The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Helping make unique builds.

• SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72 I've been working on two builds for a sort of Meridia's Champion vs Molag Bal's Champion type of thing. Meridia's is an Imperial stamina Templar who uses s/s and 2h, while Bal's is a Breton Sorc (tank?) Who uses s/s and DW. Both would use heavy armor, but I'm stumped on the sets and skills (mostly the sets, bc I can finagle the skills, tho I'd love to see what you could come up with) (also, Meridia's would use that Meridia blessed set that blinds enemies, while Bal's always has a clanfear), so I'd love to see what you got for them.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    That market is already cornered by random PUGS

Anything I make will survive a random vet pug...

Trust me, nothing intelligent survives contact with an experienced PUG. The randos is too strong with them.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Earrindo

Sorry for the delayed response, real life has been posessive lately.

Your racial bonus isn't nearly as important as people claim it is. Any race works for any build, and the only time it's going to matter is if you want to be the tip of the theory crafting meta spear squeezing efficiency where you can find it. Assuming you're not doing that, rock that altmer all the way to vet trials!

For the build, I have two concepts to test for you. One is for non optimized setups, and one for optimized raids. In groups where people are all more or less doing their own thing, you'll want to stack penetration and damage, as penetration is the best pound for pound dps increase. To that end:

5 Hundings rage,
    5 Spriggan
    1 kena/Velidreth/ Kra'gh (wear kra'gh if your penetration value is under 17k, others if above).

Vs

5 night mother's gaze,
    5 Spriggan
    1 Kena

Where the hundings is in a trial (unless no one is wearing NMG, them you can anyway) and NMG is solo. When you're wearing the latter combo, you're going to have (5280 for major fracture, 4k for spriggan, 3k for night mother, and roughly 3k in cp) 15k penetration. Add in a sharpened weapon or kra'gh and your enemy may as well be naked to your hits.

As for skills and rotation video, will try to get that for you soon, and will exclude caltrops unless you don't mind pvping.
    @DocFrost72 I've been working on two builds for a sort of Meridia's Champion vs Molag Bal's Champion type of thing. Meridia's is an Imperial stamina Templar who uses s/s and 2h, while Bal's is a Breton Sorc (tank?) Who uses s/s and DW. Both would use heavy armor, but I'm stumped on the sets and skills (mostly the sets, bc I can finagle the skills, tho I'd love to see what you could come up with) (also, Meridia's would use that Meridia blessed set that blinds enemies, while Bal's always has a clanfear), so I'd love to see what you got for them.

The sorc tank I have a build pre made for, and can give you the gear for that later today, plus skills!

As for the Meridia build, how married to the idea of the Meridia's blessed armor set are you? That set is primarily a small scale pvp set, and won't affect pve bosses (which is, in my opinion, silly). There is a set just like it that is craftable (hist bark) that gives you a much better time in pve, of that's what you're going for. If you mean something to have fun on in overworld, entirely different- blessed armor would be fine there too. I'll start working on them both, and will let you know when I get something!

@SilverIce58
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    @Earrindo

Sorry for the delayed response, real life has been posessive lately.

Your racial bonus isn't nearly as important as people claim it is. Any race works for any build, and the only time it's going to matter is if you want to be the tip of the theory crafting meta spear squeezing efficiency where you can find it. Assuming you're not doing that, rock that altmer all the way to vet trials!

For the build, I have two concepts to test for you. One is for non optimized setups, and one for optimized raids. In groups where people are all more or less doing their own thing, you'll want to stack penetration and damage, as penetration is the best pound for pound dps increase. To that end:

5 Hundings rage,
    5 Spriggan
    1 kena/Velidreth/ Kra'gh (wear kra'gh if your penetration value is under 17k, others if above).

Vs

5 night mother's gaze,
    5 Spriggan
    1 Kena

Where the hundings is in a trial (unless no one is wearing NMG, them you can anyway) and NMG is solo. When you're wearing the latter combo, you're going to have (5280 for major fracture, 4k for spriggan, 3k for night mother, and roughly 3k in cp) 15k penetration. Add in a sharpened weapon or kra'gh and your enemy may as well be naked to your hits.

