The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we plz have resource nodes and fishing spots added to our homes?

Girl_Number8
Girl_Number8
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
With the housing changes getting better it would be great if you would add resource nodes to our homes. For more expensive homes a rarer ingredients and even a fishing spot for those with water....Here's hoping :)
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree. I wouldn’t even mind buying nodes in the crown store, so that we can place nodes where we want them. That would be pretty awesome!
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    sounds P2W'ish
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’d be ok with it if it was available for gold, master writs, telvar or ap. Not for crowns though.

So it’s unlikely.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean nodes to look at or bodes you can farm / Harvest, as the later definitely sounds P2W
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    I agree. I wouldn’t even mind buying nodes in the crown store, so that we can place nodes where we want them. That would be pretty awesome!

Yes, it really would add to our homes. Especially the fishing. :)
    Goshua wrote: »
    sounds P2W'ish

ummm, how? I asked it to be included with the homes.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on January 31, 2018 7:51AM
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    I’d be ok with it if it was available for gold, master writs, telvar or ap. Not for crowns though.

So it’s unlikely.

I think it should be included in the homes. Though yes, you can get furnishings from other sources too.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Do you mean nodes to look at or bodes you can farm / Harvest, as the later definitely sounds P2W

Win what, a little gold if you get a perfect roe, kuta, or temper? The odds are not that good anyway. P2W is PvP to me or ummm something they already did one race and one class behind a paywall. This is truly minimal and would be a welcome addition to homes. :)

The blade of woe will get you more money via a dlc :)
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on January 31, 2018 7:52AM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Surly the idea is you have to put some effort in to get resources not just sit in your house and get them , so no
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds P2W'ish

Emphasis on the "ish" cause all it would do is make it a little easier to farm. And if the nodes had a long cooldown between harvests then it'd be a pretty pitiful Pay 2 Win example. It'd be nothing more than a convenience for crafters.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    sounds P2W'ish

Emphasis on the "ish" cause all it would do is make it a little easier to farm. And if the nodes had a long cooldown between harvests then it'd be a pretty pitiful Pay 2 Win example. It'd be nothing more than a convenience for crafters.

It depends on the context and details. An instanced node harvest area where you can reset it by leaving / reentering and thus. Larger home would ideal for gold sellers etc would.be very pay to win.

You can pay real world money to get an advantage in harvesting mats thus converting real world money to gold...thats also P2W not just PvP...

Also how dull would it be farming in a solo instance, the point is to explore etc
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    sounds P2W'ish

almost pitiful enough they may as well make them cosmetic? make them cosmetic and homeowners can go play the game like the rest of us homeless bums
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purely cosmetic housing items like the void bloom that Zanil sold one weekend? Sure.

Nothing wrong with role-playing a garden, farm, or mine. But the housing system should not include anything that tempts people toward automating and away from actively playing the game.
    signing off
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ spot on

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice !!!
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Purely cosmetic housing items like the void bloom that Zanil sold one weekend? Sure.

Nothing wrong with role-playing a garden, farm, or mine. But the housing system should not include anything that tempts people toward automating and away from actively playing the game.

This.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If the nodes were done like the SWTOR housing nodes they would have a daily cooldown and I doubt ZoS would allow us to place a whole house full of them, so not P2W at all.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on January 31, 2018 9:11AM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes this would be cool, could create a little garden patch for Alchemy! :smile:
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not p2w if they had a daily cooldown and were outside the crown store. Hirelings are already in the game and are no different.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    Yes this would be cool, could create a little garden patch for Alchemy! :smile:

That's exactly what I need. Spent a good half hour last night just running around trying to harvest Thistle for more potions.

I found 9. That let me make 36 potions. I need hundreds.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us grow plants and mushrooms. Everything else is easy to find.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why not. As long as houses never come witg them, and they're achievable as ingame rewards only, and have a daily cooldown. Then they'd be less p2w than buying extra characters for the hireling mail/writs. -but provide a fun little joy when you log in.
    Edited by Ep1kMalware on January 31, 2018 11:13AM
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please! There are a few Guild Hall homes I belong to with large bodies of water and it would be so much awesome if we could fish them.
  • Onigar
    Onigar
    ✭✭✭
    I am not really sure adding resouce nodes to existing housing is the right approach but I agree it is a good idea to introduce into housing.

A much cleaner solution would be to have a new "farm" style estate which could include sectional areas in the grounds for say the resources needed for the 6 branches of crafting.

Each node could "spawn" like in the game or "mature over time" to provide a more farm like feel. A certain number of "nodes" should come by default with the Farm and maybe more could be purchased either by writ vouchers or perhaps from the crown store.

A certain level of control should also be introduced for visitors (such as for a guild farm) to allow or not allow the nodes to be picked or the water fished.

Now if this new property "farm estate" was introduced then I see, particurlarly for guilds, there would be a Guild house and also there could be a Guild Farm. Maybe this could be managed by extending the current options from just "Visit Primary Residence" to also have the option "Visit Secondary Residence".
    PC EU
    Addon Author:
    Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like this idea - it would have to have limits of course, to avoid the P2W arguments:

I leave Domus Phrasticus- there is usually a chest in the front yard, and about 4-5 nodes in the immediate area. These can produce nirncrux randomly. I don't think this makes my Craiglorn housing P2W because of this nirncrux "advantage". I could enter and leave my house all day to get these just the same as I could get them from inside my property.

- If it required crafting mastery and components to make one node similar to how extensive making a target dummy is, I think the bots/gold sellers would not participate. Not sell able in traders.
    - Something else to spend master writs on
    - One node limit of each type, flowers would be random.
    - Spawns once per 20-24 hours per account (If it is allowed in multiple properties, you would still be more efficient farming a zone than your own houses due to travel time)

It would be a convenience, and a reason to log in/out at your house. I have to say no to fishing only because water seems to be an issue in getting a fountain to perform, and fishing holes have much larger yields per "node".

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sounds P2W'ish

It depends on the context and details. An instanced node harvest area where you can reset it by leaving / reentering and thus. Larger home would ideal for gold sellers etc would.be very pay to win.

You can pay real world money to get an advantage in harvesting mats thus converting real world money to gold...thats also P2W not just PvP...

Also how dull would it be farming in a solo instance, the point is to explore etc

Fine, there would be a cool down on nodes....It's still not pay to win. The really good mat drop rate is a lot less then just offing npcs with the blade of woe, which is locked behind a dlc. :/

Lets have something more to our homes fishing and some nodes :)
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jemcrystal wrote: »
    Yes please! There are a few Guild Hall homes I belong to with large bodies of water and it would be so much awesome if we could fish them.

Yasss, it would really bring even more social interactions in our guildhalls and homes. A whole new element of fun. :)
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

The housing system is part of the game....homestead, smh. :/
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SisterGoat wrote: »
    Let us grow plants and mushrooms. Everything else is easy to find.

Sounds good :) Though I would still like fishing.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »

If the nodes were done like the SWTOR housing nodes they would have a daily cooldown and I doubt ZoS would allow us to place a whole house full of them, so not P2W at all.

Exactly! There really is a lot locked behind dlc's anyway class, race, sets, monster helms, recipes, motif styles, the blade of woe, PvP motif in crown crates, etc.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on January 31, 2018 9:31PM
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was just thinking about this the other day.

I wasn't thinking nodes I could actually use, I was after nodes that resembled wild nodes so I could place them in my house for aesthetics.

I've also been holding out for livestock since Homestead was released. More NPC's also. Basically, things that would make my home feel more like the world around it.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts