ESO stopped working on January 5th, 2018 + Gamepad mode problem

Pr0Skygon
Pr0Skygon
✭✭✭✭✭
Not even sure why this happened, but on January 5th 2018, this error suddenly happened, and is still happening. The launcher is fine, but once I press the "Play" button, what suppose to launch ESO, it instead greeted me with a black screen. I tried to wait, but after 30 minutes, still nothing happen. After that I try to press a few button and voila, "ESO has stopped working", and I forced to close it. It is still happening even after I've repaired, and even reinstalled the game from the ground up.

For some reason I can actually go to the "Elder Scrolls Online" files, and open eso64 manually, and it works fine. But then I realized even then something is missing: the gamepad mode does not work at all. It is still my same dualshock controller, using DS4 windows to run on ESO, it works fine with Steam and Blizzard games, but after January 5th, it has not been working.

Please help me out Zenimax :'( I want to jump into pts with my controller and launcher ready.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I would do is go into your /documents/Elder Scrolls Online/ folder and moving your UserSettings.txt file. Just drop it on the desktop or somewhere else so that a new file will be automatically created when you run the game. Sometimes this file gets corrupted and will cause some strange problems when the game starts up. If the game starts up normally after doing this, then you can just delete your old file. If not, then move it back where it was originally.
    Options
  • Pr0Skygon
    Pr0Skygon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might sounds crazy, but after I tried your solution, the game actually did launch after 10 minutes of waiting. But the gamepad mode is still not working, and now my audio is dead, i have no sound what so ever. Really need help now @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Options
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Pr0Skygon

The support ticket you've opened regarding this issue, 180107-001684, is currently being investigated. Please let us know if you run into any issues with your support ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • buldezir
    buldezir
    ✭✭
    My xbox360 wired controller for windows no longer works too.
    It worked fine all this years, but after recent updates(not sure which one) game just stop recognising it.

Windows 10 Home Edition, fully updated
    Options