As for skills and rotation video, will try to get that for you soon, and will exclude caltrops unless you don't mind pvping.

The sorc tank I have a build pre made for, and can give you the gear for that later today, plus skills!

As for the Meridia build, how married to the idea of the Meridia's blessed armor set are you? That set is primarily a small scale pvp set, and won't affect pve bosses (which is, in my opinion, silly). There is a set just like it that is craftable (hist bark) that gives you a much better time in pve, of that's what you're going for. If you mean something to have fun on in overworld, entirely different- blessed armor would be fine there too. I'll start working on them both, and will let you know when I get something!

@SilverIce58

Yeah blessed armor is mostly for fun, but if you've got something to replace it, I'll take it under consideration.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    @docfrost72

Melee based Stam DK with high DPS. Ive been looking for ways to improve my DPS but am open to suggestions.
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭

Sawzallz wrote: »
    If you can save my Stam sorc that would be really nice but I doubt it ps4 na

Tell me what you envision for it- standard PvE dps? PvP stam sorc? Something specific? Do you envision it as a tank? @Sawzallz

*Edit: This happened to be my 2500th comment xD [/quote]

Congratz, well I have Stam sorc woodelf
    Would prefer pvp but a pve would be nicer I have almost all skills at 50 I'm cp In the 200s If I get vampire again it would be at lvl 10 maxed don't really care about the trades I have about 115 skill points
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually got pretty high in PvP (for hating PvP anyway) and have razor caltrops, as well as vigor.
    I'd not really considered spriggans, so I'll strap it on and give it a go. With the outfit system incoming, I'm a lot less irritated by using dropped sets.

That's good to know about racial bonuses, I generally felt like a moron, but I'm just really attached to my altmer boys.

I'll keep me eyes peeled for the rotation, whenever you can, I'm not in a rush and I really appreciate and value your time!
  • ZOS_Holden
    ZOS_Holden
    Community Rep
    Hey @DocFrost72 ,

We love what you're doing here, variety is the spice of life after all. There are so many fun build ideas and they're turning out so great! Thanks for keeping things spicy guys!
    Staff Post
  • crashen17b14_ESO
    crashen17b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Okay so, I've been wracking my head trying to come up with, in essence, a breton (reachman) frost mage-werewolf. Warden, with an ice staff, and mainly ice abilities, and maybe leeching vines, but also a viable werewolf.

If being a tank is a must to use the ice staff primarily, that is fine. Oddly specific: I really don't like S&B. But yeah, I envision a reachman shaman, casting ice magic from a distance, until going berserk and turning into a werewolf to rampage around. I'd also like to avoid pelinal's aptitude, so that makes things unnecessarily complicated! I have heard prisoners rags + shacklebreaker work fairly well for werewolf mag/stam hybrids. Relatively speaking.
  • Omnia
    Omnia
    ✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72

Princess of the Boiche - a sneaky Bosmer Stamplar. Cute and innocent on the outside, devious and hangry on the inside.
    * Bow + any melee
    * Werewolf (optional)
    * Stealth attack combo as opener would be fun!
    I imagine her hitting a range/javelin combo from stealth (and maybe leaping in WW), or a hidden dagger/javelin finisher. Then transforming back to her Bosmer form in her Duchess persona. PvP/PVE --and the occasional non-dlc dungeon. Sparkle pony and mount included. :D

Don't crush my dreams! <3

Edited by Omnia on February 9, 2018 4:45AM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Earrindo

The wait is over! Enjoy the results- 24k+dps, and though my rotation could use refinement, I know it'll hit 25k+ self buffed- meaning you're golden for vet dungeons and vet crag trials! I even used an altmer in the testing :)

Just know that you made me make this
    unknown.png
    Into this
    unknown.png
    D':
    Kidding! I'm in pts, so race change is nothing xD

Video:
    https://youtu.be/o0CdKqMrZ6s
    for those at work or that want the super fast description:
    5 night mother's gaze,
    5 Spriggan's Thorns,
    1 Kra'gh
    Lover Mundus

Bar one: Cutting dive, poison injection, endless hail, razor caltrops, subterranean assault, guardian's savagery.

