The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Break your queue system during event that needs the queue

Goobly
Goobly
Soul Shriven
Yet another sign that no one that's in power of this game cares about anyone that plays this game. Have a major event that has a potential to drop great things, only to have the only way to get the event rewards seemingly purposefully break the day of the event start. Have a couple videos of a group just sitting there trying to queue for a damn normal random dungeon. Two of the groups were four people, no one declined. It's on purpose I don't see how any competent team of people could have things screw up so damn often. I've never played a game that screw up this much this often! How is this possible. Fire these people that obviously can't do their damn job, and keep a damn game running properly. ESO has been a freaking screw up one after another!
The majority of games launched in beta don't even screw up this damn much! It's pathetic.
Edited by Goobly on December 2, 2017 2:54AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The group finder didn't "seemingly purposefully break" the first day of the event.

Thing is, we've known about all of the bugs that are cropping up en masse right now during the event. People have been talking about them for at least a month if not several. There's the:
    • People getting the "Someone declined group" message
    • People winding up in already completed dungeons
    • People not being able to do DLC dungeons even though everyone in the group has ESO+
    All of these were known problems that ZOS didn't or couldn't fix. So when groupfinder got overloaded with people using it, naturally all those known problems have showed up effecting large numbers of players. Group finder breaking wasn't "seemingly purposeful" - that's conspiracy talk - it just broke along exactly the same lines that anyone paying attention to groupfinder's problems could have predicted.

Now, why those problems weren't fixed is another matter. After all you'd think ZOS would get their group finder all spiffed up for the Event, right? My suspicion is that these problems were happening randomly and rarely, so I don't find it hard to believe that ZOS found it hard to replicate them. Replicating the problem is the first step to solving it, so one thing this Event did was bring all those bugs out of the woodwork happening to large numbers of players. That's a lot of data that can hopefully be used to figure out what's causing the problem.

However, with PC/NA experiencing another round of the "Group Invitation has been declined" tonight, I'm not so sure that ZOS found the fix they were looking for during that maintenance period. That's disappointing.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As posted here, we are looking into ways to improve grouping performance and the grouping tool itself in the future. You can find further discussion within the linked thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post