The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fatal Error 6

Jaraal
Jaraal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Yes, I've deleted all my addons. Yes, I've run the repair tool and downloaded the 40 gig "patch" several times. Yes, I've deleted the Launcher folder. Yes, I've updated Steam, and rebooted my computer. But every time I press "Play", I crash, get the bug report window and every time it says Fatal Error 6.

Any other suggestions?

PC/NA, Win 7 64bit.
RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, everything worked fine until the v3.3.5 patch. Haven't even been able to play since then. Hopefully this can be resolved before I have to pay my guild dues on Saturday.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Have you tried downloading a new launcher?

If not, you can do so after you have deleted the launcher folder. You can download the ESO Launcher from your account management page here to reinstall it. This can be done by logging into your account on our website and clicking the Download Game button on the page for your appropriate platform. If you play on Steam, download a new copy of the game through Steam.

If this does not work, please start a ticket by contacting customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, when I deleted the launcher folder, the game automatically downloaded a new launcher when I activated the shortcut.

Thanks for responding, although it's sad that players actually have to uninstall and reinstall their game just to get a buggy patch to work. Seems like in their haste to collect more cash (storage containers and outfits), ZOS pushed an incomplete and untested DLC package on us. I've never played a game with so many bad programming issues, TBH.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG are you kidding me? I spent 2 days downloading a new copy of the game through Steam, and now I crash to desktop with Fatal Error 11 upon entering the main loading screen. I can't even copy the text out of the bug report window as you guys have right clicking or expanding the window for a screenshot disabled.

So tired of this! Don't ask me to spend another day repairing the files, as this is a fresh install. Why is this happening?
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »

If this does not work, please start a ticket by contacting customer support.

So I follow the link, it says please log in, so I log in, and it says log in failed. How can my log in fail, when I'm logged in posting on the forum? SMH
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's what I get from the game consultant:

System Information
    Time of this report: 2/17/2018, 23:16:03
    Machine name: *******-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.171231-1547)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
    System Model: BK169AAR-ABA HPE-210f
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 01/22/10 11:41:56 Ver: 5.09
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 945 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16376MB RAM
    Page File: 3170MB used, 29579MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Display Devices
    Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
    Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x683D)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_683D&SUBSYS_04C71043&REV_00
    Display Memory: 4095 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 2030 MB
    Shared Memory: 2065 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)
    Monitor Name: ViewSonic VX2739wm
    Monitor Model: VX2739wm
    Monitor Id: VSC3F24
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
    Output Type: DVI
    Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
    Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1315 (English)
    Driver Version: 14.301.1001.0
    DDI Version: 11
    Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 9/15/2014 14:31:42, 1335544 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
    Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-2B7D-11CF-D076-CD24BEC2C535}
    Vendor ID: 0x1002
    Device ID: 0x683D
    SubSys ID: 0x04C71043
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Edited by Jaraal on February 20, 2018 7:48AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so I ran a command prompt system check of my Windows files, no corruptions. Removed and reinstalled the drivers for my video card, no help. Deleted and reinstalled the 2010 C++ redistributables that are used by the launcher, didn't help. Deleted the launcher file again and tried to launch directly from Steam, nope. Tried launching from the eso64.exe file .... still crashing with Fatal Error 11. Going to try the repair option for the fourth time for my game files, and that will exhaust all the options that I have found.

I sure wish I could figure out what was in that Dragon Bones patch that turned my game unplayable. Anyone else have this issue? How did you fix it?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Jaraal

For the support portal, please use your ESO account details when logging in. If you still can't login and create a ticket, you can try using the account recovery form to start a ticket. If that does not work, please let us know.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, whatever you guys did with today's patch fixed my issues. Thanks!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have fatal error 6 . I do not want to reinstall the entire game to fix it . Please let me know when it gets patched so I can update then an try to play .
  • Mordfall
    Mordfall
    Soul Shriven
    Fatal Error 11 here ---> I had this issue twice this month. Right at Dragon Bones DLC launch and today. Attempting to repair does nothing. It literally sits there and does nothing. I do not want to reinstall the whole game like I did the last time. Most of the troubleshooting seems like customer call avoidance techniques.