Bar Two: Rearming trap, green lotus, acid spray, bird of prey, bull netch, guardian's savagery

CP:
    medium armor focus 40, ironclad 51, thick skinned 51, hardy 49, elemental defender 49,

warlord 34, sprinter 2, mooncalf 49, arcanist 19, tenacity 56, tumbling 40, shadow ward 40,

physical weapon expert 19, master-at-arms 51, thaumaturge 51, precise strikes 51, piercing 12, mighty 56

(If you're running with a tank that has crushing, alkosh, or another dps is using sunderflame, switch lover mundus for warrior for improved performance)

The honest best part of this is that if a boss forces you in close like domihaus or you are doing trials where everyone stacks tight anyway, your dps goes up because of rearming, mitigating the loss of the longshot passives. In this way, you're lethal at range, but devastating up close. You also give out minor toughness like candy!

Yes this is an altmer, and yes I cried race changing my bosmer :'(
    unknown.png

@SilverIce58

So, for the sorc tank you'll want to go 5 torug's pact for group support (I'd do sword and shield +3 body for ease of access), with necklace/rings and two body pieces of either plague doctor or (if you want to stay thematic) bahara's curse. The latter can be hard to find, from what I've been told. You'll also want 2 pieces lord warden dusk for your monster set. It not only provides great group utility, but it spawns a purple, glowing orb- spooky, and very much Molag Bal themed! If you don't have that set, any two set pieces that increase health and resistances like chudan, pirate skeleton, nerieneth, skoria, and maw of the infernal will do the trick. Mix and match! Pieces should be sturdy, ideally, or reinforced/divines. Weapons infused and enchanted with front bar crushing, back bar weakening/absorb stamina.

Lord Mundus stone, unless you never have below 50% health in which case go atronach for mag regen.

Skills, I'd go front and back bar sword and shield, allowing you to run-

1: Absorb magic, pierce armor, dark deal, boundless storm, clanfear, shield discipline/absorption field.
    2: Overflowing Altar, inner fire (either morph, I prefer unmorphed hilariously enough), low slash, restraining prison, clanfear, aggressive warhorn.

clanfear is actually SUPER useful to sorc tanks, as a bonus! It procs for anywhere between 18-23kon my tank on live server.

As for the meridia build, I'd suggest running it as a fun little tank-dps mix if you're not doing anything serious with it. Front bar sword and shield with a taunt and back bar 2 handed with rally, execute, and dawnbreaker of smiting. For sets, try your 5 meridia's blessing and 5 hunding's with the bogden 2 piece- the nightflame ability that comes down is a glowing golden healing area, a pair of dragon wings chained to a standard- it looks amazing. If you want to get serious with that build, I can make it work as a pve tank. Just let me know!

@Sawzallz

I can save your sorc! PvP, I'd have to see what's changed and read up on it before hand, but depending on if you want a 2h build or dual wield build I *know* I can find you something.

On the PvE side, I got you covered. Try running 5 hunding's, 5 Spriggan's thorns (overland set from bangkorai)/5 strength of the aumtomaton (found in darkshade caverns, a medium armor set). Once you've got those, shoot for a velidreth, storm fist, or Kra'gh monster helm (found in cradle of shadows vet, tempest island vet, or fungal grotto I vet respectively).

bar one (dual wield): shrouded dagger, rending slashes, blade cloak, hurricane, bound armaments, flawless dawnbreaker (note- this is a different morph than for pvp!)

bar two (bow): rearming trap, poison injection, endless hail, razor caltrops, bound armaments, balista.

at 200-ish cp, your best bet is going to be stacking mighty until you hit 49 points, then starting in on thaumaturgy, since a lot of your dps is damage over time.

tag me with your preference of weapon in pve, or if you'd rather 2h in pve. Both are very doable!

