The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Voice chat is back to being buggy

Bhaal5
Bhaal5
✭✭✭✭✭
Doesnt matter the time of day (and even in the early morning most aussies play) chat rooms will dissappear completely, group chat will randomily drop out and be unavailable.
Guild chat 1 will dissappear if you try and select it.

Why is this still a thing?
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found the same - I couldn't see anyone participating in any of the chat channels, in the guild Trials I participated in on Sat night. A lot of the time the "Join channel" counter just keeps looping.

The only time it seems to work for me is if the game has frozen and I have to restart completely.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth I had a dm conversation with one of the mods about this issue and they told me they would inform the appropriate team. Who knows when we will get a fix though. Might not be til the summer chapter or something.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found the same - I couldn't see anyone participating in any of the chat channels, in the guild Trials I participated in on Sat night. A lot of the time the "Join channel" counter just keeps looping.

The only time it seems to work for me is if the game has frozen and I have to restart completely.

That "join chat" loop infuriates me so much
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    For what it's worth I had a dm conversation with one of the mods about this issue and they told me they would inform the appropriate team. Who knows when we will get a fix though. Might not be til the summer chapter or something.

Most likely the same team working on the load screens and all those extra bugs that seem to be added each patch. Though hope they work it out soon rather than letting it slide for another 6 months
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add to this, it seems that the issue is with premade groups only - I no longer have any Group chat option. Ever.

However, when using the Group Finder, the Group chat option is not only there, it somehow defaults to ON.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To add to this, it seems that the issue is with premade groups only - I no longer have any Group chat option. Ever.

However, when using the Group Finder, the Group chat option is not only there, it somehow defaults to ON.

I lose it all the time with the group finder unfortunately upon entering a BGs match. It's very rare I'm able to jump in there and keep group chat.