The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Lag. Disconnecting. And chat issues.

BladedMischief
BladedMischief
✭✭✭
This past few weeks there have been several issues. Xbox EU server.
• Lag- I’ve been unable to enter buildings, talk to NPCs and sell/destroy items. The lag usually ends with a disconnect from the server that brings up the “unable to connect to server” or “connect to Xbox live” message.
[Ive checked my connections and it’s perfectly fine. I’ve also cleared data and fully restarted the Xbox after these issues to try and resolve them]
•Disconnects- They’re sometimes completely random. I’ve just tried to enter the Inn in Davon’s Watch and it’s disconnnected me from the server. Without any lag prior to trying to enter the building; a random disconnect. That seemed to begin with my character gaining inhuman sprinting speed.
•Voice chat- Chat still lists people as being in chat when they are actually offline. Chat also randomly kicks people from time to time and sometimes stops working completely; needing a full reset of the game to get it back. And even then, it has to be done a few times to get it to work.

Not sure what to do about these issues after taking the recommended steps about restarting the Xbox and all that.
Anyone else encountering these things?
~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    To resolve issues related to lag and disconnections on the Xbox One, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

Clear Your Mac Address
    1. On the Xbox One home screen, navigate to the left.
    2. Select the Settings options, then All Settings, Network, and finally Network Settings.
    3. From there, select Advanced Settings, Alternative Mac Address, then finally select Clear.

Perform a Hard Reset
    1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the front of your console for 10 seconds.
    2. Once the machine has turned off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the Xbox One and wait two minutes.
    3. Plug the power back in and wait for the power bricks light to go from White to Orange.
    4. Once the power brick has the Orange light, turn the console on and try the game again.

If the issue persists, you can find further troubleshooting steps on the Xbox support site here: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/troubleshoot-slow-game-or-app-downloads-on-xbox-one
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post