@RABIDxWOLVERINE

Hiya! If you're looking to maximize pve dps on a stam dk, try this:

5 hunding's, 5 sunder, 2 velidreth/Spawn of mephala (I run the latter)

dw bar: Rending slashes, blade cloak, venom claw, rearming trap, resolving vigor(if you trust your healers, run expert hunter or noxious breath), flawless dawnbreaker.

bow: Flames of oblivion, poison injection, endless hail, razor caltrops, molten armaments, standard of Might

stone: Warrior

Rotation: Simple as pie. Before fight, molten armaments. Endless, light attack (from here on la), caltrops, la, poison inject, la, flames of oblivion, bar swap. Heavy attack venom claw, heavy attack, rearming trap, heavy attack blade cloak, heavy attack rending slashes, heavy attack till right before hail runs out, flip bars and reactivate all but oblivion. Oblivion and molten are every two rotations. After the first use, make venom claw your LAST recasted skill to give it the most time to tick. It does more damage that way.

does that help any?

@crashen17b14_ESO

Oh, I can do this. I LOVE werewolves >:D

Would you rather it be a tank or a mag dps with wolven "can't touch this" mode? I'd suggest hybrid, but you are not keen on pelinals. I assume you mean pve as well, but if this is pvp lemme know- I can help either way :)

@Omnia

How could I crush a sap-sister's dreams? I think we may be related by the way:
    unknown.png

I can build you a great deal with stamplars- it's my main! I'll make something that'll make you a happy player, and your little boiche a happy little death machine.

Tell me how these sound: PvE standard dps, PvE werewolf dps, PvP stealth build, PvP open world build, PvP werewolf build

Pick your poison, I've got them all!
    Edited by DocFrost72 on February 9, 2018 8:03PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Holden wrote: »
    Hey @DocFrost72 ,

We love what you're doing here, variety is the spice of life after all. There are so many fun build ideas and they're turning out so great! Thanks for keeping things spicy guys!

Thank you very much! I love the community and the game, and never mind giving back.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey OP,

I have wanted to always do (and not necessarily combat, but wouldn't wanna die) any ideas on:

Mag Sorc
    Sneak
    Thief

Combat would of course be limited to getting caught stealing or the bare minimum PvE, so less focus there.

But I want the theme to be magicka and stealth (which I know isn't easy on a Sorc)

Any ideas ?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Omnia
    Omnia
    ✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72

OMG! How do I pick?!! :o

I have to go with PvE werewolf and PvP stealth. (If you would be so kind as to share 2 options that is..) I would need to practice my WW a bit, since these days its always Vampire :'(

• QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This!
    You will never beat random pugs. Resto/bow dd build with 35k hp? Light attack build with 11k hp? Easy.

wait a minute... I've got a double bow STAMWARDEN healer getting ready to hot the group finder ;)
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey OP,

I have wanted to always do (and not necessarily combat, but wouldn't wanna die) any ideas on:

Mag Sorc
    Sneak
    Thief

Combat would of course be limited to getting caught stealing or the bare minimum PvE, so less focus there.

But I want the theme to be magicka and stealth (which I know isn't easy on a Sorc)

Any ideas ?

@Waffennacht You my friend, have given me something I am loving working on!

Preliminary: 5 shadow dancer (2 body 3 jewelry), 5 night mother's embrace (all body) with any staves you have.

You'd want to have crystal frags, bolt escape, and negate for the off chance you get spotted. With 5 pieces medium, and the night mother's 5 piece, you'll have a very small detect radius. If you're in a building and get caught, restraining prison the guards at a corner, use a speed and invis pot once around the corner, run directly away from the guards to avoid the revealing flare skill, BOOM you're done!

Get ganged up on by more than one npc and don't want blood on your hands? Negate, giving you plenty of time to gtfo!

Bolt escape through a guard stuns AND gives you breathing room, while bolt escape over a gap makes enemies take the long way around (really useful with the vertical nature in Hew's Bane).

Need stam to sprint, dodge roll, what have you? Dark deal it up.

