The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gamepade / Mouse / keyboard - all stopped working

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So i was playing eso today for hours...went to the bathroom, came back, logged back in - gamepad wasn't working any more...hmmm weird, worked all day without problem - used mouse / keyboard to check - gamepad mode still on, okay, relogged..still not working, restarted the game, still not working...thought ok, let's try restarting the pc...now my bluetooth keyboard and mouse aren't working reacting either anymore...can't control the pc... though okay, bluetooth issue it seems - let's get my emergency-cable mouse that i have for the purposes - plug it into usb - it isn't working either...tried other usb ports, restarted a couple times - NOPE - no peripharel is working anymore regardless if bluetooth or plugged in - never ever seen this issue in the past...

and im not talking not working in ESO anymore - not working AT ALL - even the plugged in mouse doesn't work in windows (and all my peripharels are microsoft as well)

So since the stuff is "lighting up" when plugging it into the USB ports it can't be that...and it's also not specific usb ports cause all aren't working nore is bluetooth...

So what other explanation is there? That all the drivers stopped working at the same time?

How can i possibly fix or investigate this if i can't use any mouse or keyboard?
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since the usb ports seem to have power i assume it can only be an issue of either drivers or usb controllers?

What the f do you do if any potential solution to this problem requires you to be able to use a mouse or keyboard which you can't do because bluetooth / usb aren't working??

And why would this stuff just out of the blue stop working without any changes to the pc... so annoying
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Nemesis7884

If your mouse and keyboard have stopped working completely even in Windows, you should try different USB ports on your PC in case some are having a hardware problem. You should also update drivers for your keyboard and mouse which may help resolve the issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have tried all usb ports - they all seem to have power and keyboard works in bios....but nothing works in windows anymore out of the blue - one moment they do the next they dont...

i bought a new usb-cable keyboard and the first time i plugged it in and it loaded windows, it said it is installing its drivers in a message..but afterwards i still can't use it...

The problem is, how can i check the drivers or do anything there if mouse keyboard aren't working? I also don't understand how all these can stopp working suddenly at the same time... i mean mouse, keyboard, gamepad - they should all use different drivers no?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Nemesis7884

You may want to contact your PC manufacturer for additional help resolving this issue, as there could be a hardware problem preventing any USB device you connect from working.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    or have you tried turning all addons off? (maybe some of them is not updated - "broken")
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so after having tried every trick in the book, the only thing that helped was a new install of the dreaded windows 10.... well... i hate windows 10