The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Dear Zennimax: I'm Very Dissatisfied!!!

Teletesselator
I purchased the game about 3 years ago and it was great except for the fact that there was no manual or sanctions instructions.
With almost every change Zennimax made the game got less and less interesting and less and less challenging.
Because the current state of this game's lameness has rocketed to such a point I have canceled my Plus Membership.
With all the player, mob, npc, zone, and monster scaling the game has become a challengeless walk-thru of nothing more than pretty graphics and item collection.
And that would almost be OK if there were new maps every month or two and the bank-space was unlimited or in the thousands of slots somewhere (with proper field sorting ofc!).
Since neither is the case this game has become nothing more than a graphically beautiful but repetitious source of frustration and drudge.

When domiciles were announced I thought there was hope for more storage slots - so I stayed a bit longer - but no such luck! It turned out to be nothing more than a fund-raising tool for Zennimax. :( So I was about to cancel but stayed because Morrowind was then announced. When Morrowind was announced my ESO-Plus account should have covered it - or so I thought. After all, Morrowind is nothing more or less than the free Craglorn update was - in fact actually, Morrowind is quite a bit less to tell the truth - far less in fact! Yet Zennimax asked for about $45 more for it - what a rip!!! I was a sucker... :(

Anyway, I canceled my subscription about 15min ago and during the process it offered an apology (I guess for being so lame and greedy?) and suggested that I contact you. This post is me contacting you. :) BTW, I am one of a 6-person gaming group of friends and I am the last (if only by a few days) to have canceled my subscription. I read this message to them and they all agreed with the above statements - so, I'm speaking for 6 people.

Are you seeing a big increase in subscription cancelations? It's such a shame too, this gave up till about 2 years ago was great - and then little by little, change by change, well, I already said what happened.

Good luck in the future Zennimax! I hope you can learn from your past mistakes.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In before the inevitable lock ...
    bye1.gif

Edited by SirAndy on October 16, 2017 5:12PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who cancelled months ago, I wan you that your desire for more storage will be compounded by the lack of crafting bag. Even I found it a challenge to adapt back to not having a craft bag, and my interest in the game is largely limited to trials and PvP at this point. For someone who is already struggling with a lack of space and storage, you may be underestimating how dissatisfied you might be when your sub runs out.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Teletesselator
    Reverb wrote: »
    As someone who cancelled months ago, I wan you that your desire for more storage will be compounded by the lack of crafting bag. Even I found it a challenge to adapt back to not having a craft bag, and my interest in the game is largely limited to trials and PvP at this point. For someone who is already struggling with a lack of space and storage, you may be underestimating how dissatisfied you might be when your sub runs out.

Yeah, unsubscribing essentially means I likely won't be playing the game at all. As I mentioned, the game has become extremely boring after all the changes they have made to it. And if they ever decide to think for themselves and stop letting the short-term players dictate the content direction then all that stuff will still be there.

Basically this is a note to them though and not meant as a discussion thread. I didn't see any area designated for actual feedback so that's this is here.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    bye1.gif

We can talk about canceling subscriptions as long as it is not a good bye thread.
    With almost every change Zennimax made the game got less and less interesting and less and less challenging.

Because the current state of this game's lameness has rocketed to such a point I have canceled my Plus Membership.
    With all the player, mob, npc, zone, and monster scaling the game has become a challengeless walk-thru of nothing more than pretty graphics and item collection.

And that would almost be OK if there were new maps every month or two and the bank-space was unlimited or in the thousands of slots somewhere (with proper field sorting ofc!).

Since neither is the case this game has become nothing more than a graphically beautiful but repetitious source of frustration and drudge.

I hear you and have similar thoughts as my subscription is coming up in early December for renewal.

While we seem to agree that the game is getting more boring, we disagree on the reasons. For me, One Tamriel and the level scaling introduced a whole new reason to subscribe. Yes, gone are the days of running in where Angels fear to tread, but we got a world that was 3x larger in trade. It was a start. There is so much more they need to do to finish One Tamriel, and I know they probably won't get to it.

For me the problem is that the game is getting boring because they stopped innovating and there is no indication that they have big plans for the game anymore. They are just doing more of the same, and what they do roll out, feels incomplete. Housing was uninspired. Morrowind was nice, but less than it should have been. Clockwork City is also nice, but it isn't anything that will give the game a shot of adrenaline that it needs.

ZOS feels like they are coasting, now. I'm not sure that is worth a subscription renewal.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bye1.gif
    We can talk about canceling subscriptions as long as it is not a good bye thread.
    Are you sure about that?
    shades.gif

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bye1.gif
    Are you sure about that?
    shades.gif

I know right?

Definitely looks like a good-bye thread to me ... surprised thread hasn't been locked already.

And the point that most needed to be emphasized was level scaling??? : facepalm :
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Since this is essentially a goodbye thread, we are going to go ahead and close it down. It is our policy to read the feedback from a goodbye thread and then close it down, regardless of whether or not the feedback is positive or negative. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.