The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

A Question regarding User Settings and Loading Screens

Glockcoma725
Glockcoma725
✭✭✭
Wellpp I screwed up. To start this off I entered Wrothgar for the first time Sunday night, and I was having some very hardcore framerate issues, especially once entering Orisinium. My computers not the best of the best, but this is really the worse I've had during my 700+ hours of ESO. So after some google searches I get directed to the User Settings file. I changed the High Resolution Shadows setting, GPS Smoothing Frames setting, and Mip Load Skip Levels setting, attempting to give myself some extra frames in exchange for poorer graphics. What I got instead was an empty market, as players, stalls and npcs very, very, incredibly slowly loaded in. So I switched all the settings back to default, reloaded the game, and realized I screwed up.

The loading time for my next character spawn was close to 12 minutes. Hoping all was good, I fast traveled to Mournhold. 7 minutes. My friend wanted to do a pledge, so I joined the queue. Began loading a dungeon, and after staring at the loading screen for said dungeon for going on another 9 minutes and realizing most people in the group had already tackled the first boss, I turned the game off.

I've since began the uninstall/reinstall process hoping that sorts out whatever I've mucked up, but I won't know what effect that's had for another 4 hours of downloading/installing. So I wasn't sure if anyone had any advice, ran into this stuff before, or anything like that. I'm basically praying that all is good upon the installation and I'm back to just having a laggy wrothgar, because I'll take that over 10-15 minute load screens.

Any and all replies are appreciated as always, thanks!
PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    On a somewhat related note does anyone else have framerate drops while in wrothgar?
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Glockcoma725

There are two things you can try below that can sometimes help with loading issues.

If playing PC/Mac, you can try changing your game's graphical settings:
    1. Log into a secondary character.
    2. Press [Esc] to bring up the options menu.
    3. From that menu, select Graphic Options.
    4. Under Presets select Low.
    5. Log back into your main character to see if you can now enter the zone.

You can also uninstall your addons and try to log in again. To fully remove your add-ons, do the the following in this specific order:
    1. Exit the game
    2. Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live in windows explorer
    3. Rename Addons to Addons.old
    4. Rename SavedVariables to SavedVariables.old
    5. Check in-game to see if the if the issues persist.

Please let us know if either of these help.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the response, after a full uninstall/reinstall I then kept getting fatal errors upon launching the game. After running the repair tool in the installer all is well in the kingdom again. Thanks very much for your reply
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade