The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can you please consider not giveing males lipstick in their Crown Crates

• elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    Eh we all get things we dont like in crates. This won't be changed. That being said, I too have no use of lipstick as I only create male characters and lipstick looks horrid on males. Though I suppose it'd be amusing dressing up my hairy orc in a dress with lipstick and bright eye shadow in Cyrodiil while killing people. Then I can say my looks could kill

^ this one did make me smile :/
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    elijafire wrote: »
    Orticia wrote: »
    If someone gets to opt out of certain items because they are male (or female, Argonian, or vegetarian, religiously adverse to tattoos, whatever). I should be able to opt out of the same items too. In short, if there is an opt out system for certain items for whatever reason, everyone should be able to opt out. So everyone has the same chance at items and avoid items they don't want.

So why do you hyper-focus on one of my suggestions while totally ignoring the other. Do you have anything valuable to add to the conversation or are you just trying to be argumentative.

I am not hyper focusing on an argument at all /are insulted by it able to get a certain set of items (lipsticks) because being a male you don't want to get those. Isn't that exactly what opting out is (manually by choice or opting out automatically because you hit some criteria, being male)? I am simply responding to what that would imply (an opt out system) and how to keep it fair and equal to everyone if ZoS would implement it. And why I think ZoS (obvious this is not a know as I am not ZoS) would not implement it, as it is loss of revenue for them.

What in this makes you feel so attacked by me? I am not even saying you should not get an opt out. I am just saying make it the same for everyone.

Granted the one thing i am not doing is putting lipsticks (using this as example as you mentioned those in the OP) into a category of their own (insulting to get for some). As I (personal view, not saying you have to share it) see any item as just a random item with no personal message to a player attached to be insulted by, as it is all random, not cherry picked for the player. Seems we disagree on this part and certain items do make you feel insulted. That's why I dropped that part from my argument, as I don't think it is my place to decide what you can or can not feel insulted by.

Ok my sollution then I think you might be ok with. Take out all generally considered gender specific items like lipsticks, certain hairstyles, dresses, beards, polymorphs/skins with a clear gender, out of the crates all together. Replace them with neutral stuff and put the pulled out stuff in the crown store for direct purchase instead. That way everyone has the same chance and options to get the specific items and avoid being insulted.
    Edited by Orticia on January 12, 2018 11:54AM
  • Stania
    Stania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather to simply be able to buy the items I want from the crown store without having to gamble and get truly offensive items (useless potions and food, I'm looking at you).
    PC NA server
    ¡Hablo español!
    |vet trial #1|vet trial #2|vet trial #3 HM|Another vet trial|a hard-to-get achievement|
    My characters:
    <List of characters that no one cares to know with their classes and roles>

"Inspirational quote"
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, this is heckka sexist!
    Sexist against Men who want to wear lipstick & sexist against Women who don't.

Either we All get to convert to gems/opt out or nothing.
    also.... female characters should be allowed to wear the facial hair.
    :)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elijafire wrote: »
    Those of us Males who do not want some of the offerings you force us to get in the crown crates. Including but not limited to Dresses, Lipstick and some hair styles.
    Eh. Crown crates come with useless crap for everyone - that is the gambling effect after all.
    You get lipstick that's useless to you, others get some costume they dislike, or body markings they would never use...
    That's the thing about gambling, huh?

Wish they had never added the crown crates inb the first place, and just sold -everything- normally, some of the rare things just vastly overpriced. But alas...

I also wish we could exchange stuff we don't like for crown gems as well (just like with the useless potions and foods), but that is not likely to happen either, since they want to incite us to buy more and more crates after all.

So, we all will continue to get stuff we don't have any use for if we buy crown crates to get some stuff we DO want. No matter if its lipstick or some other crud. That's how it is. Accept it - or boycott the crown crates.

• Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thematically speaking I don't mind the lipstick on my female toon, who is pretty much a mule,
    however, I get that sick feeling in my stomach when lipstick or a dress drops from a crown crate. I was talking to my GF and
    even she feels the same way when something drops that is meant for males (beards etc). I can sympathize with her
    reasonable feelings on the topic because it feels like a waste of money. I try to make all my characters have an
    established style that works for their personality, I'd rather the money spent on crates go towards them.

