The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game making my internet stop working.

juddjudd500ub17_ESO
juddjudd500ub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Ok I can log on normally play fine pretty much but with lag most of the time I'm around 50 mbps down, 5-6 up 40-60ms on any speedtest I do. Now when I log off the toon I was playing and try to either switch toons or just log off my internet wont work for several minutes. This happens every time and only after logging out of the game or just trying to switch toons while still in game. I would think this is some kind of issue with my modem or router but it literally only happens when I'm logging out of this game. I literally just tested this again 3 times in a row everything running great for an hour surfing the web then decide to check if I sold anything game starts up fine laggy a bit like always but nothing major sold a few things great. now I log out and boom internet is down for about 3minutes. log back in 2 more times to test aand yup everytime I log off a toon whether its leaving game to do something else or just switching toons my internet goes out for a couple minutes any help would be greatly appreciated because having to log in and out everytime just to switch toons is getting old.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There are a couple of things you can try to troubleshoot what is causing you to lose your connection. Listed below are some of the steps you can take that may help resolve this problem from occurring.

Power cycle and then test your network

If playing on PC/Mac, you should also try turning off your modem or router for 10 minutes before rebooting.

Add ESO as an exception to your antivirus software

Each antivirus program is different, and we recommend you view your antivirus developer's website for full instructions on how to add exceptions.

The application files that may require exceptions are:

ESO_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe (by default)

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what players should use. If required by the antivirus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\

Forward the game ports

To best access The Elder Scrolls Online you should configure you routers to open the following outbound ports:

All Platforms
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507
    • TCP / UDP Ports 24300 through 24331
    • TCP Port 80
    • TCP Port 433

Check for updates

If on PC/Mac, you should also ensure that the ESO Launcher has downloaded and installed all available updates before logging back in. If on console, we also recommend completely closing out the game and allowing the system to check for game updates before restarting the game itself.

Reset the ProgramData folder

You can also try resetting the ProgramData folder:
    1. Close both ESO and the ESO Launcher.
    2. Open the game's installation directory.
    3. Open the folder named Launcher.
    4. Inside the "Launcher" folder, there is a folder named "ProgramData".
    5. Rename the "ProgramData" folder to "ProgramDataBackup".
    6. Open the launcher and download update.
    7. Click Play.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post