The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR

markdeloma
markdeloma
✭✭✭
The last time (since I returned to the game ~last half year) during the game, the computer constantly crashes. And this happens in a completely random way. This can occur 1 time per day or not occur at all. Or will occur every half hour of the game. At the same time I still play other games - for example, WoW, war tunder, nier automata and others. In this case, the computer crashes only in TESO. Just want to note that a few years ago when I played in TESO on another computer (with same hardware) (when was betatest and when there was a paid subscription) the game did not crash - never. It was under windows 8.
Now I have Windows 10, the latest drivers and updates. Reinstalling the game or resetting the drivers does not help. I can't use factory drivers - they only for Windows 8. What should I do in this case? Stop playing TESO? Is there no optimization of the program with medium-range cards? I have a Nvidia 640M and I am quite satisfied with the quality of the picture with this card. DDI version 12. But here the game constantly crashes and writes that there is an error with direct x.

Maybe someone knows the version of stable drivers for this video card that the game would not crash?

Please help!
Edited by markdeloma on January 13, 2018 11:41AM
Head of Emerald Turtle
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @markdeloma

Your DxDiag shows you have both an Intel HD Graphics 4000 and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M. The laptop may not be selecting the correct GPU to run ESO with.

You should ensure your video driver is selecting the correct GPU for ESO by opening either the NVIDIA Control Panel and ensuring that ESO64.exe is making use of your primary GPU.

NVIDIA
    1. Open NVIDIA Control Panel and select Manage 3D settings.
    2. Click on the Program settings tab.
    3. Under "1. Select a program to customize:" click the Add button.
    4. When prompted, click the Browse button and select eso64.exe. Default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\.
    5. Under "2. Select the preferred graphics processor..." select High-Performance NVIDIA processor.
    6. Click Apply.
    7. Close NVIDIA Control Panel and launch the game.

Note: The above instructions may change depending on version and unique graphics card. If you require further assistance, you should contact NVIDIA Support here.

You can also try adjusting the following settings:
    1. Open NVIDIA Control Panel, then Manage 3D settings.
    2. Go to Program Settings tab.
    3. Add the file you launch the game from by clicking on Add button.
    4. In the setting window, change the 'Power Management Mode' to 'Prefer Maximum Performance'.
    5. Open "Global Settings".
    6. Select the below settings:
      • Vertical sync- Off
      • Threaded optimization - off
      • Triple buffering - off
    7. Select the preferred processor as NVIDIA under global and program settings.
    8. Click on Apply.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • markdeloma
    markdeloma
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @ZOS_BillE
    Im downgrade my drivers to 353.62 and did settings as you wrote. Perfomance is normal. So now there isn't any DXGKERNEL error but sometimes now (~1 crash per day) TDR FAILURE (orange crash screen).

And I want to notice it mostly happen in dungeons. If Im just running in cities or Tamriel the game crashes very rarely
    Edited by markdeloma on January 16, 2018 7:04PM
    Head of Emerald Turtle
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @markdeloma

As you are still getting random crashes, the next thing you can do is start a ticket with customer support. When you do so, make sure to include a game consultant report. If you have any issues opening a ticket, please let us know.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post