The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Wardens

• C0ndor
    C0ndor
    ✭✭
    CSessions wrote: »
    You mean the section that has nothing in it? LOL, that totally fits the information we're getting on Warden fixes

3fahv36bx2qb.png
    uq56rr5haonb.png
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C0ndor wrote: »
    You mean the section that has nothing in it? LOL, that totally fits the information we're getting on Warden fixes

3fahv36bx2qb.png
    uq56rr5haonb.png

Says nothing about the maturation passive that never allows you to go to full health

Says nothing about stealth

Says nothing about Swarm

Says nothing about crit chance

Says nothing about CP tree mis/correct buffs

Says nothing about Impaling Shards missing
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3fahv36bx2qb.png
    uq56rr5haonb.png

Says nothing about the maturation passive that never allows you to go to full health

Says nothing about Swarm

As mainly a pvper, i'd prefer if they don't fix swarm honestly, so I can go deep into Master at Arms, and almost nothing on thaum :p Also cool fact, Growing Swarm procs both scathing and neri making it a quite decent setup on aoe fights.

No, but actually, and most impotatntly, says nothing about the crippling dps issues the class has.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • C0ndor
    C0ndor
    ✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

3fahv36bx2qb.png
    uq56rr5haonb.png

Says nothing about Swarm

As mainly a pvper, i'd prefer if they don't fix swarm honestly, so I can go deep into Master at Arms, and almost nothing on thaum :p Also cool fact, Growing Swarm procs both scathing and neri making it a quite decent setup on aoe fights.

No, but actually, and most impotatntly, says nothing about the crippling dps issues the class has.

Yea me too :D
    Bout the stealth i’m pretty sure it work as they want to if you intend that blue Betty puts you out. What do you intend to cp tree bug?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3fahv36bx2qb.png
    uq56rr5haonb.png

Says nothing about Swarm

Given how long it's taking them to fix fundamental bugs, I don't think we should hold our breath about an actual buff to the class. ZOS just doesn't care about the warden. They stuck them on posters to sell Morrowind. Now that the Morrowind buzz is over, they can focus on their next project. The warden fulfilled its purpose. Fixing the class and its myriad of problems isn't going to make ZOS more money.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 26, 2017 11:53PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Bird is only an issue because xv11 ranged spam. IMO warden is one of the easier classes to deal with in smallscale, because their burst is telegraphed. Tbh to increase PvE dps you need to beef up fetcherfly and the bear quite a bit.

Only issue I have is the constant tree spam.

Birdspam just encourages people with no skill to use it and maybe the shalks. Making em dodgeable would require them to be a tad bit more creative, but other than that, the damage they do and stuff is fine for pve.
    Indeed the treespam also needs to chill. Maybe increase cost?
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bird is only an issue because xv11 ranged spam. IMO warden is one of the easier classes to deal with in smallscale, because their burst is telegraphed. Tbh to increase PvE dps you need to beef up fetcherfly and the bear quite a bit.

Birdspam just encourages people with no skill to use it and maybe the shalks. Making em dodgeable would require them to be a tad bit more creative, but other than that, the damage they do and stuff is fine for pve.

The damage they do in PvE is absolutely not fine. It's 20% lower than the other magicka classes. Magicka wardens are insta-kick in most endgame content.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 27, 2017 1:13AM
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear isn't proccing scathing is this intended? Winter's revenge bar swap is also freezing character on PS4. So is there a running warden bug list?
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on September 27, 2017 1:30AM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bear isn't proccing scathing is this intended? Winter's revenge bar swap is also freezing character on PS4. So is there a running warden bug list?

It's impossible to tell right now what's intended to be direct/dot/etc
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking about swarm and it being direct damage. It seems to be a rip off of cripple which is also direct. I hope it stays. They have more direct Damage skills. If they switch it I think it will be a nerf.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking about swarm and it being direct damage. It seems to be a rip off of cripple which is also direct. I hope it stays. They have more direct Damage skills. If they switch it I think it will be a nerf.

Every magicka DPS needs 75 points in thaumaturge for the +10% damage passive. But even if they didn't, DoTs are way more important than direct damage in PvE.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every magicka DPS needs 75 points in thaumaturge for the +10% damage passive. But even if they didn't, DoTs are way more important than direct damage in PvE.

That passive is strong but the warden is mostly direct damage currently. I found much more dps gain from master at arms. I went more of a mNB approach and it was more successful for my parses
    Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on September 27, 2017 5:44AM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

• Talrol
    Talrol
    ✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »

Have you actually tried PTS? Maturation bug is fixed. (or at least could not reproduce it in short time I was willing to waste on it)

I had tested it prior to this patch and it was still broken, I was at work when PTS was down and since there was nothing in the patch notes about a fix I could only assume that it had gone unaddressed.

