The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nix-Ox Fabricant Steed Now Available in the Crown Store until Jan 15

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Programmed for obedience and fabricated for endurance, these synthetic Nix-Ox Steeds are the perfect mounts for ranging out from the Brass Fortress across the dangerous Radius. Taking it to the World Above? Keep it well lubricated and it'll carry you anywhere!

ba580dde786df5ea372ee0f18f0fa415.jpg

The Nix-Ox Fabricant Steed is available for a limited time on all platforms from now until January 15 for 3500 crowns.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would anyone with video capturing capabilities be able to do a quick showcase of this mounts sounds? I can't preview the roar/jumping animation in the Crown Store or hear how the mount sounds when initiating a sprint or landing from a jump.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    Would anyone with video capturing capabilities be able to do a quick showcase of this mounts sounds? I can't preview the roar/jumping animation in the Crown Store or hear how the mount sounds when initiating a sprint or landing from a jump.

I would expect it to sound a lot like the Dwemer spider mount when it comes to jumping, but I await word from someone who has already purchased it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, that price for starters
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3500 Crowns for a mount, which is only slightly different from a mount that Morrowind owners got for free?
    No, thank you.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stiffness of the body while moving finally makes sense. What looks awful on a living creature like the nix-ox fits a fabricant pretty well.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    3500 Crowns for a mount, which is only slightly different from a mount that Morrowind owners got for free?
    No, thank you.

I wonder how they come up with these prices. At some level, there's a supply and demand component. They must think that they would sell less than double at half the price.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought 3500 was reasonable, considering we've seen 4k mounts and this could have easily been a 4k mount.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on July 14, 2018 5:33PM
  • Funhammy
    Funhammy
    ✭✭
    It's cool but not 3500 crowns cool
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, thank you.

I wonder how they come up with these prices. At some level, there's a supply and demand component. They must think that they would sell less than double at half the price.

A lot of people are stuck on the idea that the are trying to maximize profits/revenue by selling a ton of the things. I am not thinking that is the case. I am not sure that I can convince people of that.

As to how they come up with the price? I think they have a sales goal, a rarity goal, and set the price accordingly.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 12, 2018 12:36PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, thank you.

It's an economic principle called the Veblen Effect. Perceived exclusivity makes some willing to pay exorbitant prices. If a Bentley were only 20,000 dollars, would rich people buy them?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention, 3500 crowns would be a bargain to the guy who tries to acquire it via crown crates in a year.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3500 Crowns is not that expensive if you bought them when they were on sale, I think they were like 1/2 off.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3500 Crowns is not that expensive if you bought them when they were on sale, I think they were like 1/2 off.

I was planning to buy some on sale, but I was waiting for the notification that the sale would be ending soon, which never came. So my funds remain intact.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    No, thank you.

It's an economic principle called the Veblen Effect. Perceived exclusivity makes some willing to pay exorbitant prices. If a Bentley were only 20,000 dollars, would rich people buy them?

It takes way more capital investment to build a 200k Bentley than a 10k Nissan Versa.
    It doesn't cost ZOS anymore to make a 10k gold horse as it does a 4k crown mount.
    Edited by kyle.wilson on January 13, 2018 4:45AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great, but a little too expensive.

I'll save my crowns for a new horse recolor.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't cost ZOS anymore to make a 10k gold horse as it does a 4k crown mount.

Sort of. There is an upfront cost to pay a graphic artist to produce the work. At that point, there is no further production cost of "creating" the horses. Once they recover the initial labor investment, everything else is pure profit.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. To many legs
  • RouDantes
    RouDantes
    ✭✭✭
    I love this critter! Could we have a larger resolution version of the image of him, please? I like using them as my desktop wallpaper.
    Cheers,
    Captain Rou Dantes