The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

moved

• ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed several posts that are off topic. Please keep your posts civil and constructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    Lord wrote: »
    3,600 champion points earned ;)

What does someone at CP3600 even do? Fish?

Maybe or they farm raw materials :p
    In a few decades I will tell you more accurately ;)

Though I assume that when people reach those champion ranks they will continue to act normally in-game despite no more champion experience can be gained.
    After all extremely high champion ranks can't be used anyway due to the cap, so there is no difference between 691 champion point to 3,600 in a matter of practical use.

Edited by Universe on January 21, 2018 3:32PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Who forgoes some in-real-life events, other hobbies, or relationships so as to allow more time for ESO."

This criteria is strange to me. I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't sacrificed "some" things for more game time.

I have neglected to go to some real life events because I'd rather sit home gaming, yes. Usually events I didn't really want to go to in the first place. And I have allowed other hobbies to go by the wayside since I started playing MMOs, because I find MMOs more fun than the old hobbies. The hobbies I still find equally rewarding didn't take much of a hit.

Relationships? If I like some of my ESO friends more than a RL friend maybe the RL friend isn't all that great. If you get divorced and sell your house and live in a trash can then yes there's a problem.

My point here is that there are shades of grey. I would define a "no lifer" as someone who literally cannot function in the real world, can't hold a job, doesn't bathe, lives in a room filled with trash and has nothing in their life but the desire to play an MMO. Which is really more a sign of addiction and depression than having no life.

But what must be understood is there are a lot of introverts or else people with "boring" lives who are quite happy that way. I don't party, I don't travel, I've made cuts so that ESO is my primary entertainment expense, and I work from home and have a lot of time to play ESO, but I find my life extremely rewarding.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how some people define 'having a life' as being rich, having a college degree, having children, etc... but to me, 'having a life' means doing what you ENJOY DOING, and not defining yourself by someone else's standards. If you are HAPPY with how you are living, then by all means continue what you are doing. Because I have seen a lot of depressed people who are rich, who have a college degree and who have children... whereas I've met a lot of people who would be considered a 'no lifer' and yet they are happy and healthy. Go figure.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love it when people define what "life" is for others.

If you asked me, "no life" would be spending most of your waking hours doing something you don't enjoy... or at the very least it would lead me to question "what kind of life is that?".

Usually such individuals are very bitter/envious at others and make petty forum threads to try and make themselves feel better/justify their life choices.

Meanwhile, if playing video games is something you enjoy, you can't really fall into that category, can you?
    Edited by DDuke on January 21, 2018 2:51PM
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    @DoctorESO Are you trying to set a new record for Max Numbers of Threads created per day?

The number of times he has changed his forum icon is record breaking as well. I saw it change 3 times yesterday. I would have to guess it was because people stopped opening the threads associated with that picture after a while.
  • CrazYDunm3r
    CrazYDunm3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as you enjoy what you do, regardless of what it might be and it doesn't hurt others, you can call yourself happy. Every criticism towards your lifestyle is wrong in its own way if the person has no ties to you. Health on the other hand can be criticised, but not by strangers.
    YouTube
    Triggered Tryhards
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whether people like it or not, gaming is the future entertainment of mankind. It will shadow every other enjoyment and/or hobby BY FAR.

I will retire in a couple of years thanks to investing in gaming related stocks.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think if the number of dumb, useless threads created per day exceeds 2. So congrats.
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If he starts saying “bruh” it’s Champ lol
  • xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    xb1LL_mr_sir_LL
    ✭✭✭
    WGAF
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to no life in ESO I never joined a gang like my cousin and got arrested . Thanks to video games I never got involved with drugs and partying like my uncle who past away at a young age . Thanks to ESO I have kind friends that are just as supportive as friends that live down the hill and always pick me up when I am down . I am very happy to have no life at all . I've saved so much money , avoided so many troubles and had just as much fun and excitement . Here's to a wonderful no life in ESO !

giphy.gif
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_RyanM wrote: »
    We have removed several posts that are off topic. Please keep your posts civil and constructive.

Really? Because I look at "descriptive category for academic purposes" and I call bull ***.

There's no academic or otherwise socially redeeming value in calling anyone a no-life. The poster is using a derogatory term to bait, and all the original post tries to do is distance the poster from any responsibility in instances such as where you have already moderated. Leading any discussion or debate in such a way is irresponsible and I think we expect a little better on these forums.
    signing off
  • Chantclaire
    Chantclaire
    ✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Who are you to decide who is a no lifer? I have 14 cp 880 chars on a main account, and 6 cp 350 chars on my mule account. 2 other chars are not even lvl 50, so I have life.

