The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 16 - Feedback Thread for Sorcerer

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Sorcerer. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the changes on the Rune Prison and Crystal Blast abilities.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh great, as if sorcs weren't annoying enough, now they have an unblockable cc as well as talon rip too.

Buff streak, nerf shields.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still can't see anyone using crystal blast in pve, as the ability just has too long of a cast time and there are better abilities to use. It's a loss.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah let's give the most insane pvp class the most insane pvp cc. Why does nightblade even exist at this point, I don't know..
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So sorcs have a superior version of Talons, and now the same skill as Petrify with a more useful defense morph? While having better damage and mobility and shields than Dragonknights?

Give Rune Prison something else instead of making it a clone of a DK skill.
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    Throw stam sorcs a bone. Like a single class spammable or something.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a nerf to rune prison just leave it as it is. On live you can use it to drain the enemy off stamina (especially good against magicka players with zero investment in stamina) and kill them with DOT skills. But now its a measly 2.5 sec. stun. This change is only useful for defensive rune spell.

If you want the skill to be useful make it so that it cant be dodged as its not a projectile or make weapon enchantments not break the stun.
    Edited by Ankael07 on September 18, 2017 8:20PM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a direct sorc change, but the Asylum destro is going to be terrifying on sorc in PvP.

Obviously it's an all-class ability, but I'd hazard that sorc is the most common force pulse chassis, and is already very effective with it.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaysins wrote: »

The second strongest stam class and one of the best for PvP?
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs should not have a non-disorient CC that goes through block and dodge. That is going to be cancer in PvP with the sheer amount of timed burst available to Sorcerer.

The change to Prison should absolutely not go Live.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorcs shouldn't get a cc like that since they have high burst and hyper mobility y'all basically gave the fossilize which is one of the best cc's in the game to a class that is arguably the best in pvp a cc like that.

all that does is take away a unique thing from a class that's weaker in most aspects of the game

and I doubt any good player will pick the other frag morph the other morph is to good only why isee people to pick it is turn it to stam
    Edited by lucky_Sage on September 18, 2017 11:00PM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Raghul
    Raghul
    ✭✭✭
    Why not make crystal blast a stamina spammable? Just readjust the damage and remove the cast time, make it physical damage and let it cost stamina :) spamming rapid strikes or shrouded daggers is getting old, a cool looking class spammable would be greatly apprecieted !
    Aeg4n

The Flawless Conqueror
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm here to make sure I get a spot on the ark when the floods come in and wash us all away.

Buffing sorcs is the lulzyiest thing I have seen in a long time. Thanks for that, unlike many, I am here for entertainment purposes only. Games are fun, thanks zos !
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Give us crystal blast as a insta cast chance aoe skill that procs on stamina skills dont even need a 10% dmg buff give us that aoe
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    So sorcs have a superior version of Talons, and now the same skill as Petrify with a more useful defense morph? While having better damage and mobility and shields than Dragonknights?

Give Rune Prison something else instead of making it a clone of a DK skill.

Not the same. It is with 28m/36m range. But why not?
    Because I can!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These forums just never change. Sorc OP yada yada when it's stamDKs and stamNBs ruling. YMMD.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can the Balance Team please, PLEASE give some attention to Twilight Tormentor (damage morph of Winged Twilight)?

It is a damaged based morph that's active ability DOES NOT FUNCTION for 50% of any given fight, yet it's base damage is IDENTICAL to Twilight Matriarch... as a result the Twilight Matriarch is just flat out better in almost all cases (the exception being 12 man Trials, where most people won't use summons to begin with).

Twilight Tormentor morph needs to either apply a debuff (Minor Fracture or something), or it needs to have better base damage than the Matriarch. Please, this has been unaddressed for years now and it remains a terrible, terrible morph.

On a similar note, it would be really nice if Bound Aegis was actually summon related... the lone defensive buff the morph adds feels like nothing and it's the only Daedric Summoning skill that has no real benefit to your summons: the only benefit it has is +magicka which other abilities ALSO have. It could strengthen your wards on summons, maybe... actually effect them somehow directly.
    Edited by Transairion on September 19, 2017 10:32AM
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is where i laugh at the crystal blast change ? I mean, now its even better to make you stand (almost) still for a second while the zerg is rushing at you. . .
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Lifecode666
    Lifecode666
    ✭✭✭
    This class needs to be nerfed, It is way to strong in all aspects of the game.
    Up the hornz
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed a few comments that were baiting and disruptive. We ask that you please keep your posts civil and constructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I have some extra bar-slots please to fit run-cage in..? Still can't justify taking it over the other 'must-have' skills. At least the old defensive rune could go on the overload bar...

