The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Xbox chat group

xDODGE
xDODGE
Soul Shriven
Hello. Ever since HOTR update, whenever I enter a group I am kicked out of chat and can not enter a chat. I am in guild chat or area chat fine until I enter a group. As soon as I enter group I can not get into the chat. Sometimes it will show me who is in the chat but not my name and I can't hear anyone or talk myself. Sometimes is shows me only in the chat but my name won't light up when talking so I know it's bugged, and sometimes it shows 0 people in the chat. Sometimes it keep trying to get into chat and fails and keeps trying making the sound ques. Idk what's going on but please help before I give up on this game. And don't tell me it's my internet because it's worked fine from launch until HOTR.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Deleting the local save data may help with the issues you are having with joining chat groups. Please be aware that deleting the local save data will not affect your character data or game progress.

Xbox One
    1. From the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to My games & apps.
    2. Go to Games.
    3. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    4. Select Manage Game.
    5. Highlight and select Save Data.
    6. Select Delete.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ComboBreaker88
    ComboBreaker88
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Deleting the local save data may help with the issues you are having with joining chat groups. Please be aware that deleting the local save data will not affect your character data or game progress.

Xbox One
    1. From the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to My games & apps.
    2. Go to Games.
    3. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
    4. Select Manage Game.
    5. Highlight and select Save Data.
    6. Select Delete.

Yeah.. no. This does not help. As it is not an xbox issue. It's a command conflict issue in eso. @xDODGE you need to pull up your text chat menu and type: /reloadui -this will reset your user interface as the game has attempted to log you into multiple chats at once and simply deleted the access to the newest one. Cheers.
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    The deleting the saved data recommendation seems like BS from my experience - I've had this issue off and on since the Imperial City DLC, and any help request I put in to ZOS gets this stock response. Sometimes it fixes the problem, sometimes it doesn't, but it seems to have the same level of success as doing a hard reset of the game itself.

Thanks for the tip on that, ComboBreaker88, I'll try reloading the ui when this issue inevitably comes up later this week.

The fact that this issue has been around for so long, and we're still just provided with a generic remedy leads me to believe that ZOS has no clue on how to fix this problem. It seems like enabling players to interact with each other in a MMO game without having to resort to XBox party chat would be a priority, but I guess it's not bringing in the cash.
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    Surprise, surprise - I experienced the chat issue described above numerous times while trying to play over the weekend. I first tried using the /reloadui command, which did not work, and then deleted my local save data, which also didn't fix the issue.

Eventually, I just logged out, and it was fixed when I got back on later that day.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fine deleting the save game cache after every update does make things a bit smoother. But unsure for this specific issue, I've used reload UI with some success.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yo, while we're at it, can you stop us entering group chat when we join a group. At least bring a prompt like the travel one.

Most of us are grouping from guild chat and want to stay there. Not mess around joining chats back and forth.