Although I don't care for lipstick and dresses, I do like the eyeliner my elf wears, but
    really though its not "eyeliner" on him, its deep black eye sockets although I get a lot of heck from people about it, but I think
    elves can pull something off that a Breton or an orc would look silly in.

Twice now I have had to explain to people though that he was not wearing makeup, it was just deep black eye sockets.
    When they say "no" its eyeliner, I have to stand my ground. I mean TECHNICALLY it is, but it's not supposed to be.
    Ohh well. I guess some people wont accept the role play scenario I made up to use eyeliner on my elf.

Generally speaking though, as I said I don't like to acquire items that traditionally are worn on females for my male toons,
    especially cosmetics or outfits that look ridiculous on male toons. I think its a bit unfair as females often look fairly
    normal in male attire (in my culture its not normal for men to wear traditional womens attire as its not
    designed to flatter the male body. That is why clothing exists in some forms, to flatter the body. If I could
    elect to not have makeup or traditional female attire drop in a crate, I would make that choice. I might not use a
    regal fly pet on my Breton or, orc, or elf...but they are pretty cool on argonians. They seem to theme well with them
    so it does not really bother me, but dresses and lipstick (and frankly tattoos) always give me that buyers remorse feeling.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I, for one, agree with OP, it's a very smart idea that would benefit us all. I'd love it if crown crate offerings were tailored to each individual player. If I could choose the range of rewards and limit them only to items I actually want, I might even start buying crown crates!

Alas, we all have to live with the current system and receive tons of items that are useless to us. I guess it wouldn't be gambling otherwise. *shrugs*
    Edited by Rosveen on January 15, 2018 5:14PM
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just prefer theyou get rid of crown foods and potions
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We recently removed a couple of unnecessary comments from this thread. We do not allow for posts that promote intolerance toward others based on their lifestyle or any other personally identifying factors. We want everyone to feel welcome on the forums, so please keep that in mind when posting.

If this thread continues to derail, we will have to consider closing it down. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your consideration.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a few crates with beards instead of lipsticks....
  • Sergg007
    Sergg007
    ✭✭✭✭
    how about the beard for women?
  • GCypher87
    GCypher87
    ✭✭✭
    36c3669b51d2155ebf90ac211c5cd928.jpg

Dudes can wear lipstick too
    PC: @Cyffr
  • KraziJoe
    KraziJoe
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what "chance" or "random" means? Loot crates have random items not specific items. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You lost with the lipstick...I lost with a rebreather I will never use. It happens.
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    GCypher87 wrote: »
    36c3669b51d2155ebf90ac211c5cd928.jpg

Dudes can wear lipstick too

Touche'
    KraziJoe wrote: »
    Anyone know what "chance" or "random" means? Loot crates have random items not specific items. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You lost with the lipstick...I lost with a rebreather I will never use. It happens.

No such thing as random in CS.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better idea: Can we take away the gender restrictions on stupid things, like HAIRSTYLES, EYELASHES, and a number of the JEWELRY/FACIAL ACCESSORIES pieces? I kinda' get the race restrictions (at least on things like the Bosmer antlers, the Khajiit ear tufts, and the Argonian horns/feathers), since they really are things that should be tied to the races/species, and/or are tied to pretty distinct differences in the way those models are rendered. But with how much we can rearrange the faces using sliders, it's ridiculous to say that ZOS can't make the effort to open up eyelashes for males (especially since they have opened them up for females of the races with non-standard skulls, and have allowed the use of things like lipstick on males, as well as on Argonians - albeit poorly, in the latter case). And the "male/female skulls are different" excuse for the hairstyles thing is just...ridiculous. Almost all of the hairstyles are available for males and females. This includes the long hairstyles. It's almost exclusively the facial hair, and a very few of the shorter ("more butch") male hairstyles that are not available for women. As a woman who wears my hair exactly like the hair on the guy in my avatar, and who also (thanks to "screw you" genes) has a natural beard that I have to remove, it would be nice to have the option of creating a toon that looks like me. But I don't get that choice, because ZOS has decided to restrict hairstyles by gender.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:44AM
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solution: stop buying random mystery boxes