Ideally sorc skill-changes should have been done in a way to provide alternatives to the 'must-haves' to allow for playstyle options.
    Edited by Biro123 on September 19, 2017 12:37PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for Sorcerer. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the changes on the Rune Prison and Crystal Blast abilities.

Rune prison:

Changes sound ok - but multiple targets? Sorcs are already very strong cc-wise...

The skills shouldn't do damage on expiration, by the way: Breaking free often does not work in PvP. Instead, let them apply an effect: Rune Cage applies Minor Breach, and Defensive Rune Minor Maim.

Chrystal Blast:

Give this Morph either to the Stamsorcs, or to the Conjuration fans. Stop trying to make it an AoE alternative. Here an example to how to make this skill awesome without jeopardizing PvP or PvE endcontent balance:

Chrystal Transformation:
    You encase yourself with Dark Chrystals, reducing the damage you take by 70% for 2 seconds and immobilizing you. After 2 seconds, you take over the shape of a Dremora Lord wielding a greatsword for 18 seconds. While being transformed, using a heavy attack causes you to charge towards the target if it is not in range. However, due to the struggle between you and the daedroth you possess, you cannot use skills or ultimates as long as you are transformed.

This skill scales off your highest attribute.
    Edited by Thraben on September 19, 2017 12:54PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah let's give the most insane pvp class the most insane pvp cc. Why does nightblade even exist at this point, I don't know..

Look at your fear, still the best CC in the game hands down.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we please have a change to Boundless Storm?

Stam Sorcs have this cool Thunderform that expands as it goes on, and Magic Sorcs have a Thunderform that really does nothing but a short speed bonus.

My Suggestion For Lighting Form:

Lighting Form - Manifest yourself as pure lighting, shocking nearby enemies with lighting dealing X Shock Damage every 1 second for 15 seconds.|The storm grows in size the longer the storm builds around you increasing up to 9 meters in size,While in this form you gain Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280.
    • Hurricane - Manifest yourself as pure air, buffeting nearby enemies with wind dealing X Physical Damage every 1 second for 15 seconds.|The winds grow in damage and size the longer the hurricane builds around you, increasing up to 150% more damage and up to 9 meters in size.|While in this form you gain Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280.|Also grants the Minor Expedition buff at all times while it is active.
    • Boundless Storm - Manifest yourself as pure lighting, shocking nearby enemies with lighting dealing X Shock Damage every 1 second for 20 seconds.|The storm grows in size the longer the storm builds around you, increasing up to 9 meters in size. While in this form you gain Major Resolve and Major Ward, increasing your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5280. Grants Major Expedition increasing movement speed by 30% for 6 seconds

Simply put, make Boundless Storm grow in size like Hurricance does(the name is Boundless Storm afterall), the difference between the two morphs will be:

Hurricane increases damage and grants Minor Expedition for its duration

Boundless Storm lasts longer and grants Major Expedition for 6 seconds.

Many Magic Sorcs would appreciate some love being given to their version of Thunderform...it will still do the same damage it does now, it would just be more fun to see it grow in size.

Thanks for the opportunity to give input.

Edited by RinaldoGandolphi on September 19, 2017 2:03PM
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

The second strongest stam class and one of the best for PvP?

Ah, that's the reason why I barely see any of them in PvP.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think re-introducing an unavoidable CC like the new Rune Prison is a wonderful addition to the sorc's burst rotation. I've been yearning for this since Streak was made blockable. Gameplay hasn't felt right ever after.

BUT!!!

Sorc burst potential is high. To offset, it's predictable and avoidable. Even the old Streak was somewhat difficult to set up, keeping the combo balanced.
    A max-range, longer lasting Rune Prison will probably be too strong with all that now guaranteed burst.

