The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

You didn't want my money, ZoS? Fine.

Stania
Stania
✭✭✭✭✭
Since my ticket hasn't been solved, perhaps I could get some attention here.

As soon as the sale started, I bought a pack of crowns without problem. However, for the last four days, I tried several times to get also the 14,000 crowns pack, without success. Everytime I wanted to pay, I had a "Transaction not Authorized" message. Tried to buy other packs, same result.
I called my bank and they confirmed that the problem is not on their side, that my account and card are in good status and also they stated that no transaction request was received from you, ZoS, so that makes me think you somehow and for some reason, blocked any sort of payment from me (a problem on your system? or there's an issue with my account which you won't clarify?).
In these four days, I could buy from everywhere but your crown store page. My last crown purchase was properly registered on my billing history (both in profile and bank account), so I don't understand what's the problem.

I won't confirm if this issue was solved after today's maintenance now that your sale has ended.
PC NA server
¡Hablo español!
|vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
My characters:
<List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they dont need your money
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭

However, they welcome any sort of income. You could acknowledge they're not perfect and stop trying to defend the indefensible or avoid serious threads unless you have a constructive response.
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:

"Inspirational quote"
  • MetSnau
    MetSnau
    ✭✭
    I had/ have this exact same issue. Bank claims they're not receiving any kind of transaction attempt from ZOS, yet I get the "Transaction not authorized" error every time. Even got it with a prepaid card that doesn't have any billing info to check. Finally able to move some money to Paypal to try with them, then the store is down for a hour long maintenance and the sale is over.

Getting the customer service reps to actually read my ticket is like pulling teeth, in the end they just started repeatedly claiming it was my bank's fault - apparently they think my multiple attempts somehow traveled back in time to lock me out before my first attempt failed.

They certainly don't want my money, either.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stania wrote: »

However, they welcome any sort of income. You could acknowledge they're not perfect and stop trying to defend the indefensible or avoid serious threads unless you have a constructive response.
    LOL. He was making a joke about how they must not need the money, since they haven't fixed this issue. Calm down. He wasn't attacking you.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't an attack just a different point of view but maybe they cant find a record of you trying to make a transaction with them so think you just missed the sale and now trying to make a thread so you don't have to pay full price?

i mean just from working at a small business people try to pull *** like that all the time and we don't fall for it. but also on that note sometime they do look guilty as hell and turns out it really was just a system error or an error on our part. but it most cases, people are bad, and its obvious when they are.

but this also makes me feel bad for companies and understand when *** happens to me, because they cant help it and even if I'm not lying they last 50 people before me probably were so why am i different?
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • MetSnau
    MetSnau
    ✭✭
    This isn't an attack just a different point of view but maybe they cant find a record of you trying to make a transaction with them so think you just missed the sale and now trying to make a thread so you don't have to pay full price?

I don't know about Stania's situation, but ZOS confirmed they could see my attempts when I sent my ticket in a week ago, so they certainly have that capability. The general impression I got was that there's a bug in the system and the customer service reps don't know what to do, other than tell me to try again later and hope its my bank's fault.
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know, since I haven't received a response yet, the problem was existing for four days and I sent a ticket the last tuesday. They're processing the transaction request, because they validated and rejected it, otherwise I wouldn't receive any error message which don't correspond to client-side validations (I took a peek on their visible javascript), if they don't have a record of said attempts, it's a big designing flaw on their part, but I highly doubt that happens.
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    My characters:

"Inspirational quote"
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I also had (still have) this problem since last year. IF you gripe long enough(4-6 months) they will tell you that yes it is a problem. After telling you it's not for the previous 4 months. If you're lucky (6-8 months) they will tell you to just use paypal and stop complaining.

I am very serious, I've made tons of support tickets and had forum threads closed because "IT'S NOT A PROBLEM YOU HEAR!!!" I haven't been allowed to use my credit card since housing launched. I asked repeatedly why I'm not allowed to use it. "We can't tell you that."

So there you have it.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on January 5, 2018 4:07AM
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been a problem for years if you're trying to use a credit card directly through the website.

The only way around it that I'm aware of is to go the Paypal route.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here with PayPal.
    Tried a ticket, got it closed with a "your problem is solved now"-mail, when the "authorization"-thing still sits in my PayPal like a weeks-dead frog. Asked PayPal about it, got the answer only Zenimax can solve this when (or if?) they decide to cash in and give me my product in return.
    Customerservice was less than helpful, is playing dead (the aforementioned amphibian) instaed.

Seems they are really not keen on money.
  • Eirianbryn30
    Eirianbryn30
    ✭✭
    I found my credit card worked fine but not my debt card
  • HatchetHaro
    HatchetHaro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try using the PayPal option instead. I had the same problem on my debit card, and the bank confirmed that it was not their issue. Using PayPal worked for me, and it's basically the same thing.
    Best Argonian NA and I will fight anyone for it

17 Argonians

6x IR, 6x GH, 7x TTT, 4x GS, 4x DB, 1x PB, 3x SBS, 1x Unchained
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Stania

Please check your inbox as we have sent you a PM to follow up on your issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post