The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I just want to cancel my account

TigerSeptim
TigerSeptim
✭✭
Hello- I'm trying to cancel my game account with The Elder Scrolls Online. I've tried emailing both support and accounts @elderscrollsonline.com with the result, "Google couldn't send your message." So I hopped over to Support, which lists plenty of articles on how to cancel one's ESO Plus subscription but it seems info on canceling one's account is scarce. I tried the support portal, but it has nothing on the subject.

Zenimax, it is very simple. You put me in touch with a real human being or I will ACT as if my account were deleted and not visit this site or play the game again. i.e. you'll have lost a customer.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that the game is B2P it isn't really usual or even necessary to cancel an account, it stays active even if you cancel your subscription. However, if you really want to cancel it as in lose all access to it forever then you will need to submit a ticket I imagine, and show proof that you are the account holder.

I'm confused as to why you're saying that if ZOS don't meet your demands to cancel the account they will have lost a customer - in what way would that be any different to a customer's account being canceled?
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Given that the game is B2P it isn't really usual or even necessary to cancel an account, it stays active even if you cancel your subscription. However, if you really want to cancel it as in lose all access to it forever then you will need to submit a ticket I imagine, and show proof that you are the account holder.

I'm confused as to why you're saying that if ZOS don't meet your demands to cancel the account they will have lost a customer - in what way would that be any different to a customer's account being canceled?

None, but it sounds cool when you're angry.

OP, give away or vendor trash all your mats and gold and gear, delete all characters. You'll never be tempted to pick the game up again, and you can uninstall with peace.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on September 30, 2017 3:20PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP does not make sense.

To quit the game just stop playing. That is the official answer.

OP is not paying for anything and his account will be there waiting for him/her when they want to check it out again.

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this thread hurts my head!
  • ZOS_MattL
    ZOS_MattL
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there,
    We are closing this thread as we do not allow goodbye threads on our forums.
    Regards,
    Matt
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.