The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

an error has occurred

NeFLiM
NeFLiM
Soul Shriven

I created a character, this did not raise any problems. but when I click play, it produces an error "an error has occurred". I tried to fix it, but I could not. I could not enter the world. my computer meets the maximum system requirements. help me please!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Have you tried disabling addons and seeing if your character can login? If not, please deactivate all of your addons and try logging in to the game again. If you are now able to log in, one of your addons was blocking your access to the game. You will then need to enable them one by one to see which is causing the problem.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Horrum
    Horrum
    ✭✭✭
    Ive started getting this error was well since yesterday. Disabled addons etc. Judging by the forums there are a few more getting this error :/

• NeFLiM
    NeFLiM
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Have you tried disabling addons and seeing if your character can login? If not, please deactivate all of your addons and try logging in to the game again. If you are now able to log in, one of your addons was blocking your access to the game. You will then need to enable them one by one to see which is causing the problem.

Oh my God. I just bought the game .... and I have no idea what addons are ... but the menu with the name "addon" is empty, there are no files in it
  • Horrum
    Horrum
    ✭✭✭
    Neflim where in the world are you by the way? I am hearing stories of this solar flare causing issues across Africa, the Atlantic and part of the EU with power and internet connectivity.
  • JoolsHy
    JoolsHy
    Soul Shriven
    Hello,

Since around three weeks I am geting error "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again."
    It happens when I try to log in to any of 5 characters I have. If I manage to get in I can play for some time till I need to teleport or enter some place or it logges me of with massage "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again."

I already played game for 1200 hours and never had this problem before. Last three months I didn't play much because of work, but did loggin from time to time to sell staff.
    Two months ago, before last petch, I changed my hard drive because Disk Sentinel showed it is not healthy (12% healthy). This caused long loading in game, and also disk was 100% active while playing ESO.
    Than I put one SSD disk (240GB) and one hard drive (1T), did clean installation of Win 10 64bit. I think game worked properly, can't remember didn't spend much time in it becaus of too much work.

Than, three week ago when I finished with work and wanted to play game I wasn't able to beacus of error.
    I tried:
    - disableing addons, deleting them completly
    - repairing game
    - updating game
    - checking firewall
    - deleting game and instaling it again, few times
    - installing game on secondary disk (hard drive - 1T)
    - formating SSD disk and installing win 10 64bit again, and all programs and drivers
    - installing game on primary SSD disk (now it is placed there)

If there are other steps that I could do, pleas let me know.

On Monday I will contact my internet provider to see if something is wrong with my connection. Connection seems fine. I played Dota 2 few times during this period.

Technical detals if they can help:
    I play on EU servers, didn't try playing on US or PTS.
    I live in Bosnia and Herzegovina, internet here is not so great. ADSL 10/1mbs.
    My ingame name is same as here.
    Purchased game over Steam.
    Playing on PC.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    MB - GA-H61M-S1
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    Gigabyte Radeon R7 250x 2GB DDR5
    Intel Core i3-2100
    SSD disk Toshiba A100 240GB
    Hard disk Toshiba 1T
    Damaged hard disk - Seagate 500GB
    Edited by JoolsHy on September 9, 2017 7:08PM
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same error again, its happening since that DDOS attack intermitently.
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im still stuck with the same error, can someone help, please? :(
  • Horrum
    Horrum
    ✭✭✭
    Sooooo after being in contact with support and my ISP (to no avail) I eventually tested it with a VPN (I tried OpenVPN). Works flawlessly. I told Zeni about this and they figured the issue was resolved and closed the ticket. :(

So, for the time being i am forced to use a VPN. Still not quite sure what the real issue is.
    Edited by Horrum on September 10, 2017 6:25PM
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeam, im forced to use a VPN too, but it kinda sucks for my ping :neutral:
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    I kinda found the reason of my problem: Dynamic IP Address. My IP changes like every 3 minutes and messes up connection, i made a small HTML and JS code to monitor my IP and found that, using a VPN stabilizes my IP andI can play normally.

Cheers.
  • JoolsHy
    JoolsHy
    Soul Shriven
    I have dynamic IP address all along, but have this problem for more than a month. I use ProtonVPN free version. With it I can play. Sometimes have huge ping. Is there better VPN that is free?
    Edited by JoolsHy on October 16, 2017 5:41PM