Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Steam Linking

Ranger_SamII
Will I ever be able to link my ESO account to my steam account without buying a second copy of the game? It's not the end of the world that I can't I was just wondering if this will ever be implemented.
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, if you bought the game, i'm pretty sure you get a free steam key so you can play i though steam
  • Ranger_SamII
    I bought the game from Amazon and downloaded it via disc. I never got a steam key with it.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Ranger_SamII

If your version of The Elder Scrolls Online was not purchased through Steam, you will not be able to link your Steam account to your existing ESO account without purchasing a new copy of the game on the Steam platform first.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Ranger_SamII
    I know this. My question was simply if I ever would be able to link them without buying the game again?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this. My question was simply if I ever would be able to link them without buying the game again?

ZOS has never confirmed that this is something they're working on ... I wouldn't hold out hope for it.