The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PS4 EU unbearable LAG since last weeks maintenance

Stinkyremy
Stinkyremy
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says, so much lag everywhere, hard to even play at all.
Before ZOS tries to say, forward ports, reinstall game ect. This has only happened since Wednesdays maintenance and I am not the only person having this issue.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are running into issues with lag and the troubleshooting here has not helped, we recommend contacting customer support to start a support ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have started support tickets and never ever get an answer. The lag continues to be absolute garbage as well as other broken aspects of the game but the lag is making it unplayable.

1. swapping weapon bar does not work and when it does its delayed by as much as 5 - 7 seconds.
    2. Not able to attack people but they can attack me.
    3. Ill be attacking a target then suddenly I cant attack anymore and they heal them selves up and then kill me because I can no longer attack them.
    4. in the middle combat the other day 5 long loading screens in the middle of combat or when just passing by a keep... I come back and I'm dead.
    5. instant death all the time from people who cant do more than 1 - 2k damage to me. when I message them asking how they did that much damage so fast they say you were just sitting there not responding, figured you were afk.
    6. Long loading screens when porting
    7. Life bar stuck at 45% until I die
    8. Not able to mount horse for like 5 minutes, no did not heal or was not in combat.

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @jerj6925

Please check your inbox as we've PM'ed you about not getting any responses to your support tickets.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Zos_Bille I did get your message and have responded. :)
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jerj6925 wrote: »
    I have started support tickets and never ever get an answer. The lag continues to be absolute garbage as well as other broken aspects of the game but the lag is making it unplayable.

1. swapping weapon bar does not work and when it does its delayed by as much as 5 - 7 seconds.
    2. Not able to attack people but they can attack me.
    3. Ill be attacking a target then suddenly I cant attack anymore and they heal them selves up and then kill me because I can no longer attack them.
    4. in the middle combat the other day 5 long loading screens in the middle of combat or when just passing by a keep... I come back and I'm dead.
    5. instant death all the time from people who cant do more than 1 - 2k damage to me. when I message them asking how they did that much damage so fast they say you were just sitting there not responding, figured you were afk.
    6. Long loading screens when porting
    7. Life bar stuck at 45% until I die
    8. Not able to mount horse for like 5 minutes, no did not heal or was not in combat.

While my original complaint about the lag, which others were experiencing too, has been resolved after last maintenance, we had to endure it for a week.
    I have some of these issues too, but they are minor. A lot of issues can be resolved by /reloadui, like being stuck at a certain % health.
    I get a lot of issues, UI issues, like my health/mag/stam bars randomly being no bigger than 2cm. I Also have some really weird UI issues, like after doing activity finder it randomly locks my controller mid battle and the choose role UI comes up, when I press left or right it just changes from tank, healer, dps. It is strange, hard to explain. I have had these issues for months and just remedy them with /reloadui.
    I have started to take pictures of them, and the error reports I keep getting. Eventually when I have enough evidence I will start a report thread, then a ticket.
    One of the most annoying ones I have is that I get on my mount and the controller locks up, I mean I cant move until I unmount. This seems to happen more frequently after collecting a node.

Don't feel alone in these issues we are all experiencing them. imo, the console UI is terrible, based on the terrible skyim UI. Us console users could do with a real UI overhaul, more akin to PC UI, we don't even have stats that tell us our spell/weapon penetration and other stats like PC users have, we dont even have explanations of all the buffs and debuffs in the character screen, just their names. Seems the UI is half assed. Even something as stupid as snap to PoI in the map is a pain as you try to pinpoint a place on the map but it snaps to the nearest PoI. So frustrationg. especially when you consider that we are STILL technically paying the sub model, because playing this game seriously without at least the craft bag is useless.

With all this money coming in from console players, I would expect a little more effort in the UI department.

To add to all of that, the more and more crown cosmetics we get per patch, just makes the game more and more choppy in the framerate department. Try do sanctum ophilia for example, the game runs at like 15 fps in most of the trial, same goes for cyrodiil battles.

Rant over