Need to have passives are legerdemain skills and thieves guild skills- they help a ton. If you really wanna go all out, get the sprint, CC break, and sneaking cp passives.
    Omnia wrote: »
    @DocFrost72

OMG! How do I pick?!! :o

I have to go with PvE werewolf and PvP stealth. (If you would be so kind as to share 2 options that is..) I would need to practice my WW a bit, since these days its always Vampire :'(

The PvE werewolf I have on hand, lemme theorycraft the stealthy-slashy one for pvp for you!

For the werewolf, my setup was 5 hunding's on dual wield, 5 vicious Ophidian, 2 selene's. Some people say to use blooddrinker instead of ophidian, and that is certainly an option as well with the sheer monstrous (hehe) damage your claws do in bleeds.

Bars would be dual wield and bow, with ww third bar.

Dual Wield:
    Biting jabs, rending slashes, blade cloak, rearming trap, resolving vigor (if you trust your healer run expert hunter), Werewolf Berserker.

Bow:
    Power of the Light, poison injection, endless hail, razor caltrops, repentance (if you have no sustain issues run blazing spear here, just don't throw it), balista/Crescent Sweep.

Werewolf Bar:
    Feral Pounce, Hircine's Rage, Rousing Roar, Howl of Despair (pve, agony pvp by far), claws of life.

You'll want to treat this like any other stamina templar rotation; apply dots, heavy attack weave on front bar, jabs a few times, until you get your ultimate.

Then the fun (and howling) begins.

Heavy attack into howl of despair, apply light attack- claw of life for the bleed uptime, and keep hircine's rage buff up by recasting once per 20 seconds.

The best part of werewolves? You are basically a tank. +(almost)10k resistances, a percentage of stamina, more resources from heavy attacks,. But this is in all medium (or one piece heavy), and you'll have 23k+ resistances! My imperial had 20k health and 50k stam with warhorn up- it was gross.

For inspiration; Stats page for the werewolf listed above, as imperial:
    Screenshot_20171104_003352.png

You can also see where I had a 25k parse for the big lug (warhorn was post parse to show max stats...I liked seeing 50k stam with 20k health). You'll need multiple turned werewolves for longer practices, like on dummies. WTB werewolf uptime buff.

If you need to level werewolf (and have no heart) head on down to Monkey's Rest in Auridon. You may need to put gold aside for counseling though :(

I'll let you know when I get something solid on the sneaky pvp build!

This!
    You will never beat random pugs. Resto/bow dd build with 35k hp? Light attack build with 11k hp? Easy.

wait a minute... I've got a double bow STAMWARDEN healer getting ready to hot the group finder ;)

Do eeet!
    Edited by DocFrost72 on February 9, 2018 9:44PM
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72 That's pretty much what I'm running as far as sets go but your bar setup is interesting, I'm going to tweak my front/back bars a bit this weekend and see if I cant squeeze a little more DPS out of my character. I appreciate your time and just want to say that what you are doing is pretty awesome for the community. I wish I had more time to theory craft but its all good when the community has an awesome individual like yourself willing to spend your time helping others out!

Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Omnia
    Omnia
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you sir!

Now I am wishing I hadn't given all my Blooddrinker away in dungeon runs. I will be searching through my inventory insight to see what I have in VO. I haven't played stamina in a while but this will be more for actual fun (instead of telling myself I am having fun..)

Ye, I usually went for the goats in Alik'r :'( I think the monkey slaughter is much more heartbreaking.

I appreciate this so much! Thank you for offering to help those looking to put some fun back into their game.
    I'll be on the lookout for the stealth version when you have time.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72 ,
    That is amazing! Thank you so much for that build advice, I will get all my gear prepped for after patch day when I can outfit over the ugly max tier bosmer stuff, hehe
    And it works out great because ive already got a divines kragh in the bank, lol
  • crashen17b14_ESO
    crashen17b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    PvE for me. As for tanking vs dps, either is okay. I solo mainly, but i have thought about dabbling in tanking, and if a tank makes a weird magicka/werewolf/frost staff/ice warden hybrid viable, then that is fine. Also no preference on armor weight.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72 That's pretty much what I'm running as far as sets go but your bar setup is interesting, I'm going to tweak my front/back bars a bit this weekend and see if I cant squeeze a little more DPS out of my character. I appreciate your time and just want to say that what you are doing is pretty awesome for the community. I wish I had more time to theory craft but its all good when the community has an awesome individual like yourself willing to spend your time helping others out!