Suggestion:

The execute, Mage's Fury.
    It has been requested numerous times to change this ability. It is causing problems in Battlegrounds and Cyrodiil alike. It is not needed for PvE to stick to a target, and as an execute, its damage is surprisingly low.
    I think this is the right moment to make Fury a normal execute. No lasting effect for 4 seconds, but make it start scaling at 25% HP, like Impale.
    This should solve a couple issues with certain game modes, justify the new powerful CC, and make it more appealing for PvE (many good PvE'rs don't even use it currently). And it would give a vigilant enemy the chance to break free from the stun and block, dodge or shield the execution.

Overall, I think the change to Rune Prison was much needed and should remain, but it cannot go live without other balancing changes.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lord-Otto

I'd not oppose a change to Fury/Wrath. To compensate the threshold should be increased to at least 25% and the damage adjusted. I think it doesn't make a difference though. People would whine about any Sorc skill that kills them.

Edit: I think it would be sad to lose another distinctive skill to the harmonization that is called "balance". Less and less class skills are truly unique. In my opinion having 5 skills that are called different and a different animation but work totally identical is boring. Fury is one if the last interesting skills we still have.
    Edited by Feanor on September 19, 2017 3:50PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lord-Otto

Mage's Fury needs to be left alone. it doesn't scale till 20% other executes scale at higher health. Magicka Sorc is DESIGNED to kill with "Delayed Damage" (Curse + Mage's Fury + Crystal Frag) If you change Mage's Fury you will not be able to kill anyone with half a brain in PVP.

Other executes work differently because other classes have much better toolkits to kill.

Take Magicka Nightblade as an example, Assasin's Will is the hardest hitting Nuke in the game, it hits so hard you don't even need Impale to kill most people. Magicka Nightblades also have a cheap ultimate in Soul Harvest that defiles, does high damage, is cheap, and increases your damage against that target allowing all your skills to hit like a truck...thats reason Magblades don't have anything like Mage's Fury.

I just used Magblade as an example, but every class has different toolkits, and the Mag Sorc toolkit does not and will not work if you change how Mag's Fury functions.

They already killed the Sorc snynergy with Streak.

Back in 1.X Streak was a disoreint so not only did it go though block, it also did not give CC immunity.

this mean you could prime a target with Curse and Fury, Streak though them and if you got a Frag proc you could knock them on their arse...that was the synergy for Sorcs and they destroyed it completely and Sorc is way weaker now as a class because of it.

We don't need that happening with Mage's Fury...Sorc is supposed to kill with "delayed damage":The devs have even said they don't want Mag Sorc to have a class spammable because thats not how the class is designed. You take way the 4 sec Mage's Fury and you will not be able to kill competent players in PVP and it just may be the end of the class completely.

There is a one second delay between the time you cast Mage's Fury and when the lighting hits,70% of my Mage's Fury casts are dodged now(the initial lighting strike never connects) if you take away the 4 second tag, gg you will never kill anyone with it....ask Magblades about how impale works out for them....luckily Magblades have Soul Tether and a mega-nuke in Assasin's Will(hardest hitting nuke in the game by a large margin) they don't even use impale anymore because its useless and doesn't work....

Mag Sorc is desinged around delayed damage and without that 4 sec tag, they don't have Assasin's Will to make up the diff, not a hard hitting ultimate like Soul Tether...you will wreck the class with that change.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mages Wrath/Endless Fury should have its execute timer reduced to 2 seconds from 4. This will retain this ability's strength when used by skilled sorcs that know how to properly time and layer burst damage, but diminish its ability to just be spammed by anybody to get leech killing blows.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do ZOS even play this game?
    PC EU
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @RinaldoGandolphi

Believe me, I dreaded how they butchered Streak CC. The combo you mentioned is what I was referring to, a fluid, enjoyable strategy.
    The difference now is that Streak required proximity and "turning around". It also needed no CC break, 1.5 seconds isn't worth it if you're in stamina trouble.
    The new Rune Prison seems vastly superior to that. An instant kill combo from 36 meters away can be devastating to Cyrodiil. I feel like something should be nerfed to justify the CC, but keep it balanced. I felt Fury is a good candidate. I can not judge whether that would break sorc burst. I think not.
    But, what would you nerf in exchange?

@Feanor

In tandem with what I said above, yeah. Fury is weird, in that it's not a good execute in PvE, but a mean burst skill in PvP. Closing the gap between them seems like a good idea to me.