The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is my XBox at risk with all the constant crashes?

Krayzie
Krayzie
✭✭✭✭✭
Everyday it seems the game is becoming horrifically more unstable....

My Xbox makes horrible audio sounds every time I play, multiple times in an hour because of the crashing.

It sounds like it's dying
I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
  • Argah
    Argah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to do with eso, you get crashes once every 5 hours or so but your problem is the Xbox itself, had a bad one too got really bad and louder over time before I had to replace it with a slim which hasn't made a bad sound in a year.
  • mikecrci
    mikecrci
    ✭✭✭
    It's perplexing to me how Xbox still managed to sell even after the "red ring of death" fiasco, with the Xbox having an astonishing 52% failure rate.

• andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikecrci wrote: »
    It's perplexing to me how Xbox still managed to sell even after the "red ring of death" fiasco, with the Xbox having an astonishing 52% failure rate.

Care to provide a source for your 52% failure claim?
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argah wrote: »
    Nothing to do with eso, you get crashes once every 5 hours or so but your problem is the Xbox itself, had a bad one too got really bad and louder over time before I had to replace it with a slim which hasn't made a bad sound in a year.

You sure it's not because they half [snip] a port? this is my 3rd Xbox on 5 different internet providers with exact same issues.

Doesn't matter if I'm on DSL or fiber

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on October 17, 2017 5:31PM
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikecrci wrote: »

After losing a 360 to the RROD, I vowed never to buy another xBox.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They did a terrible job porting this game to Xbox One. Pretending otherwise is ignorant.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty sure ps4 has the same crash problems xbox 1 has, the game was poorly designed for consoles, no doubt about that.

but yes, xbox 1 is inferior to the ps4, we will see if the xbox 1 x can redeem itself...
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be your Xbox one but in my experience it’s this game.
    Perhaps play another game to better confirm if it’s your console or the game.....if it’s the console, perhaps see if your warranty applies.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

They did a terrible job porting this game to Xbox One. Pretending otherwise is ignorant.

Bethesda has a history of delivering hilariously buggy games, so no surprise that ZeniMax online would as well.
    Skyrim on ps3 was so bad I bought the pc version.
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be your Xbox one but in my experience it’s this game.
    Perhaps play another game to better confirm if it’s your console or the game.....if it’s the console, perhaps see if your warranty applies.

Every other game for Xbox plays perfectly except Friday the 13th =[

Ya, it's not the Xbox lol, it's just ZoS has terrible servers

Seems like there's a pretty prevalent memory issue as well
    Edited by Krayzie on October 15, 2017 1:35AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just ESO, people think it's some kind of Memory Leak problem, over time the game just uses up more Memory as you play until it can't load anything anymore and crashes to Dashboard. ESO is the ONLY game I've ever played on an Xbox that straight up crashes like this.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    It's just ESO, people think it's some kind of Memory Leak problem, over time the game just uses up more Memory as you play until it can't load anything anymore and crashes to Dashboard. ESO is the ONLY game I've ever played on an Xbox that straight up crashes like this.

Yup, never have I ever played a game so poorly maintained
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

too true
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like your Xbox is possessed...make sure you drench it thoroughly with holy water...should fix it good...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Sounds like your Xbox is possessed...make sure you drench it thoroughly with holy water...should fix it good...

It is not just mine =[
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see this was moved away from the general forums to one that will draw extremely less attention from the public and even the staff members won't respond to this.

Guess if you admitted it was breaking my Xbox to play this you'd have some type of law suit on your hands, huh Zenimax?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are experiencing crashes in ESO on your Xbox, please make sure you've gone through the troubleshooting found here. If you still have issues with crashes or performance, you can contact customer support for further help.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    If you are experiencing crashes in ESO on your Xbox, please make sure you've gone through the troubleshooting found here. If you still have issues with crashes or performance, you can contact customer support for further help.

Wow how useless
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    IDK I play on Xbox and I don't crash a ton like you are making it out. It crashes every now and then but its usually a result of being in an overpopulated area such as Vivec city. If I do get a crash which isn't uncommon but isn't common once I load back in I don't have any issues.

Does your xbox make grinding noises? Mine was making some crazy [snip] noises right before my disc drive broke. Don't wait until it eats your game to get it fixed because Xbox lost my disc and it took me a month to get it all straightened out. They eventually gave me my Morrowind Collectors edition back in digital form but it was a nightmare!

Overall I like Xbox everytime I have had an issue they have fixed it and gave me fair compensation. For instance I had several Xbox 360 and dealt with RROD multiple times but everytime Xbox fixed it for free and in one instance even gave me a brand new xbox.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 5, 2017 4:57PM
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK I play on Xbox and I don't crash a ton like you are making it out. It crashes every now and then but its usually a result of being in an overpopulated area such as Vivec city. If I do get a crash which isn't uncommon but isn't common once I load back in I don't have any issues.

Does your xbox make grinding noises? Mine was making some crazy [snip] noises right before my disc drive broke. Don't wait until it eats your game to get it fixed because Xbox lost my disc and it took me a month to get it all straightened out. They eventually gave me my Morrowind Collectors edition back in digital form but it was a nightmare!

Overall I like Xbox everytime I have had an issue they have fixed it and gave me fair compensation. For instance I had several Xbox 360 and dealt with RROD multiple times but everytime Xbox fixed it for free and in one instance even gave me a brand new xbox.

It's a totally known problem since launch, there's no question or ignorance about what is actually happening.

[Snip].

[Edited for quote]
    [Edited to remove bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on November 5, 2017 4:58PM
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Krayzie wrote: »

My Xbox makes horrible audio sounds every time I play, multiple times in an hour because of the crashing.

It could be. After playing lots of ESO my xbox hard drive became slower in loading other games. Everyone have few seconds advantage. There are plenty of stupd bugs that stress xbox to the limit and ZOS wil never fix them. Why? Because it's ALWAYS YOUR FAULT, OP and ZOS is always right!!! Sounds familiar..
    Edited by Surgee on November 4, 2017 11:01AM
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭

Stop the the BS and fix your ****
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surgee wrote: »

Stop the the BS and fix your ****

Isn't that just an ignorant response by ZoS?
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krayzie wrote: »

I get this problem, but only with Eso. That horrible grinding sound when the game freezes or crashes. Every other game like warframe, destiny, neverwinter etc., plays just fine with no issues. Don't let people tell you it is your console. It is not. It's Eso and a problem on their side that has inhabited the game since Orsinium and they have never fixed it.