The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[PC/EU] Major Connection Issues, getting progressively worse

RPGrenade
RPGrenade
✭✭
I was able to log in and play extensively after the patch yesterday, but now I am having huge issues with getting into the game. At first, I was able to log in, albeit with massive lag, but would get disconnected after a short period of time. As I began to relog, it started just preventing me from getting into the game entirely. I've tried rebooting my computer, and I can't even get in far enough to try disabling add-ons (although I don't know if that would help, as I was able to play with them enabled yesterday without issue).
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. I managed to log in after several error messages, then got kicked off after ~5 minutes and now I can't log in. Sometimes I make it to the character select screen and then I'm forever stuck loading, other times I get various errors before the character screen.

My internet connection is really strong and working fine, so I don't think it's my connection
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    update: I stopped trying to log in for about 20min, then managed to log into the actual game but my ping was 999+ and I got kicked off again after 25sec
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • RPGrenade
    RPGrenade
    ✭✭
    I managed to get to character select on a recent try after waiting a while, turned off all my add-ons, but was still not actually able to get in game.
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the same issues.

Log-in will either hang or get me to character selection, which also might kick me. Even if I get in, I get ping fluctuating between 200-999+.

Getting Error 301 and Error 304 constantly.
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've managed to stay logged in and play for 20min or so now. My ping is spiking really often though
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
  • Mithalarin
    The game has been terrible for the last few days, and Frontier Fios is having major issues all over. Not sure what it is, but every time I get into ICP I crash to desktop.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone still experience Error 301 or other connection issues after the maintenance today, please try the troubleshooting below if you've not done so.

Power cycle and then test your network

If playing on PC/Mac, you should also try turning off your modem or router for 10 minutes before rebooting.

Add ESO as an exception to your antivirus software

Each antivirus program is different, and we recommend you view your antivirus developer's website for full instructions on how to add exceptions.

The application files that may require exceptions are:
    • Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what players should use. If required by the antivirus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\

Forward the game ports

To best access The Elder Scrolls Online you should configure you routers to open the following outbound ports:

All Platforms
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    • TCP Port 80
    • TCP Port 433
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post