The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Epaulet/Pauldron Bug

Greifenherz
Greifenherz
✭✭✭
After changing my character's gender with the appearance change token I've soon noticed that the majority of epaulets and pauldrons were grotesquely oversized in the crown store motif previews. At first I thought this was just a crown store issue since the size change wasn't very apparent on the armor I'm using (medium Hollowjack), but I grew increasingly paranoid that the pauldrons I'm using were affected as well.
A moment ago I finally decided to test things and crafted the pauldrons that were simply the hugest when they shouldn't be - orsimer medium pauldron. This proves that it's not only a bug in the preview of the crown store, but one that affects my character as a whole. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
pm5v7erpy1wo.png
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    Bump! I really want to enjoy looking at stuff with my main character again please. :c A simple acknowledgement of the issue would go a long way for me, too.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump! I really want to enjoy looking at stuff with my main character again please. :c A simple acknowledgement of the issue would go a long way for me, too.
    Forget the "bump", because replying to your own OP doesn't change the order in which it is displayed in the list of OPs. Else, with regard to changing the gender of a character, I have no experience.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    In the image that you've included, the pauldron-fit issue is quite clear. Why it exists remains to be determined. Armor-fit issues, especially with shoulder pieces, have often been reported in other contexts as well.

On the face of it, the appearance of an armor piece in inventory changes when it is equipped by a character to "fit" according to the character's gender as well as apparent body size and type, and race. That is why an Argonian, a Khajitti, an Elf, an Orc, or a Breton/Nord/Imperial can equip the same armor pieces irrespective of the racial style of a piece. As far as I know, there would not be any gender differences in weapons, jewelry, or in other items which a character might equip, such as a polymorph or a disguise.

As it stands, perhaps the best remedy is to also buy the "appearance change" feature, too. Using that might resolve the issues as to whether pauldrons and/or other gear fit your specific character.

Edited by Shadowshire on October 9, 2017 10:47PM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you, I appreciate the response! Someone in my guild said that this is an issue when changing the torso sliders? But I already bought an appearance change token that resulted in this, I don't want to buy a second one because the first one screwed up...That's rewarding ZOS for messing with the customer.
    Edited by Greifenherz on October 10, 2017 9:14AM