I just logged into PTS and did about a 5 minute test and the results were as follows:

Casting a heal on myself did not grant minor toughness at all originally while standing in town.
    Casting a heal on myself after being hit by a mob granted minor toughness properly.
    Reapplying a heal did not refresh minor toughness if I was at full health already.
    Reapplying a heal with hit points missing refreshed minor toughness even when overhealed.
    Any form of healing that I could cast on myself did not remove the buff and reapply it, it appears as if the buff is refreshing the timer on it now instead.

@ZOS_GinaBruno as you are the one that puts the patch notes out, it would have been nice to have included this in the patch notes. I'm curious what other ninja changes that were left out of the notes.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Have you actually tried PTS? Maturation bug is fixed. (or at least could not reproduce it in short time I was willing to waste on it)

I had tested it prior to this patch and it was still broken, I was at work when PTS was down and since there was nothing in the patch notes about a fix I could only assume that it had gone unaddressed.

I just logged into PTS and did about a 5 minute test and the results were as follows:

Casting a heal on myself did not grant minor toughness at all originally while standing in town.
    Casting a heal on myself after being hit by a mob granted minor toughness properly.
    Reapplying a heal did not refresh minor toughness if I was at full health already.
    Reapplying a heal with hit points missing refreshed minor toughness even when overhealed.
    Any form of healing that I could cast on myself did not remove the buff and reapply it, it appears as if the buff is refreshing the timer on it now instead.

@ZOS_GinaBruno as you are the one that puts the patch notes out, it would have been nice to have included this in the patch notes. I'm curious what other ninja changes that were left out of the notes.

They left plenty of bug fixes from patch notes. Or at least I assume, because I jumped to test two unrelated bugs I was most annoyed by and both are fixed without mention. One was maturation and second was rapid maneuvers not giving you any buff if you already had expedition on.

I wish they would include what they fixed. Some things like netch beam in stealth I cant test and cant even trust people testing it (because it was not consistent bug) so knowing they did changed something would made me feel better.
    Edited by SodanTok on September 27, 2017 10:47AM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

3fahv36bx2qb.png
    uq56rr5haonb.png

Says nothing about Swarm

Yea me too :D
    Bout the stealth i’m pretty sure it work as they want to if you intend that blue Betty puts you out. What do you intend to cp tree bug?

Im pretty sure the stealth issue is not intended since Gina ALREADY said they are working on fixing it and it is not intended.
    Apologies, everyone. We are aware this has been broken for some time, and are working on getting it fixed.

No fix for the maturation passive "damaging" people you heal either.
    We have a fix for this in the pipeline for our next update.
    Edited by Jade1986 on September 27, 2017 11:21AM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Warden has the slowest and the most telegraphed burst combo, though.
    If they would just keep damage and everything the same and make wardens dodgeable, anyone whos not blind (or at least has Miat's addon) will just avoid all their damage.
    This is exactly why cliffracers arent dodgeable. It is a bad design, but it needs a rework, not a nerf. Nerf would just make the class useless in everything, not just pve dps.
    I agree that the healing ult is too strong for its cost, though.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Warden has the slowest and the most telegraphed burst combo, though.
    If they would just keep damage and everything the same and make wardens dodgeable, anyone whos not blind (or at least has Miat's addon) will just avoid all their damage.
    This is exactly why cliffracers arent dodgeable. It is a bad design, but it needs a rework, not a nerf. Nerf would just make the class useless in everything, not just pve dps.
    I agree that the healing ult is too strong for its cost, though.
    Finally someone that gets why, in its current state, birds can't be dodgeable.

• ZOS_Wrobel
    ZOS_Wrobel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for providing feedback on the Warden! We’d like to chat about some things we’re planning to do for this class. First, we’re aware that Lotus Flower doesn’t currently work with medium attacks, and will be fixing this. We’re also working on the issue where you can see the beam from the Betty Netch while you’re stealthed. This is certainly less than idea, and have a fix for this coming. Additionally, we’re looking at decreasing the strength of the heal over time from Secluded Grove to maintain a cheaper Ultimate. This will reduce the overall effectiveness of the Ultimate, but still provide the Warden access to a burst heal.

Some of you have noted that you’d like to see more DPS from Magicka Wardens, and we’ll be looking at the DPS across all classes and specs for a future update. We’re also looking into ways to improve the bear in PvP scenarios to prevent him from running everywhere, and also improve how Warden abilities work with animation cancelling.