Always happy to help!

@Omnia Oh believe me, I hit the "I'm having fun, right" stage a while back trying to be a max dps. I can do it but...bleh, not my thing. I kinda realized there's no need for me to be doing that when I don't do vet raids more than once a month, and my build ideas started to just...well, explode.

As for the sneaky-slasher, It's here!

5 hunding's rage (automaton or archer's mind are really good too), 4 body, bow
    5 Night Mother's Embrace (NOT Night Mother's, this is an overworld medium drop from Deshaan), 3 body, two dual wield
    3 Agility (ring, ring, neck)

This setup uses dual wield and bow to give you maximum damage potential. Your attacks from stealth will cripple and lock down opponents, giving you the time to spear them to death. Because you're not a nightblade, escapes will be harder- always keep nearby cover in mind. A well placed rock or tree can turn defeat into victory by separating your enemies into a string of 1v1s.

Skills:

Dual Wield- Biting Jabs, Rending slashes, blade cloak, resolving vigor, repentance, Dawnbreaker of smiting/crescent sweep

Bow- Lethal Arrow, Poison Injection, Bombard, Binding Javelin, Power of the Light, Balista

How to: Setup on an unsuspecting target, giving you two options. The build's primary option is a ranged focus, where you'll be using a snipe from stealth into a heavy attack > poison injection/javelin/balista, depending on the target and the situation. Two strategies to keep in mind are that if you have an asylum bow, you can swap a few things around and use that instead. Snipe has a travel time but is buffed by arrow spray, so you can time it just so that your spray empowers the still in flight snipe. You also may consider using invis pots to escape after a gank, successful or not.

The other way to build it is far more melee oriented, making it high risk, high reward.

5 hunding's rage (dual wield, 3 body)
    5 Night Mother's Embrace (rings, neck, 2 body)
    2 Slimecraw.

If you go this route, you will hit harder but also expose yourself. Due to the fact that you're ganking, you're going to be using divines. Stealth is your mitigation. If you lose it, it'd be like a sorc with no wards or a dk with no block- it's going to really hurt. Here, you'd wind up a heavy attack into jabs or dawnbreaker, then jab while they're struggling to cc break. That WILL finish a surprisingly large volume of players- the issue is getting close enough without losing stealth.

Go max damage everything: Nirnhoned weapons if you can get them, sharpened if you cannot. Divines with warrior mundus, max health and stam foods. You're a glass cannon, but if done right you'll make them shatter long before you do.

Let me know what you think, and if you need anything else :)
    Earrindo wrote: »
    @DocFrost72 ,
    That is amazing! Thank you so much for that build advice, I will get all my gear prepped for after patch day when I can outfit over the ugly max tier bosmer stuff, hehe
    And it works out great because ive already got a divines kragh in the bank, lol

Glad to hear it! I may or may not like the bosmer medium at high levels. A lot >.>

PvE for me. As for tanking vs dps, either is okay. I solo mainly, but i have thought about dabbling in tanking, and if a tank makes a weird magicka/werewolf/frost staff/ice warden hybrid viable, then that is fine. Also no preference on armor weight.

If you mainly solo, try this:

5 julianos (weapon, 4 body),
    4 pieces any magic set. Skooma smuggler, moon dancer, anything giving you magicka, magicka regen, or spell damage here,
    2 pieces of ice heart. Dire frost vet is difficult, but if you're on PC/NA I can set it up with you, I'm sure :)

5 light, one medium, one heavy if you can. Definitely keep five light. Apprentice or lover mundus stone. Lover'd be more damage, apprentice a mix of damage and healing.

Bar one: Ice staff:

screaming cliff racer, fetcher infection, elemental ring, elemental blockade, elemental drain, pack leader.

Restoration staff:

ice fortress, winter's revenge, healing ward, rapid regeneration, blue betty, light's champion.

