The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should ESO become cross-platform?

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    If it were possible, I'd be cool with it, assuming they locked down certain addons and made others available to console peeps.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    I don't like the idea of players with restricted interface devices and UI's being forced to compete with players that have modified UI's and custom input devices. It would really be quite unfair to the console players.

Also, it's not in Sony or Microsoft's interests to do this and they won't.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe
    I mean it could inflate numbers online and get rid of barriers between players playing the same game...

BUT then we'd have a mess for PvP (console players at an unfair disadvantage against PC players using borderline cheat (though IMHO full fledged cheat) addons like miats) and I'd imagine they'd be at a disadvantage in PvE?
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Yes and it is totally possible. Many games are already allowing cross-platform play between Xbox, Nintendo, and PC. Sony are the only ones against this because they want $$$ (they're winning with the largest player-base, so instead of helping the gaming community as a whole, they want to keep their control and force more people to switch over to their platform).

Minecraft is a good example of having cross-platform play right now over every single version of the game except for PS4. Fornite also had cross-platform play with PC, PS4, and Xbox One too at one point in time but it was "disguised" as a bug.

Granted, such a change will be massive on the economy and community, and a lot with be adjusted/change. However, it'll be worth the change IMO since it will allow friends to truly play together on ESO no matter what platform they prefer (unless it is PS4. Again, Sony are the only ones against cross-platform play).
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    PC and console versions are in my opinion too different. This could never lead to fair competition.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    No due to the added latency and no due to the disadvantage console players would have competing with PC players who have addons and console players do not
    Edited by dennissomb16_ESO on November 13, 2017 4:13PM
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed a handful of inappropriate and off topic comments from this thread. Please keep the discussion civil, respectful, and constructive. If this thread continues to be combative, we will have to consider closing it.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I don't know about cross-play, but it'd be nice to have cross-save so that I can play on my Xbox, pick up on my laptop during lunch at the day-job-to-support-my-ESO-habit, then come home and pick up again on my Xbox.

Yes, I have a problem.
  • Jpk0012
    Jpk0012
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Not possible, you think Sony and Microsoft want to mix players? That's whta determines this.

And for everyone who thinks that there's a huge play difference between gamepad and kbd/mouse... a lot of PC players use controllers and gamepads.

I'd venture to say its not possible for technical reasons. Why would they care if we are together on a server? After all, we are together at the office and school.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »
    More scrubs for us PC players to destroy in cyrodiil would be greatly appreciated. Rek them while they are turning their canera around :D

I play both and I have seen how you "scrubs" play on PC believe you me that you would be surprised at how competitive PS4 PvP players are.

Psst, your PC spell checker isn't working! :p
    Edited by TequilaFire on November 13, 2017 5:13PM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe
    ITT: The argument for and against segregation
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    No because they can't even get it to work properly with all the platforms separate. Imagine the cluster fudge it would create trying to merge them. PC should definitely be separate with their ability to use add-ons.
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    While I'd be fine with Xbox and PS crossplay, any crossplay between PC and console gets a hard no from me.

90% of the reason I play my multiplayer games on console and not PC is so I don't have to deal with crap like Miats "add on" and the like. If I get killed in PvP, I'd like to know that it was because I was outskilled not out addon'd
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    Cross platform, merge servers yes. I don't want to have to play against the pc master race with all their add ons
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Should it? Yes.
    Will it? Never.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More scrubs for us PC players to destroy in cyrodiil would be greatly appreciated. Rek them while they are turning their canera around :D

I know right you can just use miats like a scrub
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    As much as I would love to be able to play with people I know on other platforms, I think the bad would outweigh the good.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    No... Just no....
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    you want to see console players dismembered? no consoles should be completely removed, only then players can truly learn what it is to be a pro!
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I believe ZOS will eventually be forced to merge when population dips to a point it becomes a necessity.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe
    I would love it to be cross platform. But I think that console players would be at a disadvantage in pvp. Due to fps cap on consoles being set at 30 even if they were playing on the ps4 pro or the new Xbox one.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    I don't care either way really, but console players would really be at a disadvantage without addons.
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.

Pc players crack me up. Everyone I've known who has played on multiple platforms says that console has a larger number of talented pvp players than pc does.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    It could be fun, but it may also come with a lot of bad... not sure.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Zorvan wrote: »
    It would be fun to play with PS4 players some really good pvpers but I’m okay with playing with the pc cheater race

So much scrubby salt.

So much cheaty obvious...
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    keyboard and mouse would rule over controller for flexibility and response control.

and then all of the consoles would have the same balance issues PC has with regards to Miat's/bar swapping addons/Cheat Engine.

Edit:
    I think they can combine all the consoles into one segment. but it might be a coding nightmare and sony/microsoft will loose their control on their locked gaming experience (which is why PC gaming is important and still a large chunk of the gaming market despite consoles having a more robust multi-media entertainment experience.)
    Edited by Minno on November 13, 2017 6:43PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Square Enix doesn't seem to have issues with cross platforming, FFXIV is out on PC and PS4 and now that XB1S is out they are finalizing to release on that platform as well.

Would I like to see it?
    Yes
    Will it happen?
    Probably not.
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    How many times can I vote "No"?

I have a very nice PC for gaming. I choose to play on Xbox and deal with all that comes playing on a console so that I can get away from PC Chea...Add On fan boys. If Zo$ ever forced me to play with PCs, I would never pick up the game again. Simple as that. Add ons are fine in a game like EQ. A game such a this? My opinion is obvious.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    How many times can I vote "No"?

I have a very nice PC for gaming. I choose to play on Xbox and deal with all that comes playing on a console so that I can get away from PC Chea...Add On fan boys. If Zo$ ever forced me to play with PCs, I would never pick up the game again. Simple as that. Add ons are fine in a game like EQ. A game such a this? My opinion is obvious.

Add ons that just help the player keep track of their own stuff is fine, like price checking and trait research, but when you get into combat add ons.... problems.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Motherball
    Motherball
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    It should be, and probably would be if it werent for the whiners on both sides. Another example of something being spoiled by a small fraction of complainers.