The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Disappointed in content

• Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psycrow wrote: »
    Today i finaly bought ESO + membership because im using one of Alcast sorcere build.
    And i need the maelstrom staffs because he says its BIS. Atm im using julianos staffs.

So i mainly bought the eso membership to unlock the mealstrom arena...and i entered vet mode after i spend days reading guides and watching videos
    to see what i was in for.

And i got to 2 Arena final round where the 3 golems run around and these blades circle around with the lightning device in the middel...ITS A NIGHTMARE !
    I tryed everything to beat the final bosses, but i had no chance at getting em lower then 40-50 % before i died over and over..spend like 5 k on repair bills so far.

With food buffs i have allmost 20k hp and with other skill buffs i have like 3200 spellpower and 55 % crit
    I tryed with sommon pets and ward shields and lots of potions.
    My gear is all upgradet to yellow and i realy cant get any better stats atm.

So im gona say Thx for that huge fart in my face, and now i will unsub my eso +
    because it was the main reason i bought it for.

Maelstrom staff is out of reach..Game over..incert coin.

If you ask me, then there should be another way to get that staff, so that every player could feel happy for what they bought.
    Its a great thing to have hard content and give people competition, but this is ridicules...

I got to 2 arena and i dont even dare to think what awaits further on...and then there is a hge change i get a bow and a sword i cant use...GG
    This is no fair !

Hahhhaha I love vma QQ threads! Dude it took me 2 weeks to beat it the first time. ..when it first came out. I you put nothing into it you get nothing out of it.

Fortunately, once you beat it once it permanantly becomes easier. Alcast is terrible at dps builds, but is right. The damage it adds isn't worth it if you're already ready to quit at this point. Honestly backbar a resto staff so you can cast mutagen on yourself, it'll help loads. Also, alcast has some of the best vma guides out there, he breaks it down for you mob by mob and is very realistic about what to expect. Check out current cp red tree guides too.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed several posts that were baiting and non-constructive. We have also moved this thread to players helping players, since the OP seems to be looking for guidance. When someone is having trouble completing content lets try offering help instead of antagonizing them with comments on how they need to "learn to play". The forums are meant to be a welcoming atmosphere and comments like that tend to create a hostile environment.
    [edited for spelling]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on February 18, 2018 2:36PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_RyanM wrote: »
    We have removed several posts that were baiting and non-constructive. We have also moved this thread to players helping players, since the OP seems to be looking for guidance. When someone is having trouble completing content lets try offering help instead of antagonizing them with comments on how they need to "learn to play". The forums are meant to be a welcoming atmosphere and comments like that tend to create a hostile environment.

I couldn't help it....

To the op though, certain things in the game are meant to be hard like that. Keep at it, don't give up easily and just truck on.

As they say "Minimum requirement: Maximum effort"

Look for strategies to beat the arena, both with vids and written walkthroughs.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_RyanM wrote: »
    We have removed several posts that were baiting and non-constructive. We have also moved this thread to players helping players, since the OP seems to be looking for guidance. When someone is having trouble completing content lets try offering help instead of antagonizing them with comments on how they need to "learn to play". The forums are meant to be a welcoming atmosphere and comments like that tend to create a hostel environment.

@ZOS_RyanM You sir win the Internet for the day. If only folks would realize this, this game— actually. No. The entire world would be a much better place. And the world could always use more heroes. Lol. Okay. That was cheesy af. But, you get my point. :D
  • Psycrow
    Psycrow
    ✭✭
    Thx for the support RyanM

people allready helped alot..i got from stage 2 to 3 and returned to Maelstrom with positive energy :D haha
    Now im off to grind for ressources since im running low on everything here.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP, that's a nightmare for random players (such as me) and a single most annoying and stressful activity in entire game. Also all these vicious laughs from daedric beings in the arena... unbearable.
    The last reward, a single weapon is not worth the nerves, stress and time, especially if you find yourself not ready for that kind of damage. I tried multiple times and finally realised it's better to skip this content because my build can be great and effective also without maelstrom weapons. Playing game for over 2 years and maelstrom gears still out of reach and got used to it.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Shinshadow
    Shinshadow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wanna know what's not fair? Doing over 120 runs to finally get daggers for dual wield, and a bow ONLY for your dual wield weapons to be bugged to the point of being useless for almost 6 months *cough cough* @ZOS_GinaBruno can we PLEASE get this fixed?
  • Psycrow
    Psycrow
    ✭✭
    Yeah i think im gona stick with Julianos staffs...the stress and pain is not worth it. I wish there was a weekly quest line or something else that could make you get these weapons..just with a longer time range maybe so its fair for the players who farm this maaelstrom for 30 mins dayli.

• VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMA is also very ping dependant. It is a nightmare for those of us with high ping. I pull 30K DPS on target dummies with my own builds and not using VMA staff backbar. Don't use Alcasts builds. Everyone says he is BIS.. he isn't. He is a starting place like Deltia was 2 years ago, and offers good builds that can get you through 99.9% of content without much of an issue. Alcast also says to adjust his builds to your own requirements and not copy them word for word.

