The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How to activate the non steam freeplay weekend (nov.30 2017) ?

Ilona
Ilona
Soul Shriven
My friend has registered new account for free play weekend on this link https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/freeplay

but she can not log in to the game and there is only a message saying

"You have not yet made any game purchases. Please click Redeem Code below to enter your Game Registration Code or Buy Game to purchase the digital version. "

How to activate the free play weekend ? Is it live already ?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Did your friend first create her account from the link you pasted above? Or did she create an account, then visit that link?

If the latter, you could have her try logging out of her account, visit the link you have above, then create an account (even if she already has one).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ilona
    Ilona
    Soul Shriven
    She created PC account from the link https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/freeplay
    which then redirect to https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/free-trial
    After completing the initial free trial registration form she has been redirected to (personal data replaced with * )

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/users/************/signup_confirmation_trial?screen_name=******

Her email has been confirmed and account is activated but no trial exist on her account.

Are the free trial codes supposed to be sent by email or is the free play weekend going to be activated on all confirmed accounts automatically ?

It looks like the non steam free weekend registration is broken.
    After logging out we have created another account following the freeplay trial link . But the newly created account also can not login to the game and there is no trial key on the account.
  • Ilona
    Ilona
    Soul Shriven
    Follow up.

After 4 hours of delay the free trial has been activated on friends account.
    Now another problem arise. 500 crowns for new account is not being granted.

Can now log in but can not play.
    After a very long waiting time in queue there is an error 103. "can not obtain information from the server " over and over again.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe the friend should open a ticket? (That's faster than waiting on Forum replies)
    Usually it just works on xbox...I own it on PC so no idea but I don't recall needing any codes....also on the crowns, I wouldn't assume those are immediate as its a free weekend, maybe give it 24-48 hours but access, as long as they aren't doing some mix of Steam and non-Steam should be fine
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 30, 2017 11:15PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why would a free trail account get 500 crowns.

People are so entitled these days it is rediculous.

Buy the game if you want to play it!
  • Ilona
    Ilona
    Soul Shriven

Are you trying to help ? or just spamming useless comments ...

500 crowns comes as standard bonus for all new accounts.

From the ad:
    "All new ESO accounts are gifted 500 free crowns for use in the in-game Crown Store, allowing you to pick up some useful items such as potions, XP Scrolls, food, or an adorable pet! "

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe the friend should open a ticket?
    Usually it just works on xbox...I own it on PC so no idea but I don't recall needing any codes
    Ilona wrote: »

Are you trying to help ? or just spamming useless comments ...

500 crowns comes as standard bonus for all new accounts.

From the ad:
    "All new ESO accounts are gifted 500 free crowns for use in the in-game Crown Store, allowing you to pick up some useful items such as potions, XP Scrolls, food, or an adorable pet! "

Gotta ignore some comments on here...u got to

I do wonder if your friends issues are related to what we are experiencing on Xbox One now...see the banner alert and I see other posts about email codes coming hours later. Sounds like server overload that began with Dungeon finder issues ealier today even tho these should be different servers
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did your friend first create her account from the link you pasted above? Or did she create an account, then visit that link?

If the latter, you could have her try logging out of her account, visit the link you have above, then create an account (even if she already has one).

none of this works.

i have tried multiple times to set up a free trial.

created account normally - no way to get free trial. but the account created.
    create account using https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/freeplay - fill in everything then get url denied and a support reference number. it obviously does not create the account since i try again and the username is still available.

it seems the only way to do it is via steam - in 3 days time after it finishes downloading 66.6GB
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really should allow free play on existing accounts, even if there are no purchases against the account.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Night_Wolf2112
    Night_Wolf2112
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have to re-download the game for every new (free) account? Or just sign up/create account and sign in?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PC (non-Steam) I can say that if you already have the game installed, you do not need to install it again.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    any update to this? i want to have one of my friends try this but this same thing happening. i would also not have to make a whole new account, the name that she wants would not be available.
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am similarly able to create and account but not actually login and play. The client just rejects the user name and password as invalid.

It seems like perhaps a promo code to input might be a solution. In any case, it is currently a free to register, not free to play weekend.
    Edited by f047ys3v3n on December 3, 2017 10:20PM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems to be an issue again. Whats hilarious is that new players cannot post in forums without buying the game and getting a forum activation key.

Friend tried creating account , no option for free play exists. Friend stopped attempting playing.

RIP

(I tried to help out and created a topic in the help section and only got a generic create account steps through free-trial page response - on that help page btw theres NO mention of a code redemption - which would explain why they wouldnt see a free trial option)

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems to be an issue again. Whats hilarious is that new players cannot post in forums without buying the game and getting a forum activation key.

Friend tried creating account , no option for free play exists. Friend stopped attempting playing.

RIP

(I tried to help out and created a topic in the help section and only got a generic create account steps through free-trial page response - on that help page btw theres NO mention of a code redemption - which would explain why they wouldnt see a free trial option)

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE

You pretty much have to follow the Free Play instructions to the letter. No shortcuts. If you create an account outside of the instructions, you just have an account. That's it. You have to get the email from ZOS, click on it, and that seems to enable the trial.