a lot more stable than this, hoping I can get help with resolving this.

I have also gone ahead and taken advantage of many of the ESO optimization guides which has helped but still feels unsatisfactory.

So far the only thing that improves my frame rate is turning the draw distance down to 0 and the particle effects low as well, this does not make sense when I am playing games that are far more graphically demanding such as black desert with no frame rate issues at all.

Hopefully there is a fix that does not comprimise to much on graphical quality but solves the instability and what feels like memory leaks.

*Note this is with all mods disabled.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are experiencing an erratic framerate while playing ESO, please try the troubleshooting listed below.

Check graphics card drivers and settings

Download and install latest drivers for your graphics card:

NVIDIA
    AMD

In addition, you should ensure your video driver is selecting the correct GPU for ESO by opening either the NVIDIA Control Panel or AMD Catalyst Control Panel and ensuring that ESO64.exe is making use of your primary GPU.

Download Windows updates

Download and install the latest version of DirectX here.

Download and install the Visual C++ update here.

Change the game’s graphics settings

You can change the game's graphics settings by following the process below:
    1. From ESO’s log in screen, click SETTINGS.
    2. Select Video.
    3. Lower your View Distance (this is likely to have best performance improvement with the least visual impact).
    4. Change your Display Mode and lower the Resolution.
    5. Turn Anti-Aliasing off.
    6. Lower your Graphics Quality setting.
      • Note: If you are using a 32-bit client, we recommend you set your Graphics Quality settings to either medium or low.

Repair the game client

To repair the game client, open the ESO Launcher, click Game Options, and then select Repair.

PC_LAUNCHER_REPAIR.PNG

Remove any mods or add-ons

Turn off or remove all mods or add-ons you have installed.

If these steps don't offer any improvement, you can start a ticket with customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Redire
    Redire
    Soul Shriven
    Hello,

I am a pretty technical person so I have taken care of all those items you listed, the game still suffers from performance, turning the graphics down for particles and draw distance all the way down is the only thing that significantly helps.

This should not be the case with a 1080TI Video card and an i7 700 series in fact the game does not seem to perform any better than any of my older PC's such as the 780TI and the 980TI with older gen i7 700 series models.

Clearly, the game is very poorly optimized and suffers from memory leaks these are widespread issues the entire community have been talking about and troubleshooting.

My recommendation is you guys compile your community data and work on fixing it, it makes no sense when a game like Black Desert with such high fidelity graphics outperforms ESO in FPS.

Updating the game engine to support DX12 will probably help but something tells me this is a lot more work.

Here is what I had to do to improve the performance and it is still very unstable but at least the frame rate is maintained by Voltans adaptive video.

https://reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/4b93fl/fps_issue_i_cant_figure_out/d175dhx/

5jwUI7Q.png