I read that as you have 8 champion points and 880 characters lol
    Everyone has a plan, until their plan gets nerfed

Apparently the only Stamplar left on PC EU
  • Chantclaire
    Chantclaire
    ✭✭✭
    I am a no life sleeper

- I sleep more than 25 hours a week
    - sometimes if I sleep during the day then I can't sleep later
    - I sleep instead of going to real life events often
    Everyone has a plan, until their plan gets nerfed

Apparently the only Stamplar left on PC EU
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who was pretty addicted to this game for about six/nine months straight I can help out a little . My day consisted of getting up .. playing eso for about 14-18 hours straight , getting up only to occasionally eat or use the bathroom , and then going to sleep . I missed out on a lot of real life things ,stopped going to work/school, put off family and lost some real life friends because I was never around. Once it becomes an addiction and all you focus on (which is pretty easy to fall into with eso), that’s when you become a no lifer.

Had to put the Xbox up for a bit and step away to break the depressing cycle that I was living in.

XB NA
    High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

• kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who was pretty addicted to this game for about six/nine months straight I can help out a little . My day consisted of getting up .. playing eso for about 14-18 hours straight , getting up only to occasionally eat or use the bathroom , and then going to sleep . I missed out on a lot of real life things ,stopped going to work/school, put off family and lost some real life friends because I was never around. Once it becomes an addiction and all you focus on (which is pretty easy to fall into with eso), that’s when you become a no lifer.

Had to put the Xbox up for a bit and step away to break the depressing cycle that I was living in.

That is a bit much but I understand compulsion . Exercise is needed and if playing 14-18 hrs/day then that gets unhealthy at some point . We need a little sunlight so that we do not become naked mole rat peoples . I recommend 1/2 max for minimum tan and screen glare when returning to the monitor . Avoiding people irl has many benefits as avoiding deadly flu strains and cooties . Keeping a bottle of purell handy for those unavoidable get togethers with a surgical mask helps and cuts down on interactions that take away from returning to the game sooner . Friends think you have the cooties an say they got to go sooner . But just get that 20 minutes of exercise and eat right to be ok . Gaming 4-6 hrs a day max keeps balance enough to be good at work and the occasional once a month family get together . You are less likely to be injured in a car accident , run into crazy people or be cited for random laws by police when behind a monitor . In any case do what is best to stay happy and healthy !
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think "no-lifer" would fall under existential not category.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    25 hours a week

PLEASE, I did 15 hours a day for 3 years and YES I have no life and yes, I'm happy with my choices and no, I'm not 250 pounds, I'm as skinny as you can be without it being a problem
    Edited by JamieAubrey on January 21, 2018 6:38PM
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    LIFE is everything you do before you DIE. Might as well enjoy playing ESO while you can. B)
    Master Angler
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    [*] Someone who plays over 25 hours per week, which is more hours than a part-time job;
    Probably you were thinking about working week so 5 days from Monday till Friday without Saturday and Sunday. Because I spend about that amount of time playing on Saturday and Sunday only plus about 3 hours per days Monday till Friday, and I doesn't feel like I'm no-lifer.
    In my opinion no-lifer is a person who doesn't work or study, just stay in his room all days playing from dawn till dusk, with some breaks for eating, shitting and sleeping. I was such person during my last gap-year, but not anymore, since it's destructive and non-productive behaviour, even if I had enough saved money to live this way :).

PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 11:26PM
  • CMFan1966
    CMFan1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see....in my 20s I worked, partied HARD, eventually met my husband and had my first child.

In my 30s, I had a second child with special needs, still worked and raised babies/children

In my 40s, my life basically fell apart when I got sick, had open heart surgery, my husband got sick and I became a widow....and still worked.

Now I'm in my 50s, I still work, my children are adults, I'm still a widow with no prospects and no desire for any. If I want to spend all of my free time playing ESO, I've earned that right. My doctor believes that killing pixelated enemies is very therapeutic for me actually. It helps me deal with all the garbage that 'real life' can toss my way.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    One thing to remember is that it's not just hours played that's important. It's also how much the game interferes with your normal life. Regardless of how many hours you play, if there's no interference with your normal life, then you don't quality for the "no-lifer" category.

The reason that playing for more than 25 hours per week is one of the criteria is that there has to be a minimum threshold. At the low end of the extreme, someone who plays for one hour a week can't qualify as a "no-lifer" regardless of how much that one hour of game time takes away from normal life activities.

Bud, you don't get to dictate what others think. As has been rather obvious from the posts up to this point, what people think varies. Your definition is not mine, nor is it that of others here on the forum.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Where does the number of forum threads one creates fit into your assessment?

R
    E
    K
    T
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_RyanM wrote: »

Then tell the OP to stop posting annoying/stupid bait.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got raged the other night after killing a player 1v1 after bumping into them almost casually as you do sometimes between fights. It wasnt liek they were afk or anything and this player went at it as well.

They accused me of playing ESO 16 hours a day, that I had no friends and see ESO as a job etc etc. They raged that I was asocial and f-bombed me quite a bit. Then they said they were reporting me!

I kind of felt a bit sorry for them, something was clearly going on there.
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on January 21, 2018 9:55PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*