The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Support told me to update my drivers, game performance dropped drastically

Chromatose
Chromatose
Soul Shriven
Right now I am dealing with an infuriating issue where 19 times out of 20 the game refuses to let me load into my character, citing an error without a code, just the vague words; "An error occurred. Please try again in a few minutes." Solving this is bad enough, but for some reason the support team suggested I update my NVIDIA GTX 960 drivers. I figured that this would do nothing to solve my problem since my in-game performance was perfectly fine, and this is a login issue, but out of respect for the suggestion I did it anyway just so the support could progress.

Now when I rarely load into the game after trying again and again and again to log in, my performance is far worse. Before I would get well over 60fps, but now after taking the support teams suggestion not only do I still have to contend with the game logging me out whenever I transition between zones and the game rarely letting me load in, not only do I have to deal with this while my premium time just ticks away in the background, but now the game runs with a really significant frame drop.

Getting ESO to run has been a horrendous experience. I picked it up in the Humble Monthly, but I never would have done that if I knew it would mean downloading double the games size, contending with the launcher, having a ton of login issues, and now having my game performance compromised. I just want to be able to play the game! I have never had this much trouble with any other game ever.
This discussion has been closed.