One of the crazy things about werewolves is that magicka werewolves are thing! Granted, you'll do less damage as you'd be focused more on elemental damage instead of physical, but the damage isn't negligible. That, and you get nearly 10k resistances, max stam increase, and your howl...gods, your howl is amazing. The heal from it with that much magicka and spell damage will bring you to full each cast, making it a panic phase if you think you're about to take a lot of incoming damage.

Tanking with werewolf is very, very difficult, as werewolves have no native taunt (and the only set that could allow them to doesn't D: ). If you went with building a tank, I'd suggest not wolfing up unless your team wouldn't benefit from a taunt, but would from you gaining that survivability. Examples include last boss of darkshade II, Dire frost's last boss, sellistrix (sp?) in arx, investigator Garron in wayrest sewers, you get the idea. Some bosses can't be taunted, meaning there's no reason you can't wolf out. For that, I'd gear you as:

5 Torug's Pact (Crushing glyph on your main weapon) with 4 body and ice staff/resto staff,
    5 Plague doctor with jewelry and 2 body,
    Any health or resistance oriented one piece monster set like chudan, bone pirate, skoria etc.

5 heavy, one medium, one light. Definitely keep 5 heavy. Lord or atronach mundus stone

Front bar: Ice

inner fire, gripping shards, frozen device, elemental blockade, elemental drain, pack leader.

Back Bar: Resto

ice fortress, enchanted growth, lotus blossom, rapid regeneration, blue betty, healing thicket.

You're going to want to use blue health and magicka foods or the solo build, with tri food for the tank setup. For your enchantments, max magicka on everything. You'll want to be at at least 25-30k health on your tank build, so plan that gear accordingly. Plague should help a ton.

How does this sound? :)
  • Omnia
    Omnia
    ✭✭✭
    I do happen to have Embrace laying around, so it works perfectly! Now to practice a bit on some unsuspecting individuals...

Thank you again @DocFrost72 !!
    I hope you have had as much fun helping people out, as I have had, just reading through your ideas for everyone.

Your awesome!
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This may be naive of me to ask but is there any way to make a decent dw mage in this game? I levelled one to max but now have to respec / use a destro staff as main & just isn't as fun.

And don't want a stam sorc. :)

Or is this too dull a request?
  • crashen17b14_ESO
    crashen17b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    This may be naive of me to ask but is there any way to make a decent dw mage in this game? I levelled one to max but now have to respec / use a destro staff as main & just isn't as fun.

I kicked around a DW magblade idea. Old meta had magick users dual wield swords for the bonus to damage, but destro staff changes made that obsolete. However, SIphoning Attacks can give you magicka return on light/heavy attacks, and nightblades have a lot of melee attacks that have stam or magicka morphs.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I kicked around a DW magblade idea. Old meta had magick users dual wield swords for the bonus to damage, but destro staff changes made that obsolete. However, SIphoning Attacks can give you magicka return on light/heavy attacks, and nightblades have a lot of melee attacks that have stam or magicka morphs.

Ta for reply but mine's a mage not an nb.
    Can I add pet in as well? Dw mag sorc pet build lol :p
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72 thank you so much for the sorc tank build, it looks amazing, and I can't wait to try it out. For the Meridia one, would that be heavy armor Hunding's or medium armor Hunding's? Also, what do you think about using Total Dark on the s/b bar?

Not to give you more work on your plate lol, but what do you think of a frost mage build (Breton) that uses northern storm and ice comet. I'd think Ysgramor's for the jewelry and 2 body pieces since both bars would have frost magic skills on them. Think you could take on this challenge?
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72

I appreciate your work, you really look like a competent and friendly player.
    I'd like to ask you advices on a themed build i wanted to make: the theme is simply Dwemer.
    A character that try to be a dwemer automaton in combat.

Role: Either Stam DD or Tank
    Classes: Templar or Sorc. Sorc looks nice with the electric visual effects, but also templar may work?
    Set: two sets i was thinking are Dwemer Automaton and Livewire, but i'm open for suggestions. I'd also like to use either the Engine Guardian or the Sentinel of Rkugamz monster set. Sentinel looks very cool, but Engine is probably better.

