The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does Librarian Bradyn actually give you a note??

RJEB94
RJEB94
Soul Shriven
Hello. I am a completionist type of player that has to read every note and book there is to read so this is kind of driving me crazy at the moment. In Vicec City you talk to Librarian Bradyn and do the ancestral tomb rubbing quest. Then when you are done the introduction to the rubbings and complete the quest if you talk to Librarian Bradyn again he will say something along the lines like "when you find more rubbing bring them back to me so we can be another step closer to finding the lost library of annule. I have written you clues as to where to locate the ancestral tombs, refer to this note." But yet after looking through all of my lore library, quest items, journal entries and entire inventory and eso plus crafting bag, i have not found a single note anywhere that he supposedly has given me. I have tried searching about this online but see no mention of it. But not everyone is as thorough as i am. Most just skip dialogue and speed run but me i listen to all dialogue and even talk to the NPCs a second time AFTER they start me quest so usually NPC's tell me things other people know nothing about. Is there any other completionist players that can clarify any information about this supposed "Ancestral Tomb Rubbings Note"?? I am playing on Xbox One so of course i can not be sneaky and use whatever console commands are out there for eso and can not look through whatever game files are there either. Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: Here are his exact words word for word:

"As you recover more rubbings, return here to me. With every detail we add to our model, the closer we get to discovering the location of the lost library!

I prepared a list of the tombs you need to find. Refer to the note as you conduct your search"
Edited by RJEB94 on February 4, 2018 4:51AM

Best Answer

• ZOS_Edward
    ZOS_Edward
    Community Rep
    Hey @RJEB94

The note is simply a list of the tombs you need to find, but it isn't in your inventory. It's sitting on a stack of books next to the desk by the planter/wall. Presumably it's left there so everyone that is looking for the tombs can reference it.

Have fun in your hunt to find them all!
    Staff Post
    Answer ✓
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    check your inventory?
  • RJEB94
    RJEB94
    Soul Shriven
    check your inventory?

I checked everywhere in my inventory. There is no notes at all. The only thing i have in my inventory is a note on available houses and properties to purchase for the player housing and "an invitation to orsinium" as my quest item but nothing from librarian bradyn.
    Edited by RJEB94 on February 4, 2018 5:13AM
  • RJEB94
    RJEB94
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_Edward wrote: »
    Hey @RJEB94

The note is simply a list of the tombs you need to find, but it isn't in your inventory. It's sitting on a stack of books next to the desk by the planter/wall. Presumably it's left there so everyone that is looking for the tombs can reference it.

Have fun in your hunt to find them all!

Alright thank you for that information. I will check it out. :)