Thanks so much for all the feedback thus far, and keep it coming!
    Lead Combat Designer
    Eric Wrobel
    Staff Post
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, @ZOS_Wrobel , we - I mean those players who want to love this class - need buffs, not just fixes and especially not nerfs.
    Edited by SirCritical on September 29, 2017 7:18PM
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Wrobel wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone for providing feedback on the Warden! We’d like to chat about some things we’re planning to do for this class. First, we’re aware that Lotus Flower doesn’t currently work with medium attacks, and will be fixing this. We’re also working on the issue where you can see the beam from the Betty Netch while you’re stealthed. This is certainly less than idea, and have a fix for this coming. Additionally, we’re looking at decreasing the strength of the heal over time from Secluded Grove to maintain a cheaper Ultimate. This will reduce the overall effectiveness of the Ultimate, but still provide the Warden access to a burst heal.

Some of you have noted that you’d like to see more DPS from Magicka Wardens, and we’ll be looking at the DPS across all classes and specs for a future update. We’re also looking into ways to improve the bear in PvP scenarios to prevent him from running everywhere, and also improve how Warden abilities work with animation cancelling.

Glad to hear there is a fix coming for Lotus.

@ZOS_Wrobel Any plans to fix Maturation passive, where you can't heal the last 10% of health.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGIvtjYVwjg

it also happens on Mag Warden as well, I notice in dungeons the other players pretty much never have full health bar because of this issue.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »

@ZOS_Wrobel Any plans to fix Maturation passive, where you can't heal the last 10% of health.

it also happens on Mag Warden as well, I notice in dungeons the other players pretty much never have full health bar because of this issue.

plz go test it yourself before complaining or at least this thread. It is fixed.
    Edited by SodanTok on September 29, 2017 7:21PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, thank you Wrobel so much for this, we really needed to hear which were your thoughts on the class' performance overall, glad to see that you seem to be on the right track.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on September 29, 2017 7:25PM

• Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

plz go test it yourself before complaining or at least this thread. It is fixed.

I don't have the PTS installed, and there has been no mention of this issue being fixed in ANY patch notes.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feral Guardian - this ability is too unreliable. Adding gap closer to it would make it work wonderfully.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you! This sounds like the correct way to go about solving the issues of Wardens atm. Warden animation cancelling is much more difficult to accomplish during combat-intensive raid scenarios, and their DPS very much needs help!

Here is a thread where I compared DPS in as fair a way as possible between Magicka Warden and Magicka Sorcerer with many DPS parses along with what could possibly be a good direction to take for helping them:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/364868/buffing-warden-dps-in-pve-please-read-zos/p1

Lastly I'd like to inform you that Scorch seems to be activating about 0.1sec off from the duration of a Lightning Staff Heavy Attack. In other words, if you use a fully charged Lightning Heavy Attack into a Scorch cast, then Lightning Heavy Attack again and immediately cast Scorch (repeating this process of Lightning HA -> Scorch -> repeat), the visual effects for Scorch will play but the damage will not actually fire off. The damage needs about 0.1sec more time to fire off when you cast your next Scorch. This causes the class to have more rotation issues than it probably should since you cannot use Scorch in this basic way.

Don't be afraid to make the Cold element a tool for both tanking and damage-dealing plz.....
    Edited by Vaoh on September 30, 2017 12:49AM
  • Dakmor_Kavu
    Dakmor_Kavu
    ✭✭✭
    I get that warden dps is a big issue, I would love to see if there's any word on adding some group buffs to the warden arsenal that are more unique, to help them in support roles especially as healers.

Right now they have GREAT raw healing but don't bring nearly as much group buffs/utility as a templar. I would love to see more reasons to use them as end game healers who can really be a viable choice to run with in vet trials.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get that warden dps is a big issue, I would love to see if there's any word on adding some group buffs to the warden arsenal that are more unique, to help them in support roles especially as healers.

Right now they have GREAT raw healing but don't bring nearly as much group buffs/utility as a templar. I would love to see more reasons to use them as end game healers who can really be a viable choice to run with in vet trials.

^
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't have the PTS installed, and there has been no mention of this issue being fixed in ANY patch notes.

Well, not in patch notes. But in this thread it was :) Literally on this page.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Wrobel

Thank you so much for this. With these fixes and the promised fix for the Maturation passive, this will make the Warden a lot more fun to play with.

But I do have a suggestion for Secluded Grove (+morphs)

Why not, instead of decreasing the HoT, increase the cost for this ultimate and rework both morphs of this skill to give Wardens more utility for PvE healing? Maybe in a way that Wardens can run this skill instead of Warhorn.

Wardens in PvP would still have a strong burst heal, but without near constant uptime (unless they build for it), and it'll make them more effective for PvE healing
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1. Bear needs to be single slot, it is not good enough to warrant 2 slots.
    2. Netch should be brought up to normal major brutality times, at least to that of DK which has it at 39 seconds.
    3. Lotus and falcons swiftness need an increased duration, 16 and 10 seconds is too short.
    Edited by Jade1986 on September 30, 2017 12:13AM