The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUG] "Wildlife Sanctuary" achievement in Veteran Bloodroot Forge not granted

Meld777
Meld777
✭✭✭✭✭
The "Wildlife Sanctuary" achievement is bugged. Even when all adds spawn outside the "shield" and die outside of it without ever entering it, the achievement isn't granted.

Tried and succeeded multiple times. Please fix.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by Meld777 on August 17, 2017 11:28PM
Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Alanar
    Alanar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing the same thing.
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed that it is completely broken. I tried it only a couple of times, but a friend of mine spent literally hours on that boss, trying everithyng: let them enter for a second, keeping them completely off the sphere, keeping away everything else and million other variants - its absolutely broken
    Rawr
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still bugged? Wow, this has been since the dungeons were released.
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I haven't gotten this achievement yet, I know people who have, and they tell me that if you skipped any of the initial trash in the dungeon, it bugs out the achievement. Obviously, I haven't verified this personally...
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Although I haven't gotten this achievement yet, I know people who have, and they tell me that if you skipped any of the initial trash in the dungeon, it bugs out the achievement. Obviously, I haven't verified this personally...

Well, it is quite strange. I mean how can pre 1st boss trash be connected to the 2nd boss fight
    Rawr
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got this achievement as well, but I don't think it has anything to do with the trash before. It was the very first achievement we were trying to get and we didn't know any skips yet.

It was very random and took us 30+ clean tries to get it. Clean = none of the adds entered the "shield" and no flowers spawned inside it. I assume that the actual shield is just much larger than the visual effect, so you just need to get lucky.

Other than that, it's just a lot of RNG involved. Sometimes she spawns adds, then ports on top of an add, then activates the shield. Nothing you can do there.

Just keep trying. Eventually, you'll get it. And yes, it's annoying and needs to be fixed.
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friends are telling me this is still bugged out @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weird, I've got this achievement long time ago without any problems...
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you look into this guys? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I’ve done multiple “clean” runs with no mobs or flowers at all in the shield, and still no achievement. This is the very last one I need from the Bloodforge, maybe the requirement that triggers the achievement is written wrong?!

I’d really appreciate your follow up on this.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently just got this achievement for very first time. On my tank. In a Group Finder PUG.

I wasn't even trying to get the achievement. The group had pretty low DPS, and I think that helped because usually the boss will spawn the Preserve immediately after the adds spawn, but because the DPS was so low, the Preserve spawned several seconds after the adds appeared, which allowed me ample time to get them taunted and moved away. Again, I wasn't trying to get the achievement--just trying to make life easier for the PUGs. And it surprised me when I saw it pop up. Now I just need to reproduce that on the right character... and server. (I main NA but I got the achievement on EU, lol)
    Edited by code65536 on May 10, 2019 4:26PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... we tried doing this achievement several times today. We did a few supposedly "clean" runs, where none of the extra animals seemed to touch her forest at all, and still no achievement.

Finally, one of our group members asked around, and turns out that any animals that have entered/touched/been tainted by the forest get these floating red "tennis balls" above their heads. So we kept an eye out for animals with floating red balls, wiped a couple of times when they appeared, but got the achievement in the end when there were no floating red balls.

Hope this helps for anyone else looking to clear the achievement!
    Edited by Lariana on May 17, 2019 3:45PM
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • NerevarineLoL
    NerevarineLoL
    ✭✭
    Lariana wrote: »
    So... we tried doing this achievement several times today. We did a few supposedly "clean" runs, where none of the extra animals seemed to touch her forest at all, and still no achievement.

Finally, one of our group members asked around, and turns out that any animals that have entered/touched/been tainted by the forest get these floating red "tennis balls" above their heads. So we kept an eye out for animals with floating red balls, wiped a couple of times when they appeared, but got the achievement in the end when there were no floating red balls.

To be more specific we:
    1) Skipped the first two groups of trash
    2) Reset the boss (but not the instance) if at least one of the animals were glowing
    3) No animals touched the forest as far as we saw. The boss would usually spawn the animals and we would chain them ASAP before she would put up the forest as well
    4) Cannot confirm if no stranglers were present in the forest, but they should be irrelevant.

In general, it seems to be that the only issue with this achievement is the fact that the animals must never touch the sanctuary instead of being 3 seconds or less inside. Luckily, there is a visual cue for that.

I recommend to manage dps, to ensure that the boss first ports before spawning animals, to reduce the risk of the boss porting on top of some animals and putting up the wall.
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lariana wrote: »

To be more specific we:
    1) Skipped the first two groups of trash
    2) Reset the boss (but not the instance) if at least one of the animals were glowing
    3) No animals touched the forest as far as we saw. The boss would usually spawn the animals and we would chain them ASAP before she would put up the forest as well
    4) Cannot confirm if no stranglers were present in the forest, but they should be irrelevant.

In general, it seems to be that the only issue with this achievement is the fact that the animals must never touch the sanctuary instead of being 3 seconds or less inside. Luckily, there is a visual cue for that.

I recommend to manage dps, to ensure that the boss first ports before spawning animals, to reduce the risk of the boss porting on top of some animals and putting up the wall.

Oh, and one other thing that I could add to that is that we were staying reasonably far from the boss when the adds and subsequently the forest would spawn (which was roughly around 75%, 50%, and 25%), so that the adds would run towards us and avoid touching the forest to the extent possible. But sometimes we also got unlucky with that as the boss would randomly port around the area and occasionally on top of an add.
    Not even daedra have two left feet!