I am up to round 7.. unstable ping (320 average) makes this a nightmare so I've just walked away from it for a while and will come back later when I can be bothered. I prefer the 4pce Moondancer on both bars to be honest.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    No malestrom = healthy life

Not even once?
  • Psycrow
    Psycrow
    ✭✭
    So i should follow this Deltia rather than alcast ?
    What a head turner
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a head turner

There are more than two ESO players out there.
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    But Deltia's PvE builds are actually done by Gilliamtherogue and he is great at explaining everything in both written and video form.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • naga.
    naga.
    ✭✭✭
    What a head turner

You can follow whoever you wish. The great thing about ESO is that what is the best possible build depends on personal playstyle preferences. For example, from my perspective Jeckll was the guy to turn to when it came to DW/bow Stamblades. Unfortunately, he stopped playing the game after Morrowind. Regardless, I'm still using his build even though with him gone I need figure out myself what changes to make with each update.
  • Psycrow
    Psycrow
    ✭✭
    I guess there is now best build..iot all depends on play style and what you like, but people like me cant choose my self.
    I need other people to tell me what to build haha
  • Psycrow
    Psycrow
    ✭✭
    So this Delatia is fresh and new with his content and builds ?
    Can i rely on his build rather than alcast ?
  • Psycrow
    Psycrow
    ✭✭
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    whenthestudentisready-720x380.jpg
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today i finaly bought ESO + membership because im using one of Alcast sorcere build.
    And i need the maelstrom staffs because he says its BIS. Atm im using julianos staffs.

So i mainly bought the eso membership to unlock the mealstrom arena...and i entered vet mode after i spend days reading guides and watching videos
    to see what i was in for.

And i got to 2 Arena final round where the 3 golems run around and these blades circle around with the lightning device in the middel...ITS A NIGHTMARE !
    I tryed everything to beat the final bosses, but i had no chance at getting em lower then 40-50 % before i died over and over..spend like 5 k on repair bills so far.

With food buffs i have allmost 20k hp and with other skill buffs i have like 3200 spellpower and 55 % crit
    I tryed with sommon pets and ward shields and lots of potions.
    My gear is all upgradet to yellow and i realy cant get any better stats atm.

So im gona say Thx for that huge fart in my face, and now i will unsub my eso +
    because it was the main reason i bought it for.

Maelstrom staff is out of reach..Game over..incert coin.

If you ask me, then there should be another way to get that staff, so that every player could feel happy for what they bought.
    Its a great thing to have hard content and give people competition, but this is ridicules...

I got to 2 arena and i dont even dare to think what awaits further on...and then there is a hge change i get a bow and a sword i cant use...GG
    This is no fair !

Poor thing !
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my first and only completion that I have attempted so far, I found it far easier to complete VMA using only 1 bar and no spammable skills aside from a shield. It sounds like you are on a sorc. Try running power surge and boundless storm they both help out a lot.

My strategy was staying on my back bar with Wall of Elements, Liquid Lightning, Harness Magicka, Power Surge, and Boundless storm. With a lightning staff and using the lightning heavy attacks as a spammable attack. Doing it this way maintains resources and ensures that you will always have above 50% magicka, allowing you to spam harness magicka as much as possible. And there are a lot of magic projectiles coming at you, increasing your magicka return. The good thing about a sorc is as long as you have magicka, you can stay alive.

In some fights, those that are only single target or require interrupts, switching back to the front bar for crushing shock or mages wrath is necessary.
    Edited by jaws343 on February 19, 2018 7:22PM
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both Deltia's and Alcast's guildes were updated for the current patch. Try out what you finds interesting, and stay with the one which is working for you.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many players already quit or plan it due to vMA frustration. After my last attempts I'm now 2 days without eso when before I was online 7 days a week. Now playing Borderlands2 instead :p .

Speaking of reward, I'd be happy if we had 2 different guaranteed rewards from normal and veteran MA, similarly as with Asylum Sanctorium weapons.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you still working on your first clear?

I have a tip that will make things easier, if you care to hear: Get your CP to close to max, then work on your DPS (get it to 25-30k solo). Then modify your skill bars a bit so that most or all of your DPS is on your front bar, and slot a resto bar with Healing Ward on the back. This will make things so much easier. Then use the Joy_Division text guide, Late Night ESO text guide, and Alcast video guide (yes, all three), and you will succeed. It may take some time (at least 5-10 hours), but you will succeed. :)

easy.png
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's so much to do in this game, this is just one small part and isn't worth throwing your toys out the pram about. The staff is nice but not essential by any means.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• vanwilder
    vanwilder
    ✭✭
    Took me 6 months to beat vma and died like thousand times and not forgetting i got stuck in final boss and finally beat it after more than 12 hours and here u are whining that 2nd round boss and 5k repair cost so far LOL just LOL.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well for starters you could have simply bought the wrothgar zone on its own if you didn’t care about eso + benefits or any of the other dlc. That would have been cheape in the long run. Secondly vMA is one of the last remaining bits of content in this game that is genuinely challenging, it’s supposed to be punishing. It’s the only truly difficult solo content that requires you to know how to dps, heal, tank, and learn all the mechanics. You must know your rotation, your gear should be somewhere within range of BiS, and it’s going to take a while to learn. There are hundreds or thousands of posts just like yours so you shouldn’t know exactly what to expect. First time through can take two weeks or a month. If you have the drive and focus to learn how, you’ll beat it in time. But it’s not for everyone. Like I’ll probably never bother with flawless conquerer unless I just happen to get it because it doesn’t matter to me and I’m not so interested to put in the time. Although I wouldn’t say no to another vMA or a two person arena.
    Edited by Vapirko on February 21, 2018 12:05PM