Skills: i don't really know since i don't the class, but surely i want to use Ballista
    Edited by ascan7 on February 11, 2018 8:39PM
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DocFrost72

I have one for you:

The most lore friendly Khajiit build possible. Preferably able to stand his own in PVP.

I don’t mind what weapons, sets, armour, or anything else, provided it is as close to a Khajiit warrior/fighter/whatever as possible.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Omnia wrote: »
    I do happen to have Embrace laying around, so it works perfectly! Now to practice a bit on some unsuspecting individuals...

Thank you again @DocFrost72 !!
    I hope you have had as much fun helping people out, as I have had, just reading through your ideas for everyone.

Your awesome!

I'm glad you're digging the builds, and I'm definitely having fun doing this! Hope you enjoy it, sap-sister!

I'll get started ASAP on this! My idea is around crystal blast (*Waits for the crowd to boo and throw rotten tomatoes at him before continuing*) as the spammable to let you run dual wield front bar, and I'll let you know how it works.

I do like that idea, and yeah if you went that way you'd probably need to run siphoning to regain, or back bar a lightning for sustain heavies.
    @DocFrost72 thank you so much for the sorc tank build, it looks amazing, and I can't wait to try it out. For the Meridia one, would that be heavy armor Hunding's or medium armor Hunding's? Also, what do you think about using Total Dark on the s/b bar?

Not to give you more work on your plate lol, but what do you think of a frost mage build (Breton) that uses northern storm and ice comet. I'd think Ysgramor's for the jewelry and 2 body pieces since both bars would have frost magic skills on them. Think you could take on this challenge?

If you're only doing normals and overworld content (what I assumed when you said "for fun"), I'd go with 5 heavy hunding's, since you were interested in using heavy armor on these two. I'd go:

Sword and shield: Puncture, low slash, absorb magic, shield charge, hasty prayer, Remembrance

2h: biting jabs, executioner, brawler, repentance, rally, Dawnbreaker of Smiting.

Total dark could be in place of hasty prayer or absorb magic, though hasty prayer would be pretty thematic in appearance and function. It also gives ultimate if you're at low health! If you want it to be a dungeon tank or a full dps for pve, I could absolutely hone it. The above will do just fine in normal dungeons and non dlc vets though!

As for the ice mage, what you have sounds pretty good. I'm assuming warden with northern storm, so you could totally make a frost mage. Ysgramor is a good angle as well. I'll see what I can do with it- please keep in mind I'm bad at magic xD

Will get to work on it and ping you when I figure something out! Shouldn't be too bad, I used to have an archer stam sorc myself.
    ascan7 wrote: »
    @DocFrost72

I appreciate your work, you really look like a competent and friendly player.
    I'd like to ask you advices on a themed build i wanted to make: the theme is simply Dwemer.
    A character that try to be a dwemer automaton in combat.

Role: Either Stam DD or Tank
    Classes: Templar or Sorc. Sorc looks nice with the electric visual effects, but also templar may work?
    Set: two sets i was thinking are Dwemer Automaton and Livewire, but i'm open for suggestions. I'd also like to use either the Engine Guardian or the Sentinel of Rkugamz monster set. Sentinel looks very cool, but Engine is probably better.

Skills: i don't really know since i don't the class, but surely i want to use Ballista

I'm thinking sorc myself, templar looks more "aedric" if that makes sense- and the dwemer weren't all too impressed with the Aedra. That said, I can figure out either or both tank and DPS. Will get working on them, and I promise you'll be a lean, mean, brass kicking machine! ;)
    Tigeracer wrote: »
    @DocFrost72

I have one for you:

The most lore friendly Khajiit build possible. Preferably able to stand his own in PVP.

I don’t mind what weapons, sets, armour, or anything else, provided it is as close to a Khajiit warrior/fighter/whatever as possible.

Hmmm, lore based Khajiit fighter? I can see what I have for that! Would likely be around templar, as they have a few moves that seem "lunar" inspired. It could be a sneaky nightblade, but that wouldn't be too much of a warrior.